Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Fort Worth , Texas
In search of Airstream Trailers for display

I'm in search of 6 Airstream trailers in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that can be used on display. I have a trade show with a Route 66 feel and would love participation.

If you're interested please let me know. You can e-mail me at jessica@huntconferencegroup.com.

The dates of the event are September 20-23.

Thank you and I appreciate any help one may be able to provide on where we can find some trailers for use.

-Jessica
jmcguirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcguirk View Post

I'm in search of 6 Airstream trailers in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that can be used on display. I have a trade show with a Route 66 feel and would love participation.

If you're interested please let me know. You can e-mail me at jessica@huntconferencegroup.com.

The dates of the event are September 20-23.

Thank you and I appreciate any help one may be able to provide on where we can find some trailers for use.

-Jessica
Just curious, did you want vintage trailers ? if so between what years ? Are the trailers going to be open for visiting ? or closed and just used for a visual effect ? Some details might make things go a little faster for you.

Quite a few people on here have a hard time letting their trailer out of their sight. This might be a hard sell to most.

Just my .02
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #3

Currently Looking...
Fort Worth , Texas
Thank you for the questions... that definietly might help!

here's my responses in orange:

Just curious, did you want vintage trailers ? Either or... not as concerned with the age as I am with the condition. Are the trailers going to be open for visiting ? or closed and just used for a visual effect ? We would like them to be opened for individuals to visit inside. Some details might make things go a little faster for you.

Quite a few people on here have a hard time letting their trailer out of their sight. This might be a hard sell to most. Completely understand and agree... therefore we are willing to compensate the individuals for their use and we are covered with insurance if we have any problems.

To give more of a background on this event. It'll be held at the Fort Worth Convention Center, and is put on by a group pushing the morgage industry to rebuild... therefore it's named "Road to Recovery", with a Route 66 feel. They put a lot of effort into their events and stop at nothing to make it "pop".

If worse came to worse and we need to have the trailers closed that definietly could be considered.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
::grumble:: You picked a hard colour to read there... I'm sending you an invoice for pale orange glasses
Old 04-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #5

Currently Looking...
Fort Worth , Texas
Sorry about the color... Hopefully this will help Thanks,

Just curious, did you want vintage trailers ? Either or... not as concerned with the age as I am with the condition. Are the trailers going to be open for visiting ? or closed and just used for a visual effect ? We would like them to be opened for individuals to visit inside. Some details might make things go a little faster for you.

Quite a few people on here have a hard time letting their trailer out of their sight. This might be a hard sell to most. Completely understand and agree... therefore we are willing to compensate the individuals for their use and we are covered with insurance if we have any problems.

To give more of a background on this event. It'll be held at the Fort Worth Convention Center, and is put on by a group pushing the morgage industry to rebuild... therefore it's named "Road to Recovery", with a Route 66 feel. They put a lot of effort into their events and stop at nothing to make it "pop".

If worse came to worse and we need to have the trailers closed that definietly could be considered.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
Quote:

To give more of a background on this event. It'll be held at the Fort Worth Convention Center, and is put on by a group pushing the mortgage industry to rebuild... therefore it's named "Road to Recovery", with a Route 66 feel. They put a lot of effort into their events and stop at nothing to make it "pop".

If worse came to worse and we need to have the trailers closed that definitely could be considered.

If you are going for that Route 66 Feel Vintage tow vehicles would work well for the effect. Some owners have that as well, although not as many. So one or two would really many it "pop" as you say. I happen to hate that term. It's just over used. Maybe just too hip for me.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Quote:

Thanks for the reply, I would consider it if I wasn't in the NW. I have had another trailer in a photo shoot. So not too scary if I know all the details. Good luck on your search !
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #8
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
A better idea

A mortgage industry benefit eh. If you install a set of stocks and sell rotten tomatoes for a $1 buck apiece you could raise a million $$$$$$.

Charge the public $100 to pick which banker to lock up and raise another $$$$$ million.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Use an Airstream to help the mortgage industry? Another "smoke n' mirror" campaign to give a false sense of security at the expense of Airstream (that 50's sense of prosperity)? Sorry... advertising leaves a bad taste in my mouth, back cover of Consumer Reports pretty much 'splains it... Lucy.
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote