Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2016, 07:27 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Findlay , OH
Best of wishes with your beautiful new MH and the adventures which await down the road! I have always enjoyed your many contributions on the AirForums and am pleased to read you plan to continue. I must admit that early on, DHart in my head simply morphed to DearHeart. Nothing implied here. I just assigned you a nickname, DearHeart! Happy trails. Enjoy your new home.

Allyson
PurdueMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:45 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Allyson... what a nice note from you! Thank you very much.

DearHeart...that's a nice morph indeed.

I hope we meet up sometime along the trail! Let's keep an eye out for each other. I often strike up a chat with other Airstreamers on the road.

Don
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:00 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
Quote:
I will always hold my Airstream memories as warm and wonderful and will continue to seek out Airstreamers during our travels, for sharing the love of travel and RVing!
Interesting comment. A couple who store their Cheetah Motorhome across from me ran over one day and we talked for quite a while. They had an Airstream and remembered how much fun they had. They just wanted something bigger.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:27 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodsterinfl View Post
Interesting comment. A couple who store their Cheetah Motorhome across from me ran over one day and we talked for quite a while. They had an Airstream and remembered how much fun they had. They just wanted something bigger.
We should be more bound by the lifestyle of travel and exploring the open road than by what type or brand of RV we happen to have at any given time. Of course, people are naturally drawn to others who share the same type/brand of RV, but we can also move far beyond that.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:07 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
We should be more bound by the lifestyle of travel and exploring the open road than by what type or brand of RV we happen to have at any given time. Of course, people are naturally drawn to others who share the same type/brand of RV, but we can also move far beyond that.
I could not agree more.
I am amazed at the amount of open floor space in your new motor home. It is really a beauty. I hope this works out well for you folks.
I have really enjoyed and learned from your posts. Glad that you are going to continue.

Safe and happy travels.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:37 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Just a little fine point. Your new 32' MH is about 31' inside. The 30' Serenity was actually 30' 11" long but the living space was about 3' shorter as the Airstream is measured from the back end of the rear bumper to the front side of the ball socket on the hitch. That makes your new MH have about 3.5" more length in the floor space and that is a lot of space in the RV world plus all the storage in the "basement".

Our 31' Classic is stored under roof between two huge MHs in 55 foot long storage spaces and is in their shadow whenever the sun shines. Not too bad a deal for full protection from the weather.

I have enjoyed your interactions on the forum. Don't be a stranger.

Wish you well in your new RV lifestyle.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:14 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDan View Post
I could not agree more.
I am amazed at the amount of open floor space in your new motor home. It is really a beauty. I hope this works out well for you folks.
I have really enjoyed and learned from your posts. Glad that you are going to continue.

Safe and happy travels.

Dan
Thank you Dan for your kind remarks. I look forward to interacting more here with you and all.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:16 AM   #48
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Just a little fine point. Your new 32' MH is about 31' inside. The 30' Serenity was actually 30' 11" long but the living space was about 3' shorter as the Airstream is measured from the back end of the rear bumper to the front side of the ball socket on the hitch. That makes your new MH have about 3.5" more length in the floor space and that is a lot of space in the RV world plus all the storage in the "basement".

Our 31' Classic is stored under roof between two huge MHs in 55 foot long storage spaces and is in their shadow whenever the sun shines. Not too bad a deal for full protection from the weather.

I have enjoyed your interactions on the forum. Don't be a stranger.

Wish you well in your new RV lifestyle.
Switz... I have you to thank for getting me off to the right start with Denny at DAP. And your posts have been immensely helpful to me, as to all of us I'm sure, here. And thank you again for your awesome contributions. Looking forward to sharing and learning more here!
Old 04-10-2016, 04:19 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Someone here was fortunate to find and buy our 2016 Serenity.... are you there? Hello?
Old 04-10-2016, 06:15 PM   #50
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Howell , Michigan
Regardless of the size of the ship that you arrived on, the views the same!
LakeState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:18 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeState View Post
Regardless of the size of the ship that you arrived on, the views the same!
No doubt about that, if the view is all that matters. You might even be able to ride your bicycle to the view, as well.

For some, there is a little more to RVing than just the view once you arrive.

Whatever one's choice in RV, whether it be pop-up, truck camper, trailer, 5th wheel, or motorhome... If it works well for you, you've chosen well! If it doesn't, find a solution that does and enjoy the heck out of it.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
I would love to make acquaintance with the folks who bought the 2016 Serenity recliner option that was mine, at Desert Autoplex... Shoot me a PM, if you like. You got a great trailer!
Old 10-11-2020, 01:27 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Vitaver
It’s been 4 years. Can you please share how the change worked out for you?

I am considering now a Super C+ (Renegade or Newmar) built on Peterbuilt chasis, two axels in tandem behind. Any words of advice? Currently an Airstreamer for 5 years in two different models.

Thanks!
Vitaver is offline   Reply With Quote