Old 07-23-2003, 09:10 AM   #1
Very american 4 a french
1971 27' Overlander
Cool hawaii destination...

Hi the community;

Before going to the south of FRANCE, for the first time with my old silver bullet, i prepar quietly my next holidays, for the end of this year and i project to go to ... Hawaii.

Taking the A/S is, of course, not possible, but I wondered if you went there when you decide to let the A/S at home, and what the devices you could give me.

I've ridden, our famous Andy went there for spend good times , so is it really the paradise on earth, what to see, where to go and what to be carefull ...

It 'll be certainly, the only one trip i'll do, there, so i don't want to be disappointed; From FRANCE, this cost a lot of money.
So i search the best quality price...

Thank you ,

brunoffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 04:41 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member
Aloha, Bruno! Lucky you!

All of the Hawaiian islands have their charms, but personally, I'd recommend Maui. It is like two separate islands. The west side is relatively dry, and there is a lot to see and do there. The east side of the island receives much more rain, and it is therefore very lush and tropical (like Kuaui).

On the west side, the snorkeling is terrific. Take a bike ride down the volcano (Haleakala). Lahaina is a fun town. A lot of the hotels have GREAT pools that you and your family would enjoy (for example, the Hyatt or the Marriott in Kaanapali). There's a marine preserve on the northwest side of the island that has great snorkeling (starts with an "H"--has a lot of vowels after it). You can tour a sugar cane facility, or a pineapple plantation. There's world class golf, if that's your pleasure. Macademia nut pancakes... umbrella drinks...

To the east: Take the road to Hana--just don't tow anything larger than a Bambi The Hotel Hana Maui is VERY nice. There's even a State Park campground outside of Hana, with a black sand beach. The seven sacred pools are something to see, too. Lindberg's grave is just beyond that (Like us, he was into silver things held together by rivets).

After having written all that, I guess the one thing you must see while you're in Hawaii is the active volcano on the "Big Island" (Hawaii). Not too many places in the world where you can see something like that. If you're flying in and out thru Honalulu, spend some time at Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial.

In short, you will have a great time. Maybe you can break up the trip by a stop at the "4th Annual Rocky Mtn. VAC Rally." Have fun!

63flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 04:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1992 30' Airstream 30
Santa Rosa , Northern California wine country
I've only been to Oahu, where Pearl Harbor and the Arizona are located. There is a huge American military cemetary there, but I suppose that you may have already have been to the one in Normandy. That is the only real estate that belongs to the U.S. in France. Paid for by American soldiers blood.
Wherever you go, try to take a bus tour first, then rent a car and drive can't get lost. Just turn left or right when you hit the water. Also, go to a luau...they are very fun. You get to have a picture taken with two VERY beautiful native girls. Mine is hanging in my office. (the pic, not the girl). Have a great time. Don't swim at night (sharks), and don't forget to get lei'd.
Astrodokk is offline   Reply With Quote