Old 05-14-2005, 10:30 AM   #29
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandvm
Maybe Janet can answer that question!.........and oh, they come in shoulder length.....not elbow length
Not shoulder length - just long cuffs - want to cover my watch. Your valves are easier to get at than mine - OK - that sounds wrong too.... but... ours are a little further under the trailer than yours.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:49 AM   #30
Craftsman

I think some of you may know that there is a small but growing movement in the U.S. that embrace living a simplier lifestyle. If there is one book that I could recommend that everyone could benifit from reading it would be "Your Money Or Your Life" by Vicki Robbins.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:14 AM   #31
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
I lived in my 1970 23' Safari for about 8 months in 1987... between marriages... between everything... I have to admit that it was one of the most carefree times of my adult life... you don't buy 'stuff' 'cause you've got no place to keep it! Maintenance is limited to your few trailer systems and whatever your tow vehicle needs... laundromats are your friend! I enjoyed it immensely. There are days, now that I'm back in a 3 BR 3 BA 1600 sq.ft. ranch house with I-can't-count-how-many cars, appliances tucked everywhere, systems that need regular repairs throughout... and a half-acre yard that I really miss that lifestyle! Our home is beautiful, and I enjoy it as well... but sometimes that carefree lifestyle beckons!

Roger
Old 05-14-2005, 11:30 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Arcata , California
I've read and passed on "Your Money or Your Life". Indeed an excellent book. Highly recommend it.

And a clarification of my earlier post. We should all be aware of the choices we have in life and should try to take the choice that is most beneficial to all. I could list all I do in my life but I'll spare you. My main point is things aren't as dire as we're led to believe. And it may be scary to think of the rest of the world living our lifestyle, but that is where I am optimistic. The more people that live a free and abundant (not just material abundance) life the more we move forward with innovations to solve our problems. And why would we not want all the people of the planet to live life with the benefits we all enjoy? Who knows what the future will bring? So far Paul Ehrlcik was wrong. Hopefully his predictions will remain so. I think we will continue to be amazed by the conservation that will be made possible through technology. I don't think we have much left in us as far as how little we drive or how much food we grow. Garden because it feeds your soul as well as puts good food on your table. Keep informed and keep moving forward.

I'll end by passing on this story. A friend of mine who is one of the Greenest people I know (manages to put out a garbage can once a month for pick up whether it is full or not) was in Las Vegas for a convention. She's walking the Strip one evening and is struck with dismay as she sees a lifetime of her energy conservation flash by in one second by all the brightness of the lights.

Live your life to its fullest, Jamie
Old 05-14-2005, 12:37 PM   #33
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle
I'll end by passing on this story. A friend of mine who is one of the Greenest people I know (manages to put out a garbage can once a month for pick up whether it is full or not) was in Las Vegas for a convention. She's walking the Strip one evening and is struck with dismay as she sees a lifetime of her energy conservation flash by in one second by all the brightness of the lights.

Live your life to its fullest, Jamie
I confess that while practicing my own style of conspicuous consumption, I share Jamie's dismay. Perhaps we, as caretakers of what we have are being penny-wise and pound foolish. While I try to live my life to the fullest, I also want my descendants to be able to live theirs the same way. Our choices today directly affect what's left for the generations to come. I vote we leave them a pleasant world to enjoy as well.

Roger
Old 05-14-2005, 02:53 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
South end of a north bound cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
Unless you are in the habit of sticking your arms into the sewer pipe, why on earth would you need elbow-length gloves for camping!?
Okay, I know what they are really used for. Most dairy farms don't have a resident bull, they use artificial insemination to breed for more milk production. The south end of a north bound cow ain't attractive from across the room, and A.I. - that's just WAY too up close and personal.

Now can you guess why I quit FFA?

Got milk?

T. L.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:10 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaFord
Okay, I know what they are really used for. Most dairy farms don't have a resident bull, they use artificial insemination to breed for more milk production. The south end of a north bound cow ain't attractive from across the room, and A.I. - that's just WAY too up close and personal.

Now can you guess why I quit FFA?

Got milk?

T. L.
Paula .......you guessed it (also used for pregnancy palpation, calf deliveries, and general examination of repro tract)! And to stay on topic......what comes out of the "south end" is GREEN

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
alameda , California
We are new to the forum and this is great!! Thanks for everyone's ideas on greening the RV experience. We are looking to green the stream and live full-time off the grid as close to 100% of the time as we can. It is a pretty radical change from where we are now and it will certainly be challenging and exciting. We sold the house, bought a 2003 25 foot Safari and a 1998 dodge ram diesel truck. This is such a huge topic and there is so much to talk about. Here is what we are in the process of doing. You can follow us at Our Green RV Life - Conserve, Explore, Inspire - Home

solar power for the Airstream - 300 watts
composting toilet
rainwater harvesting
gray water filter and reuse
cork flooring, bamboo countertops, green materials inside
yamaha gas generators for back up energy
Diesel truck running on 2nd fuel tank using WVO (filtered waste vegetable oil) we get from restaurants

I would love to hear more about how others are greening their rigs and full-timing it. We are set to hit the road full-time in 4/2011.

Cece