Old 02-12-2004, 11:10 AM   #29
Rivet Master
1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
now i get it.....

As for that other stuff... you just have to be a little creative.
so THAT'S what my b/friend was referring to when he said "I want to be able to get to you when I want to get to you & sleep diagonal when you don't want to be gotten to."

It was so romantic brought tears to my eyes.... in fact, it inspired me to get so "creative" that now I'm thinking his 'n' hers Airstreams.

summerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 09:36 PM   #30
Site Team
, Minnesota
Twin beds?

I did an exhaustive study today at the Minnesota RV camping and RV show. I hung around the Airstream exhibit and listened to the old folks (it was senior citizen discount day) talk about the relative merits of the twin bed/double bed options.
I heard every comment listed above, and some others that can't be printed here. They were a randy lot. Must be the cold Minnesota winters.

markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:13 PM   #31
Rivet Master
South Shore , Kentucky
We had a double bed and changed the decor to twins about 2-years ago. The reason for it was we found it very difficult to move around the bed. We thought it was just too restrictive. By going "twin" we made a lot of leg room where it opened up the center for an isle way. Much roomier now and has easy access to the cabinet space overhead.

The only thing we don't like about the new mattresses we purchased from A/S is that they are too hard for us; kind of like sleeping on a board. The beds are a lot narrower but not a problem since we don't full time in it.

We also recently purchased a foam mattress (that is supposed to be developed by NASA) for our house that we find very comfortable. I would like to replace the twins with the same kind of mattress.
Visit our church on the web!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:34 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member
Thumbs up

We've had twins in both the middle and the rear of a 31' and 32' Excellas.

I think that if you measure the width of twins versus a double or queen, you will find that twins is the roomier way to go and it also allows the one who arises early not to disturb the other person.

(and noboby will steal the covers)
ke4pk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 01:44 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus
1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Our coach has twins, does not seem to be a problem. Have not noticed a heat or cold problem with the walls. I've sleep in it between 26 and 90 degrees. If more room is needed for "fun time activities", the front gaucho folds out and provides more room.

2003 GMC 2500HD 4X4 D/A Ext. Cab
Propane Powered Honda EU2000i
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote