Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
Better to get a PRO-PRIDE (or PULLRITE) and be done with this question. An inferior hitch (even if it operated correctly) is not one's friend when it matters.

Good to see the tire upsize, etc. And, as with others, congratulations on a very, very nice rig!

.[/QUOTE]

Hensley
Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Lakeland , Florida
Hi All,

Thanks for all the well meaning advice. It is much appreciated. I have just found out this morning, that the dealership has received our Airstream. Just like a baby being born, I will be nervous until we get her home.

Will post pictures in a couple of weeks. We will have to pick her up in Michigan.

Thanks again.
Freedomrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Washington , District of Columbia
Freedomrider,

Congrats on your new purchase! My wife and I live in Hagerstown, MD and are looking at the same setup that you just purchased. Once you get your trailer all hooked up and running, be sure to let me know how well it pulls over the moutain on I-68.

That question is is my head and want to be sure that the combo can climb those at the speed limit That's the bar that I set for myself in my tow rig.

We are still in the shopping and learning stage at this point.

Congtrats again.
dbl0svn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #24
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
St. Catharines , South Western Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
That there are far better alternatives is to him to read on be it the PRO PRIDE or the older, less efficient HENSLEY ARROW or the PULLRITE would be more to the point given his high dollar, heavy, rig.
Yes, with that much money invested why not complete the pkg with a high end connection.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #25
Old School Young Gun

Currently Looking...
Olney , Illinois
For better mpgs, the warranty will have to go bye bye. Delete all the emmissions stuff, put on a good flowing exhaust, slap in a cold air intake, and get a programmer and set it on economy mode. Youll be seeing closer to 25+ empty. But youll have a ton of money sank in it with no warranty to fall back on.

I know a cold air intake wont void a warranty and a chip can be set back to stock for warranty work, but im not so sure on the exhaust side of it.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Lakeland , Florida
Hi All,

db10svn - you are looking at a great set-up. We love this set-up and if we had to do it all over again, we would do it again. We have pulled our Airstream over 1000 miles over varies terrain. We have not seen it all, but I am confident this rig can handle anything the road has to offer. Just getting familiar with everything, but I do like the exhaust brake and the Tow Haul mode. We will be going out again this week for 3 days at Ft. Meade. Last week we did three days at Andrews AFB. We store our unit in Frederick at Bowman"s. We highly recommend them. Very safe and secure.
Let us know how it goes.

Road Ruler - We have the Reese set-up. I have to admit, now that I have finally learned how to hook and unhook it, and to back it up, I like it. Of course that's all I know. If there are other advantages to a better hitch, I would like to know about. Learning to back this up was a big deal. What the difference with a Pro Pride?

Thanks
Old 03-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Washington , District of Columbia
Freedomrider, That sure is good to know. Bowman's is a nice place and has the covered storage that I like. I had not thought about storing there, but it would be nice in the wintertime to keep it out of the snow. Thanks for all of your responses. You're really helping us narrow our search down.
dbl0svn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
Freedomrider,

We recently said good bye to our 2006 25 Safari, and Just picked up our 2103 27FB Classic. We hope to see you down the road. We have signed up to the Birthday Bash over the July 4th weekend. There are 19 people signed up so far.

We also the 16" Michelin's and Solar Package.

We have the Reese Dual Cam hitch. Our plans are to upgrade our TV in about 4 years or so.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...ur-100505.html

Safe travels -- hope you can make it to the Bash

2013 27 FB Classic Limited
2019 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.7L Diesel
WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17
tkowalyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:50 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Lakeland , Florida
db10svn - If you are seriously want undercover storage at Bowman's, you must get on their waiting list. It could take you up to a year, if then. People rarely give up these spaces. People pay in advance and rent for months with putting anything in the space. Best of luck.

tkowalyk - Congradulations on your 27FB Classic. Hope you love yours as much as we love ours. Great addition of the wheels and solar package. We will look forward to upgrading our tow package in the future.

We look forward to see you on the road.