Old 11-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
How Would You Like to Work for This Guy!

This is quite a site to browse, I think I spent at least a half hour or more just checking it all out!!! He really seems to take to the motto "Only the Best". I especially liked clicking the JOBS button and getting to hear the new Eagles song thru u-tube with the Flying Clouds as part of video. He sure has an amazing collection for use!!! Check it out!

DOUGS VINTAGE TRAILERS - 1946 MOOSE CAMP TRAILER

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Gotta ask, anybody been to the Wrightwood Rally in CA? Anybody know Doug? Bet he has a lot of interesting stories to tell! Maybe he has purchased from Andy? Maybe he is a member here? Sure do like his website!! and his inventory!!!!!!!!

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
Old 11-20-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Arvada , Colorado
I lived in Wrightwood during my first year at George AFB, Then at El Mirage way back in the mid 70"s
Old 11-20-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Aerowood - We are anxious to reacquaint ourselves in person w/airforum members. We met some @ a rally in C.Springs several yrs. ago (like Shari - In/Out) & tho we didnt bring our "Moonunit" on that trip, we really enjoyed meeting other forum members & seeing some lovely trailers.! Glad there are a number of members from Colorado!!

That rally in Wrightwood shown on Dougs Vintage Trailer site looks lovely. Did you camp there as well as live in the vicinity? We have only had a chance to visit CA once, again w/o our Argosy in tow. Hope to have more chances to travel w/unit once we have her more renovated & are in the position to be able to do some heavy duty travel. Wrightwood looks to be a place I would like to see. Where is it in relationship to Fresno? I have a sister who lives just NE of Fresno.

What did you think of Doug's vintage trailers?

Old 11-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Arvada , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by COArgosy78 View Post
Aerowood - We are anxious to reacquaint ourselves in person w/airforum members. We met some @ a rally in C.Springs several yrs. ago (like Shari - In/Out) & tho we didnt bring our "Moonunit" on that trip, we really enjoyed meeting other forum members & seeing some lovely trailers.! Glad there are a number of members from Colorado!!

That rally in Wrightwood shown on Dougs Vintage Trailer site looks lovely. Did you camp there as well as live in the vicinity? We have only had a chance to visit CA once, again w/o our Argosy in tow. Hope to have more chances to travel w/unit once we have her more renovated & are in the position to be able to do some heavy duty travel. Wrightwood looks to be a place I would like to see. Where is it in relationship to Fresno? I have a sister who lives just NE of Fresno.

What did you think of Doug's vintage trailers?
Doug's trailers are cool.
Wrightwood is in the San Gabriel Mountains northeast of L.A. George AFB was at Adelanto Ca. which is due west of Victorville Ca. I never camped there. I haven't been back there since the late 70's, but I hear the high dessert is quite populated now.