Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
CalamonTin

2008 30' Classic
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Grey water indicator is yellow even tho drain is open

2008, 30' Classic Limited. Full timer in Florida. After emptying the grey water tank the indicator is green. Then after a couple of hours it suddenly turns yellow. No shower, no heavy use of water. This has been happening more and more of late. I do cook frequently but am diligent about not putting garbage or grease in the sink. My Micro Pulse is only two years old. I have never experienced an overflow.

What might anyone suggest?
ProPride 3P, 1400 hitch
1974 RHD TR-6
CalamonTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Edisto Island , South Carolina
I was having a similar problem, except mine was showing full when the tank was actually empty. I tried a recalibration of just the one tank (be careful--it is a bit tricky just to select the one tank for calibration, see the manual for the procedure.) But the recalibration failed twice. I contacted tech support (catconproducts.com 817-590-8718) and spoke to Steve Barth. His conclusion was that my sensor is bad, and I am getting a replacement. He said sometimes the wiring is subject to corrosion from road spray because of the way the sensor is mounted behind the wheels on most models, but my wiring connections appeared to be OK. I'm hoping the new sensor will correct the problem when I receive it.
If you try a recalibration and it fails there is a way to get the panel to reboot into normal mode, but it is also tricky. It might be easier just to temporarily disconnect the wire to the gray sensor until you can get a replacement.
Edistobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
The grey tank can get pretty goopy. You might see if this helps.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote