Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2005, 07:31 PM   #1
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Going to get it!!!

I am going tonight to be there late morning around 9:00 a.m. when they open up.I am leaving tonight on a 6 hour journey to Dover,FL. Everything has been set up in the last week.Man...It is finally happening.I can not wait to see it for the first time.Wish me luck.....
If you all are wondering.It is a 2005 19' Bambi Safari.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:36 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoman
I am going tonight to be there late morning around 9:00 a.m. when they open up.I am leaving tonight on a 6 hour journey to Dover,FL. Everything has been set up in the last week.Man...It is finally happening.I can not wait to see it for the first time.Wish me luck.....
If you all are wondering.It is a 2005 19' Bambi Safari.
Make sure you take photos, we all want to see the new baby!
Old 08-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Good luck, Devoman. Exactly two months ago today, I was as excited about getting my Bambi as you are, and still am. I hope everything works out okay, and I'm sure you're going to love it.
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:48 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Congratulations, I just did the same thing Monday. I drove 5 hours to pick mine up. Mine is a 1991 31' excella classic. Take pictures! Gary
Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Thanks

I plan on taking a lot of pics.Well I gotta go and sleep a bit before taking off.I will post as soon as i can.Later.

Old 08-12-2005, 04:07 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Devo, congrats. We hope you are enjoying your new baby. I would have said so sooner, but I was out in mine last night, about 10 feet from a fantastic lake.

Send along some pics when you have a change, especially with it hooked up to your Touareg!
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:47 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Cool Still saying Whoopie!

I've had my 22ft CCD since March and I'm still somewhat euphoric. Check EVERYTHING at the dealership, and sign nothing until you've camped in it overnight. The dealer may have a hookup for you to camp on his lot while you are testing systems. If so, avail yourself of it. If not, find a campground - good luck on short notice on a weekend - near the dealership. Sleep in it, and check every single system.

Unhooking the "Sewer Solution" is a LOT less stanky and yucky than the old slinky. I actually did it "gloves off" last time. EEWUH... I do get thrilled by the oddest things since I got my A/S.

Yaba daba doo! A bad day Airstreaming is better than a good day at work!

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 12:12 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaFord
Unhooking the "Sewer Solution" is a LOT less stanky and yucky than the old slinky. I actually did it "gloves off" last time. EEWUH... I do get thrilled by the oddest things since I got my A/S
Tin Lizzie
What is the "Sewer Solution"?? We have the grey slinky thing in the holder on the underside of our 05 Bambi and would like to know if there's something better out there.

Bet you can't wait for this chore Devoman but it's still somehow part of the fun, and boy do we all feel your excitement! There's nothing better than a road trip to pick up your new Airstream...enjoy your journey home
Rhodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:24 AM   #9
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Post Wow

Ohhhh MAN,This thing is Awsome.You know i may not have gone with the upgraded version like the CCD but that is fine with me.This is the coolest thing i have ever seen.You just dont know until you actually see it in person for the first time.It has everything the standard 19' Bamb Safari has.But after i get done with some of the upgrade options...Lets just say this gonna be really fun.When i was pulling this thing down the highway.(I have a VW Touareg.)I couldnt even tell i had it on the back most of the time.Only when i hit some really good bumps would she let you know she was still hanging on.I did around 75 mph all the way home.I even got flashed by another Airstream driving the opposite direction.That was really cool...(It was a white pickup i think with a CCD about around 19' to 22'.It even had the lower area blacked out like they painted the rock guards going east on highway I-10.)Boy is this thing a looker to.Now i know how you all felt when people would just stare at the Airstream.It is a good feeling.Makes you proud to own something like this.Oil temps on the vehicle stayed in the range of 230 or less.I purchase the 600/6000 lb Equalizer.The dealer loved the set up because of it being user friendly.I had so many 18 whellers drive by me that i never even knew a few times they were beside me.Not one bit of sway or anything.No pulling to the left or right.Not even really any drag.Sometimes i even drove beside them for a while becuse of traffic but no problems whatsoever.Well...I did take a bunch of pics but i am having to check them.I dont know i f they came out that good as of yet.Oh yea...I also took some pics of the new Quicksilver Bambi.It is pretty cool little thing.
This post is a bit rough because i have to be at work and i am hurrying to type and go.I will be back with pics though hopefully.Thanks to everyone for all the help you all gave me before getting one of these and helping to be prepared for this.And also thanks for welcoming me into your community.I am now an Airstream owner.

Old 08-13-2005, 05:53 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Can't wait to see the pictures. What kind of upgrades do you plan, and where are you going on your first trip? I brought my Bambi home during the busiest time of my year, so it was three long weeks before I actually got to use it. Well, not including all the time we spent 'camping out' in the yard, which is five acres of woods. I also couldn't believe how easy it towed.
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 06:16 AM   #11
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
Thumbs down Congratulations on your acquisition ...

Devoman,

Way-to-go, we all share your excitement.

You better get your reservation in and bring that 'Bad Boy Combination' down to S.W.Fla next month so we can all see it.

Click HERE for the information. That will be an easy drive for you to a beautiful camping area.

The Forum Rally could use a new unit to admire! Besides, I want to check out that Touareg!
NORM #3305

"... there is nothing you can't fix yourself ...
... if you're handy ...
... with a check book! ..."
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 01:04 PM   #12
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Pics

Here are a few pix.

Old 08-13-2005, 01:18 PM   #13
Rivet Master

Devo, I'm so happy to hear the you are HAPPY about your new purchase. It sure look great behind your Touareg, especially with the added chrome bits (grill, step bars, Cayenne rook racks). Welcome to the family!
Old 08-13-2005, 01:33 PM   #14
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Level

The great part is that the vehicle is pretty level.I can even move it up one more notch to make it perfect but i will do this later to see how it looks.Plus the dealer said it would be ok to do this.
I have it parked at the house here for the next several days but i will be moving it to another location to be stored at.I have plans to start using it ASAP!!!!!!!!!
I will post more pics as soon as i can get to it.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:27 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Awesome, she looks great! The whole rig is Awesome. Gary
Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:35 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
1989 29' Excella
1980 28' International
Avon , Colorado
Send a message via AIM to rfield54
Hey Devoman, it's time to update your profile! A proud moment indeed.

AIR #2753

www.roybloomfield.com
rfield54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:49 PM   #17
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Thanks

You are right.I do need to update my profile.Thanks

Old 08-13-2005, 08:26 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Devo, granted you haven't towed much with it yet, but how are you liking the V6 when towing? I'm curious how it is at sea level. It's pretty good at 8100ft.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:52 PM   #19
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Towing

I liked it very much.I could not even tell i had something behind me at all until i would hit some really large dips or bumps in the road.When i looked at the instrument cluster to see the mileage i was getting it was about 13 mpg doing about 75 mph.It turned out better than i had expected.Also being that i dont have the air suspension the hitch leveled the Touareg out like it was nothing.Hit the bumps did not change the suspension stiffness either.I like pulling with the V6.It is not as bad as some people have said.It is still a strong enough vehicle.I am very pleased with what i got and i plan on getting another Touareg here soon.(When the V6 TDI comes out that is.)

Old 08-14-2005, 01:26 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Lovin' it...!

Hey Devoman -

Loving that enthusiasm you have. Enjoy that AirStream!

When you get ready for real AirStreamin' with a 34.... Call me! I can hear the emails raining in allready!

Ciao! and enjoy the AS experience.

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote