Old 06-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #29
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Originally Posted by bkay1
this ad was in the bike boat and rv trader...

This is interesting... we had our 'Stream for sale posted at this site but decided to keep it... but forgot we had a posting there and didn't pull it.

Not long ago, we had two different inquiries from that site wanting photos of our trailer. Sent 'em on and haven't heard a word back. Not so much as a 'thank you' or 'not interested'. Made me wonder about whether or not someone was using the pics and just needed a portfolio of Airstream pics - clip art...? They didn't ask for any other info, just wanted the photos...

As to the original posting from bradk, reading their email shows the writer has a better command of english but still, there are those tale-tell "it will be delivered in the best conditions"... red flags.

Scam, IMHO...

Bill & Kim
34 Classic Limited w/slideout (Anabelle)
Chevy Silverado * 2500HD Duramax * LTZ
WBCCI 7005 * AIR 9218

The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:48 AM   #30
Aurora , Ontario
Bambi "Hot Deal" 2nd message from scam seller

After I posted my first ad MAY 08 on Kijiji warning about the Bambi scam, I received a few messages from other Kijiji users. Here are a few of the responding messages:

Good for you !I went back and forth with " good Old Sarah " and I couldn't get her to call me...Oh yah right.Her address given in the supposed E-bay transaction site was the Marriot in downtown Atlanta and the E-bay agent address was a hotel in San Jose CA.For your interest, they tried to sell a $38,000 SunRay for $3,700 three weeks ago and came out briefly last night with a '06 Harley Fat Boy, a $28,000 value easily. Gee, they only wanted $5,800 ! Amazing !I called the fraud unit in Kitchener and they said there is nothing they can do other I should than E-mail KIJIJI.Your idea is great. I will think about doing the same in the boat and motorbike sections on the weekend and post warnings.-- Kitchener Ontario

2nd message about "Sarah":
This guy is a scammer with hundreds of listings in every catagory. He keeps changing his email address after kijiji kicks him off but he keeps coming back. I have received 5 emails from him about cars for sale. Just report him to kijiji and they will boot his ads.

3rd message about "Sarah"
hello.. thanks for posting this ad. you know, i just reported to kijiji about a simular ad about a vw jetta. it used the exact same thing but worded a little different. It was a 2007 jetta for 4,400. i thought that was a little odd. So i investigated it and sure enough it was the same as yours. I m glad so one else sees this is a problem too. I just feel bad cuz there are ppl out there that do fall for it.

thanks again for letting ppl know about it. Report this too kijiji too!!!!

4th message:
Thanks for reporting this scammer who tried to scam me in march of this year and also this time arround

Here is another message received from the scam seller (Sarah Jones) to share how this person attempts to convince people that their deal is real:

This transaction is covered by ebay's purchase protection program up to 20,000 USD and if something goes wrong in this transaction you will be fully refunded. I strongly assure you it will not be the case for a refund. I have used Purchase protection program for vehicles in the past and all my transaction ended succesfully. You can deposit your money at eBay and they will hold your payment 7 days after you receive the trailer so you will have time to inspect it !
IF you are really interested in purchasing the trailer please send me your full name, shipping address and your phone number. eBay will notify you all the details about the shipping and payment.

Thank you!

leemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:42 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member
1966 17' Caravel
Dallas , Texas

Has anyone reported these ads to ebay as well? Even though they don't have the listing - they are being implicated.
pcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:19 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member
1975 25' Tradewind
Stoughton , Wisconsin
Here is the answer I got when I inquired about a similar ad

"Hello, first of all I want to thank you for your interest for my airstream. I sell it at this price because I just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce has finished I own this airstream and as women I don't need it. This airstream is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title.
We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at a shipping company and I have a purchase protection account for $ 10.000.
The final price that I want for this airstream is
$ 5,600 including shipping and handling.
I will wait your answer (if you are interested to buy) very soon."

I won't even repeat my reply.... I was so mad... "as women I don't need it"- WHAT??!!

Newlyweds is offline   Reply With Quote