Old 08-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #71
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I agree about the feeling however you could not beat the camaraderie.

There are many great camp sites to include Assateague which is only 15 miles from our home

urnmor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:12 AM   #72
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Fantastic Airstream. congratulations!

Craig and Carol
1997 34' Excella 1000
1970 27' Overlander, International
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #73
3 Rivet Member
2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Tonight is night 49 in our AS. I have to say it feels just as good as night number 1. Even with two teens and three little yorkies, we are doing pretty well. We have our moments but I remind myself those happen even in a stick built house, it's not the Airstreams fault

I love how much cheaper it is than a house. We are saving a solid 1k over living in a house, doing the budget is fun

Biggest problem so far was my fault. We have to leave the famcamp for 24 hours every 30 days. It was my idea to just hang out in the AS in an overflow space. All went well til I lost my head and plugged my hair dryer into one of the inverter outlets. It shut off and we can't reset it, the breaker is fine and we tried to reset it at the inverter under the sofa but the breaker just won't click in or out and we can't find a reset button. We will trouble shoot it over the phone with AS soon and if that fails take it to camper clinic 2 before we have to leave again.

Other issue is AC condensation. The 13.5 unit never drips at all but the 15k unit can really hold some water. We know how to get it going again if it loses connection with the CCC and shuts down, it's just a pain to deal with the dripping onto the floor and sometimes just some annoying water gurgling noises.

But I love this Airstream. I'm so happy we got this model. The dual ACs are doing fine in the TX heat, I love having no skylights, the convection oven rocks, it's just really cool. I feel like a queen in the kitchen with all that counter space. The bathroom is big enough that you can change your clothes with the door shut...amazing.

We joked with the kids that we were gonna live in the AS full time but seriously didn't think we would need to. I thought the housing office would have something for us. We have moved up a few spots on the list to number 6. We have til feb 15 then we have to leave this famcamp for 6 months and also take delivery of our household goods so I really hope we get a house by then. But in the mean time we are doing fine. I've enjoyed living in the AS and I only hope if it takes months more to get a house, that the AS still feels as good as day one.

Shannon & Sandra
2012 30' International Serenity
2008 Toyota Tundra w/propride hitch
smhx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #74
Married to Soldiermedic
San Antonio , Texas
Well guys I hope you get a place quickly. I didnt go for post housing when I got here cause Ft. Sam wanted all my BAH for 1000sq feet. The places were tiny. Second thought though is maybe I should have gone for it and not lived on the economy....ah too late anyhow.

CombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote