Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #221
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
Packing was easy, but taking important papers was hard. I need to organize all that stuff better.
Scan everything, and store it on a flash drive. Or better, copies on two flash drives, so you have a spare.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:13 AM   #222
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Scan everything, and store it on a flash drive. Or better, copies on two flash drives, so you have a spare.
Scan all my insurance policies? You must have a secretary!
That reminds me.
I took my Mackbook that I almost never use. It drove me crazy. All the e-mail services where wacky. I could receive but not send. It would ask for passwords, which I keep on a thumb drive, and then tell me it was the wrong password. Part of the problem, is that Verizon bought AOL and then it was bought by Frontier, so I think the "accounts" information was outdated. Unfortunately, I didn't have this computer to look at. (and I didn't want to spend two hours speaking with customer service in Singapore).
My phone had some information but evidently, not enough.
It ran me in circles.
The answer is to keep all those current. I had to reset the date and time!
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:10 PM   #223
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Ocala , Florida
In Ocala we had 90- 105mph winds for hours.... WOW... it was a lil crazy being on the east side of the eyewall. That is the bad news~~ the good news is the Airstream, House and Vehicles were unscathed. The Airstream never budged and is perfect
Mikenbern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:57 PM   #224
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Jacksonville , Florida
Mollysdad, glad you're home safe and sound. What a roller coaster last week was! Would you do it again?? The same way?
We can only go with the info that we have at any given point in time. You are going to have the biggest welcome party for your a/s when you pick it up!!
Again, hurricanes are a crapshoot. You do your best given info and gut instinct. Like you say, once a decision is made, a lot of stress is alleviated. Relax, unwind, and look forward to the stories you have for us with your new Airstream!!
Glad you're safe!! [emoji1]
DMP54 is offline   Reply With Quote