Old 07-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
I like the 'curved' edges of the Euro style cabinetry...really cool!

Old 07-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weldon Spring , Missouri
smhx4, did you delete the sconces in the lounge area, or have they discontinued those?

Old 07-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
Port Angeles , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by smhx4 View Post
Quick question. I know most people refer to their rigs as girls, how about a boy?

We thought of naming this one Burney after DH's grandfather that recently passed. I know we can do whatever we want, I'm just curious.
I would name it Burney in a heartbeat.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwally View Post
Huge Congratulations...B E A U T I F U L....

p.s. someone told me once....'it's better to have had your wish than wished you had'.

Well done.
I remember your quote.

Here is another one that may apply.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau
Old 07-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmrcaptevil View Post
smhx4, did you delete the sconces in the lounge area, or have they discontinued those?
You noticed that also.....

I noticed that right way, when you stare at photos of AS's for weeks you really notice when something is missing. I emailed both Schu and BT and found out they are on backorder. We will have to get them later, it sure looks funny without them doesn't it?

Well the trailer arrived at BT late Thursday evening. A rock guard was damaged on the way so BT ordered another and will replace it ASAP. The propride is due to arrive mon or tues. We are scheduled for 9 am Friday to get the trailer.

Yeah it's killing me. It's an hour away and I haven't gone to see it yet. We have movers coming mon, tues, and weds. We haven't packed one thing and we're moving to a hotel tomorrow. So yeah, Friday is actually the best day to get the trailer. It'll be a great day!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator113 View Post
I would name it Burney in a heartbeat.
Yep, Burney it is!
Old 07-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by smhx4 View Post
Yep, Burney it is!
I am very happy for you folks.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weldon Spring , Missouri
smhx4, your lounge area is still beautiful without them; in fact, I drooled over those pictures several times before I even noticed that the sconces were missing! Apparently they did not send it out the door with anything ugly (like pre-drilled holes) on the walls where the sconces should be, which was a good decision. (When I open the entry door of my expensive, cool new Airstream for the first time, I don't want to stare straight ahead at some incomplete project). More importantly, when those sconces arrive, if they are of poor quality (and that wouldn't be a huge surprise), you may even choose to not use them.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I've been looking at this model too. I also have someone pretty interested in buying my current unit. Could I ask why you chose the lounge instead of the recliners? I've been dithering between the two.

Paula
Old 07-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Hey Paula.

We still have two kids at home, even though the oldest won't camp much with us, we still need a bed for her. At the dealer 4 adults were sitting on the lounge and all had space between them. Both DH and I can lay down at the same time. It's pretty comfortable also.

We did walk in a flying cloud that had the recliners, it was over a year ago and I remember the chairs were very nice. The L lounge just fit our needs better.

Also when we were still in research phase we found a few 2010 30 flying coulds used but they had recliners. Our dealer also said it took them awhile to sell theirs. We tossed up the idea of getting a FC and adding a lounge later if we wanted but ultimately just ordered a serenity. We needed the 2nd A/C and didn't find anything used with 2 airs.

So if you want a FC with one air and 2 recliners you have a better chance of finding them used.

Ultimately I'm super happy with what we have. If I could walk into the dealer and get anything I wanted, this is what I would choose. This will feel like a mansion after living in our 25SS, and I really liked our other AS. This ones just a dream...

Sandra.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #39
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmrcaptevil View Post
smhx4, your lounge area is still beautiful without them; in fact, I drooled over those pictures several times before I even noticed that the sconces were missing! Apparently they did not send it out the door with anything ugly (like pre-drilled holes) on the walls where the sconces should be, which was a good decision. (When I open the entry door of my expensive, cool new Airstream for the first time, I don't want to stare straight ahead at some incomplete project). More importantly, when those sconces arrive, if they are of poor quality (and that wouldn't be a huge surprise), you may even choose to not use them.
Now ya got me thinking. If they arrive before Friday then they will be installed. If not we will be staying in the AS at least a month, I'll think about not even installing them. Plus we have no idea where we will take our AS for service in TX. We will live in San Antonio but will travel to Weatherford to visit family. I know they have a service center there, or they did in 09. Any recommendations?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:32 PM   #40
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weldon Spring , Missouri
"Camper Clinic II" is located between San Antonio and Austin. I've read mixed reviews about them on this forum. Nevertheless, I wouldn't hesitate to try them, because at least they would be ALOT more familiar with Airstreams than, say, Camping World.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weldon Spring , Missouri
"Top Ten" things I like about my L-lounge (aka L-sofa):
10) more comfortable seating for more people (compared to the typical "sofa");
9) upholstered surface behind aft-facing seating serves as a built-in "sofa table";
8) gargantuan storage bin under that is easily accessed by a hinged lid;
7) huge armrest on curbside subtly accommodates small items (remote controls, etc.);
6) area beneath armrest (adjacent to entry door), easily stores 2 ZipDee chairs;
5) orientation of seating much more conducive to TV viewing than the "FB's";
4) cavernous storage (and I mean CAVERNOUS) beneath aft-facing seating area;
3) "bonus" storage (plus extra 10" length) in side-facing section of 30' models;
2) cushions easy to replace or recover when the time comes, and,
the #l thing I like about my L-lounge is:
rugged construction and a solid platform insure that it'll NEVER get as tortuous as Helen and Morty Seinfield's sleeper sofa at Del Boca Vista.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:26 PM   #42
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
Hi this is actually Amy. Your trailer is gorgeous. I cant wait to see it in person.