Old 05-05-2017, 06:54 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Southwest VA , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Our adult children have never had any interest in camping, and I think that is not universally true but fairly commonplace.

Take the grandchild....kids love camping.

Our grands would go anywhere, any time, any place with us.

Make an adventure out of it, and give mom and dad a little alone time...good for them, good for the grand, and good for you.

Maggie
We've decided to keep most of it. I already have a grandchild, and next year, he should be able to come with us. My other kids (one college age and two younger), love camping and help us plan trips. My nephew and his wife, same age as my daughter, love camping as well. I'm wondering if it is more "My parents liked camping. I did it when I was younger, therefore, I will not do it now" type of attitude instead of truly not enjoying it.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:35 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We started taking ours at 18 months, but one must keep their eye every moment on those impulse ridden, have-no-fear little guys.

They can really move, and get into anything, as I'm sure you know....a harness and a leash for safety purposes comes to mind.

One thing about the camping....the activity in the fresh air exhausts them, they go down hard at night, and emerge rosy cheeked and ready for the next day.

They're so worth the extra time and effort of taking them along, and you will make memories they will never forget.

Maggie

Old 05-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Southwest VA , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
We started taking ours at 18 months, but one must keep their eye every moment on those impulse ridden, have-no-fear little guys.

They can really move, and get into anything, as I'm sure you know....a harness and a leash for safety purposes comes to mind.

One thing about the camping....the activity in the fresh air exhausts them, they go down hard at night, and emerge rosy cheeked and ready for the next day.

They're so worth the extra time and effort of taking them along, and you will make memories they will never forget.

Maggie
Agree with all this. We began camping as a very young couple with very young children and not very much money. It was fun watching everyone be wiped out by like, oh 8:30-9 and those naps those little ones would take

For now, we will keep most, but not all. Then, we will see what we actually use this summer.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:49 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
1987 29' Sovereign
1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , Florida
Hang on to all the gear at least til you've Airstreamed several times, but not too long. You will learn soon enough what you are glad to still have. Your tents & gear might still be used.

Think about traveling in your Airstream, perhaps to the Florida Keys, and leaving the AS locked up in a secure place & kayaking or taking a water taxi or ferry/boat shuttle to a remote island with your tent/bags for an overnight or two where the AS can't go! It can be romantic and the beauty is that you have the AS to return to.

If/when you decide you have a few things to donate consider a young family who might appreciate the opportunity to introduce their children to camping but might not otherwise be able to afford it!

Airstreaming isn't an either/or delight!

Happy Camping

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
369goose is offline   Reply With Quote