Old 03-30-2004, 03:21 PM   #113
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydc
I get my Bambi TOMORROW!! Maybe then I'll be able to get off this site! I'm addicted.
To quote the BORG. "Resistance is futile". Just because you take delivery of your new coach you think our grip on you will lessen. That is the just the latest symptom of the addiction, thinking you can beat it!

With my Carnac hat on I predict that delivery of your coach will only lead to new and interesting questions, requiring more time on the site and many trips to Camping World.

WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 03:21 PM   #114
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I was just going to post about the similar thread thing too having just found it...way neat!

Old 03-30-2004, 03:21 PM   #115
4 Rivet Member

Rivet

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydc
I can spend hours trolling through the pictures. I get my Bambi TOMORROW!! Maybe then I'll be able to get off this site! I'm adicted.
I dunno... we all would like to see pictures! You may be here even more? At least between outings?
Congrats!
Old 03-30-2004, 04:13 PM   #116
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Congrats Paul!

I just love hearing that an Airstreamer is picking up a new one. What excitement! What joy! It is the best of life. Enjoy!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:17 PM   #117
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaShep
I dunno... we all would like to see pictures! You may be here even more? At least between outings?
Congrats!
Speaking of pictures, I tried to do a photo search by username, and it didn't seem to work. I wanted to look at the pictures Markus posted about a trailer someone is parting out. Also, I've been gone for a week, so I wanted to catch up on the new photos posted since I've been gone, and there are a smattering of them that were posted 2 years ago. The photo forum is monstrously huge, and the fact that it works all is a huge compliment to Andy, I couldn't believe that there were over 3 pages of new pictures!
One more little problem I had was that opening a new forum window from the Home page messed up my margins (suddenly I had a side scroll bar at the bottom of the page). At first I thought someone had posted a really long web address, but that wasn't the case. However, reloading the window seem to cure it.

The Pictures are one of my favorites, too. When we (finally) get our Safari on Monday, I'll be posting pictures and making an avatar, so leave some room on the server for me, please!

Since I'm new to these forums, I don't need to relearn how to navigate them, but I did notice that the karma rating is gone, No one else has mentioned it, am I missing something? Is it gone or just in a new form? Frankly, I'm not so keen on the idea, but I am curious. Speaking of learning, why weren't the quotes nested in my post? Luckydc's quote should have been inside MaShep's.Do I need to change something in my setup?
Old 03-30-2004, 05:18 PM   #118
4 Rivet Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpalms
One more little problem I had was that opening a new forum window from the Home page messed up my margins~~~~~~

Since I'm new to these forums, I don't need to relearn how to navigate them, but I did notice that the karma rating is gone, No one else has mentioned it, am I missing something? Is it gone or just in a new form? Frankly, I'm not so keen on the idea, but I am curious.

MtPalms the Karma is coming back according to OrganicAndy in a prev. post. I did mention it (hoped to never see it again)
And I think even the former "King o' Karma" agreed it should go. But alas it will return . gotta have sumthin for the kids you know!

As for the resolution or screen size or margin stuff, it has been mentioned but not solved that I am aware, that is a real inconvenience on my 15 inch monitor. Guess someone thinks we all need 27inch plasma monitors or such Something has changed it seems but I havent figured out how to resize yet.
Actually everything is going to turn out fine I think, even I have gotten used to some of the newness and Andy is returning much to near previous standards or should I say styles. Not sure custom Avatars are back yet or even if they will come back.

No one (I have noticed anyway) has mentioned the previous search "roster" that showed the last 10 or so searches, Is this gone forever?
It generated some pleasant browsing, plus you could interupt a search and come back within an hour or so and still find the link to your previous search.
Not life or death, but a good research tool. Hope it is still available one day.

Old 03-30-2004, 06:01 PM   #119
3 Rivet Member

Richmond , Virginia
My new coach IS gonna be the best! My first trip is to a WBCCI "maintenance" rally. Perfect timing. I'll have lots to learn! It is sponsored by the DELMARVA chapter in Region 2. These people have been the GREATEST about following up on my inquirie on their chapter, unlike the other two chapters I sent e-mails to. Can't wait.

I'll say it one more time. The people on this site have been the BEST about answering all my questions. I am ready to take care of and enjoy my new coach. Pictures will be up this weekend!

WBCCI #2468
2006 Ford F-150 Lariart 4X4
2004 19' Bambi Safari LS
luckydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:44 PM   #120
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Hey Andy...it's looking great. You must be working your butt off, because every time I log onto the forum I see more updates and changes. You're getting all our favorite little thingies back for us.

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2004, 06:57 PM   #121
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
andy

a minor request, can we get a "reply" tab on the private messages? forward and delete are there but no reply.

thanks

john
Old 03-30-2004, 06:57 PM   #122
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco
[/b][/size]

....As for the resolution or screen size or margin stuff, it has been mentioned but not solved that I am aware, that is a real inconvenience on my 15 inch monitor. Guess someone thinks we all need 27inch plasma monitors or such Something has changed it seems but I havent figured out how to resize yet.
Well, the pages seem to load correctly in Explorer (although the pages in Explorer loaded slowly for me). Hitting the reload ('refresh' in Explorer) button (or, under 'View' in the menu bar, 'Reload Page') in Safari to redraw the page, seems to fix it for me. Try it in whatever browser you are using.

Before that, I tried reducing the font size to teeny tiny, and the type shrank, but the scrolling issue remained. I have a 15" PowerBook.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:20 PM   #123
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Happiness is. . .rivets back! A question--the green or blue spheres and the red triangles at the bottom of posts--were these a feature before that I never noticed? (Non-techy newbies take awhile, you know!) Is this secret code? What do these represent? It's probably so obvious I'm stumbling over the answer. Okay--so I'm not ashamed to show what an "idjit" I am! Another question--how do you attach the standard information, quotes, and so on that I see following the posts of some members? I've searched through FAQS and CP's but I haven't found the information. Thanks for explanations!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:25 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
See why I need help? Can someone rescue me and take out all the [FONT. . .] junk I got on my post by trying to create on my own? Good grief! Why didn't my "signature" turn out in the font, size, and color I tried to establish???????????? Thanks. Of course, when I send this post, all that "stuff" will still be there. ARGHHHH!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:25 PM   #125
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by john hd
can we get a "reply" tab on the private messages? forward and delete are there but no reply.
John,

If you hit the quote button in the PM system it works like the old reply button.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:28 PM   #126
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
MaxandGeorgia,
the little green spot or gray as the case maybe, indicates that the person in question is on line, the kewl looking warning sign is too report the post to a moderator. A lot of the new features can be checked out by mousing over or clicking on, go ahead and try it...you won't break it and you might just like it.

Aaron

WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote