Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Jackson Center, Ohio- October 2007 visit

I want to thank all of the staff and service people at Jackson Center Airstream. My warranty repairs and questions were all answered to my satisfaction. The staff WILL take care of you. You WILL leave with the knowledge that Airstream does take care of its own and takes responsibility for anything that should have been done while your Airstream was being manufactured. All of your suggestions, wise, thoughtful or not, are looked at by several people involved within the warranty and manufacturing end of the trailer building process. We noticed changes already on the 2007 trailers that people had suggested on the forum. Example. Door handles to the restrooms are now being made flush rather than the large hook handle on the 2006 and earlier models. Little details like this are being changed on the line.

We took the factory tour four times. The best tour is Friday, where Don- the tour guide and fountain on knowledge, takes you onto the assembly line floor. I learned enough to understand how to find and make repairs on trips to the wild. The new European spec' models, the narrow bodies, all of the three widths of AS's are there to poke your head into.

The staff behind the desk as you enter the building are the nicest and most helpful beginning of your visit. Need a part. They know where it is in the store to your right. I saw the brakes, bearings, interior parts, anything that would need repair some day... it was there. If not. The gals would send a message to the factory and the part would be there in the office that day or the next morning. We needed a closet door that was warped on the top. The next morning the factory MADE a replacement and it fit... perfectly. The factory has computer equipment that lays out the cutting of wall and cabinet parts to perfection from sheets... each and every time. No waste here.

The riveting goes on like a mining operation. Music to the ears of an AS owner. Checks to find water leaks made in their GIANT water spray booth. Those leaks that are missed... AS will take care of them when you find a leak later in your warranty period. Take a wall out... they will to find your leak. You will not even notice the repair when your trailer is reassembled.

The stay at the "terra port" provided by AS had full hookups, about 18 of them in three circles. Exactly at 7AM a John Deere tractor arrives and hauls your trailer to the service center. It is returned each afternoon around 3:30PM each day. Sometimes with a wall missing, or reassembled for the next days work. NOBODY left AS without complete satisfaction. Even the most disgruntled, left satisified of the personal attention to detail.

The service people will answer any questions and give you suggestions. Watch drum brakes be converted to disc on the spot. Federal Express, UPS, and suppliers arrive each morning with parts.

I had plenty of misgivings that my needs would be taken care of properly. The dust problem will be tested, when it quits snowing here in Colorado. We traveled back from Ohio in constant rain, so that could qualify as the leak test. Rick, in service, sealed every possible source of my dust getting into the trailer in excess. Rick... we will not let you off the hook. Dan... thank you.

In the main office, to your right and in the corner is the coffee machine. No charge coffee made to your specification. We liked the hot chocolate made to perfection each time the buttons were pressed.

My quest for 15 inch wheels and tires on ALL Airstreams fell on deaf ears, but I think that will change in the future. The 14 inch tires are only Load Range C (maxed out at 215/14's) and not within my 15% plus safety for Rockdocking. That debate I lost. But I will be looking for a five lug 15" wheels for my 23 footer in the after market here in Denver. Then my Safari will be ready for 2008 trips from top to bottom.
Ray Eklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Cumberland , RI
Sounds like a completely satisfying experience. What more could you ask for???
RIstream'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #3
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Eklund
... I will be looking for a five lug 15" wheels for my 23 footer in the after market here in Denver. Then my Safari will be ready for 2008 trips from top to bottom.
We are just about to buy new wheels and have found several places and choices for 15" wheels.

Trailer Parts Superstore - Trailer Wheel Only: 13" thru 15"
Cragar

Lots of choices and I'm sure there are more out there. Good luck with your search.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
My Jackson Center visit

Ray,

I was at the factory in Jackson Center just last week. I stopped on a whim on my way home from a conference in Cincinnati. I didn't have any service work performed, but the folks behind the counter, and on the factory floor were just as nice as those you encountered.

I also took the factory tour with Don, and I don't think I stopped smiling once during the 2 hour tour. I'm sure the other people in our group thought I had some sort of strange genetic disorder that only affected the muscles in my face.

As I told my husband - I was like a kid in a candy store. And all the wonderful confections were coated in aluminum.
dnrtheil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Exclamation Ask For??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIstream'n
A TRAILER THAT DOESN'T NEED TO GO TO THE FACTORY FOR WARRANTY
REPAIRS

A good dealer would be nice, there are NO AS dealers in N.Y.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Better quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIstream'n
A better quality product coming out of the factory. The quality I thought I was buying.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:15 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Cumberland , RI
Ok,OK Robert and catsandi I understand. I was referring to the visit once it's
needed not if it makes sense to need a visit. In a time when EVERYBODY {business} says they're the best, they value cust satisfaction, they care, they're #1, etc, it's nice to actually encounter it for real in attitude and performance. I think that's what Ray was trying to say.
RIstream'n is offline   Reply With Quote