Old 03-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #29
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
I am not sure how I missed this thread the first time.
The couch in my 06 Classic 31 dinette is comfortable. It is leather. I have spelt on it more than once.
I choose this trailer layout due the the abundance of storage.
I highly suggest a dedicated bedroom for whatever you choose.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #30
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Hotel Motel

Hotels and Motels.That is one thing I honestly can say I do not miss.
The 28 footer is a great choice.Plus you will have the walk around in the bedroom.One feature we do not have but right now works very well with what we got.In return we get a larger area to move around in.
That is the size we are planning on in the future.28' or bigger but it will be several years before we will be doing this.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:37 PM   #31
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray
If you are worried about comfort, perhaps you would be better off with hotels or renting cabins. Good luck with what ever you decide!
Oh poppycock.

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 03-17-2007, 09:55 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
N.E. , Texas
Send a message via AIM to wannastream Send a message via Yahoo to wannastream
"Oh Poppycock"

Thank you Sky, I totally agree. Comfort is one of the primary reasons that gets folks into travel trailers. If no one wanted comfort we'd all just use tents at the KOA.
How I treasure every minute, being part of, being in it, with the urge to move on"
wannastream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:16 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
YES I do....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannastream
Paula (Foiled),

Am I correct in assuming that you have two late model AS trailers? A 22 and a 25? If so wow! How cool is that!

Do you (did you) like your 22 with the wet bath? Does the corner shower have less head room than the mid-ship shower on the 25?

Thanks in advance,

Bill
Bill, yes I do have two late model Airstreams. There's a lesson for the rest of you all there. Buy a bigger one than you originally think you'll want, especially if you're fulltiming! Murphy's law also states that the perfect model for you will be made one month after you buy yours. I do look at the 27 FB with lust in my heart, but it's really only two things that appeal to me more with that 2007 model. I want the bigger closet and the lobster bowl sink. Not gonna happen unless I win the lottery.

No, I'm not a millionaire but I've got a great deal on a condo campground, and exclusive of my tow vehicle costs I only spend about $4500 per year to camp including a cell phone and wireless internet. In this area a semi-decent house costs $300K and apartments are over $1K per month. Add utilities to either and jeepers, that's where you can get enough money to buy another Airtream.

My 22 CCD, the "Sparestream" is a guest house. My niece and her husband and baby will be my next visitors in May.

As to the wet bath... I actually liked it better than the current setup... though I seem to be in the minority. My reasons:
  1. How much time does one really spend in the pissoire? Less space there translates to more space elsewhere. The 22 has better closet space than the 25. I always did my makeup at the desk.
  2. Boondocking - fill sink with hot water. Wash whole body with nice hot water. Rinse. Done.
  3. Hangover - Sink makes a nice handicap grab bar to steady oneself as one arises... Flu, It might be possible to use the sink to puke WHILE seated with diarrhea...
  4. Shower size is actually roomier than 25's shower, though the ceiling might be low for really tall people
  5. Cleaning is so simple and fast. Scrubbing bubbles... rinse with handheld shower, wipe seat of toilet (you'll only forget ONCE), use paper towel to pick up hair from drain, done. In my current setup I end up wiping down the entire sink counter every time I brush my teeth. The entire inside of the wet bath is fiberglass so water spots are much less of a problem.
If you're contemplating full timing, go for the 27 FB SE especially if you want a queen bed rather than twins. The sideways bed will be a hassle for a couple especially if you need a potty break at night. The person closest to the front wall will either have to climb over his/her partner or pull the covers off and wriggle to the end of the bed to get out. You can't turn the mattress in the 25 because the top is cut to the curve of the wall.

If you fulltime, you will want to replace the mattress before too very long. It's pretty mediocre but is light weight. I put a really good innerspring in my 22 CCD with 4 corner cuts so it can be flipped, but I didn't realize the sucker would weigh nearly 100 lbs - oof! I rigged a strap to help me make it and flip it. Seriously thinking about going with a tempur-pedic when this one starts to piss me off.

Paula Ford
Old 03-17-2007, 10:20 PM   #34
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky
Oh poppycock.
Fair enough. The point I was trying to make is that at some point you have to realize that it is a camper and not a luxury spa.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:42 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
N.E. , Texas
Send a message via AIM to wannastream Send a message via Yahoo to wannastream
Only in a Newell, etc

I don't think AS ever made anything close to a luxury spa. For that we'd probably have to look at a Newell MH or similar. But that could be nice too.

We like the AS because of its history, charm, durability, and modest comfort.

We desire to have a trailer because we've had some bad experiences with motels, and we want to be able to take our babies (dogs) with us without the trouble that comes with trying to find accomodations that take pets.

Thanks,

Bill

How I treasure every minute, being part of, being in it, with the urge to move on"
wannastream is offline   Reply With Quote