Old 08-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #57
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Storms

That is what really sucks about these kind of storms.There is that chance they could change course.You can even hear it on the weather channel saying if the high pressure were to change it could move slightly east and it wont take that much to start feeling the strong winds where we are at.
They are looking at Hannah that way right now and it depends on what the high pressure is doing.Who knows...It could cruise across like Andrew did or it could just crawl its way up the whole east coast.I just know I am prepared just in case.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #58
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoman View Post
That is what really sucks about these kind of storms.There is that chance they could change course.You can even hear it on the weather channel saying if the high pressure were to change it could move slightly east and it wont take that much to start feeling the strong winds where we are at.
They are looking at Hannah that way right now and it depends on what the high pressure is doing.Who knows...It could cruise across like Andrew did or it could just crawl its way up the whole east coast.I just know I am prepared just in case.
If it does turn this way, I'll just tow Bertha over to work. We have an open field, not trees in the field, but surrounded by them. I have about 50 Nissan Armadas I can park in a ring around the trailer to block the wind.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:10 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
From my brother in Houston to those of you on the Florida Gulf Coast and everywhere in between, you're in our thoughts and prayers. No single place for landfall seems better than any other, so please be safe, hit the road, or burrow in tightly...~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:32 PM   #60
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
You all are in my prayers. Good luck and stay hitched just in case.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
We sit and wait for the 48 hour forecast. If this does not change we may stay - BUT - any wiggle east and we are gone to the east. I-10 looks like a parking lot, I had a confrontation at a local gas station earlier this evening - people cannot handle the stress.

The F250 is at the ready, trailer is ready to go - in the morning I set up and hook up the CCD and move the Caravel out into the yard to get her off the slope of the yard where she sits. My 5kw generator is ready and has been run, fuel for days, Mr. Remington (12ga) in the truck, and the wife and I will be gone.......

What a mess, too many temporary structures around here.

Ya'll keep us in mind - all the prayers are welcome, it's not going to be good for alot of people.

Be safe, Mike
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #62
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
We sit and wait for the 48 hour forecast. If this does not change we may stay - BUT - any wiggle east and we are gone to the east. I-10 looks like a parking lot, I had a confrontation at a local gas station earlier this evening - people cannot handle the stress.

The F250 is at the ready, trailer is ready to go - in the morning I set up and hook up the CCD and move the Caravel out into the yard to get her off the slope of the yard where she sits. My 5kw generator is ready and has been run, fuel for days, Mr. Remington (12ga) in the truck, and the wife and I will be gone.......

What a mess, too many temporary structures around here.

Ya'll keep us in mind - all the prayers are welcome, it's not going to be good for alot of people.

Be safe, Mike
Mike, can y'all head over to Fortson a few days early? At least you won't be driving up and down the road with the trailer, though you would probably want to go home and verify no damage was done.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:21 PM   #63

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
...What a mess, too many temporary structures around here...
Not for long

This one has the chance to be real ugly. The good part is folks are taking this one serious and (trying) to leave.
Mrs. HiHo looked at the 'stream in our back yard...right where our previous RV got hit by a tree from Katrina..."I just couldn't stand to loose the Airstream..."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04873.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	66590  
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:16 PM   #64

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Our Daughter-in-law, Juliet, and her Mom are on the way over here from New Orleans as I write this. They left at 1600, and they are not expecting to get here until well after midnight. New Orleans is only 275 miles from here, so the going is brutally slow. When we spoke to Juliet a little while ago, she was in Biloxi making about 25 mph. She told me that it had taken her over 2 hours to get from Algiers to Orleans Parish line on I-10. Our son, Travis, has to stay to work. He's with NOPD.

When Juliet came over here for Katrina, she was here for over three months. We are praying that poor old New Orleans fares better this time.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:03 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Getting the outer bands now ,tornado warnings,rain and gust of winds.Good luck to all in the path.Dave
Old 08-31-2008, 06:41 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Just had our first "outer band" pass over - gusty winds to maybe 40mph, with big cold raindrops. It's over now but a prelude to what's to come. Local TV weatherman says it's just standard late afternoon storms but influenced by GUSTOV. OK - how can you tell........

OK - We are staying now and buttoned up for the ride.

See you on the other side.

Mike and Tina
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Mom and Dad headed out of St. Charles Parish late yesterday for Austin, Texas and arrived at my sister's house in Houston safely around 4:45 this morning. Bleah. They were thinking about going on to Austin this afternoon. They said traffic on I-10 was terrible, starting around Lafayette and getting really bad after the Texas state line.

If anyone needs a place to stay, we have plenty room to park trucks and trailers, can run electric/water to several, and there is a dump station 12 miles away. We are about 8 hours north of New Orleans in I-530 between Pine Bluff and Little Rock in Arkansas. All we expect here is rain. Please PM me or bkahler if you need room!

Good luck to all, and stay safe!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:37 PM   #68
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I've got the Argosy loaned out to friends in Oklahoma City, who have relatives coming this way from the coast. He have tornadoes; however, we don't have to sit and wait for them to show up. It's always over pretty quick here and you can track those suckers right on TV. All you coastal people are in our thoughts. Hope this one isn't as hard on the country as Katrina and Rita.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:47 PM   #69
3 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Denham Springs , Louisiana
The rain has just now started to fall here in Denham Springs near Baton Rouge. No wind yet, but it is coming. If all forecasts hold true, we will have sustained winds of 70 to75 mph here. I moved the Airstream to the middle of our property--away from any trees. It may be our lifeboat if (when ) the power goes out.

I am going to bed -- I have go to work at 0400 at the LSU basketball arena where we are sheltering hospital patients from New Orleans. Part of being an ER doctor. I will probably be stuck there for a few days.

Good luck to all of my fellow Gulf Coast Airstreamers!!

Greg
Old 08-31-2008, 09:15 PM   #70
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Looks like the eye has passed here, heading North. We had more rain from this storm, hundreds of miles away, than we did last week with Fay circling us like a giant airborn shark...
Good luck up North, it is going to get hairy in the next 12 hours or so.