Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 04:39 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Savannah , Georgia
Inland RV...

Called a week ago and ordered a univolt and water filter. This Wednesday got a call from them to see what other question I had. Needless to say my order was not shipped last week when ordered. It took four months to get a service manual.
Usually they are prompt and very helpful. Am confused why my order was not shipped. Are there changes going on with this formerly trustworthy supplier? It looks like I won't be able to move the AS during the 4th as planned.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
www.outofdoorsmart.com in Colfax, N.C. would be a good source. They have a good reputation as well, they're closer to you and usually keep a good supply of vintage Airstream parts on hand. They're one of the oldest Airstream dealers in the nation and we've had excellent results with them servicing and modifying our Airstream. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:27 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Durham , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skamper1 View Post
Called a week ago and ordered a univolt and water filter. This Wednesday got a call from them to see what other question I had. Needless to say my order was not shipped last week when ordered. It took four months to get a service manual.
Usually they are prompt and very helpful. Am confused why my order was not shipped. Are there changes going on with this formerly trustworthy supplier? It looks like I won't be able to move the AS during the 4th as planned.
I ordered a replacement window for my '68 Airstream last week and it came promptly in about 3 days. So far I've experienced very good service with Inland.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
On last Tuesday I ordered a doorknob, vent covers and some Parbond. All arrived Friday the 25th, packed well and as ordered.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:51 AM   #5
Mouse Nest Hunter

1961 28' Ambassador
Sherburne , New York
Call and ask to speak to Andy. I think he's a standup guy, and as the owner of the business, I'm sure he'd like to hear about it so he can get things taken care of for you.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:50 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Savannah , Georgia
That's what surprised me, I did speak with and order from Andy. Guess there must have been some miscommunication from him to office staff. Still bummed out about not being able to move Airstream. Oh well, in the road of life, this is just another little pothole. Jack
Old 06-26-2010, 08:05 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Its not majic

You should have no trouble moving the Airstream without a univolt and water filter. Is there something else missing? You can get just about anything you need in your local area.....the internet sources for sure...to get you going quick.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
I've ordered a number of things from Andy and had prompt service. Granted they're just at the other end of my state but I was quite impressed with the follow up with my axles order. I got a call the day I picked them up at the local shippers inquiring if I got 'em. Don't write them off...I'm sure your bad experience was a rare one. I also like Vintage Trailer Supply up in Vermont.
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
Old 06-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #9
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skamper1 View Post
Jack.

We have absolutely "ZERO" control over what Airstream does with their parts department.

We order parts, they ship them as directed, when they have them.

In the case of manuals,sometimes, yes, it takes considerable time to get them. That is not ANY dealers fault.

You placed your order with me, but said, "I am not sure if I want the filter, and I will call you back".

We waited 5 days for your call, and then called you. At that point, you said "yes" I want he filter too.

Your CC card was then processed, and your order was shipped the next day.
Your order will be delivered on 6-29 as per UPS.

Dealers are not always at fault when parts are back ordered to them.

Andy
Old 06-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Savannah , Georgia
Andy: am not upset, but was confused. Regarding the filter: yes I had a question, went to the camper to get an exact description and called you back within the hour. We had a discussion about my "blue metal" collar. I thought I was patient about the service manual and understood it was coming from Airstream. Two weeks turned into sixteen weeks. It arrived and is a great reproduction well worth the wait.
I know you are busy and we all appreciate your wealth of knowledge. You have bailed me out of several situations.
No harm, no foul. Look forward to a continued use of your services.
Thanks, Jack
Old 06-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
This thread has moved toward some understanding. Dealer disputes are not permitted on this forum. Glad that the members involved seem to be addressing their issues. Further communication should move toward private messaging from this point.

Thank you,
Bob
Closed Thread