Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2004, 10:21 AM   #41

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Oh yeah, I like that! Cool feature! Thanks!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:22 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Still settling in. I miss the "Home" button. The screen is there when you first come to the site but you can't get back once you reply.

Othewise I like it so far.

Thanks for al lthe hard work Andy!
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:51 AM   #43
4 Rivet Member

Rivet

Hi Andy:
1. Would be good to have a quick reply to private messages. I see a way to quote and forward only.
2. I keep needing to adjust the type size for pages. Seems the font size for posts are quite large? What if the quotes were displayed in a much smaller font?
3. Looking at the user cp, there are lots of new features, but I don't see a way to change my custom avatar? Maybe I've missed the buttons, I'll keep looking around.
Thanks!
Old 03-29-2004, 11:01 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Moe wrote:
5. There is no link to the Home page on any page except the Home page

Brett replied:
There is a home button on the bottom of the page. I think it should be at the top too along with just a forum button like we had before.

Thanks, Brett! I see it now.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:05 AM   #45
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Another bug:

When using the site as a guest (not logged in) the "todays posts" tab returns all the posts for the last day or so but.....
When you log in and click "new posts" you get only the posts that are new since the last time you logged on.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:20 AM   #46
nds
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
The drop down menu has a "who's on line" option. You can watch others surfing habits - interesting.
Drop down menu? Who's online option? I don't see any of this.
nds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:48 AM   #47

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Hey, under the avatar it doesn't say what kind of trailer we have anymore. I liked having that there. Otherwise I'll move it to my sig so folks always know what kind of rig I'm talking about.

Great job Andy, thanks for all your hard work! I'm seeing a lot I like in the new setup.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:51 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
I also would rather see the last one to post rather than the originater of a thread. Both would be a good addition.
Bob,
silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:57 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Love this NEW email notification!

It gives me the posted article in the email notification so I don't have to click on a link and go to the web page to read it. S W E E T ! (like some of the other forums I subscribe too).
Old 03-29-2004, 12:17 PM   #50
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
I also like the on line buddies box on the home page. I like it. I do not have to look for them in the currently on line mix this way.

The more I surf the site the more I like it!
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:31 PM   #51
4 Rivet Member

Thumbs down

OK Andy I know how few will dare tell you what they really think, so I will volunteer to be the bearer of bad news. !

So far I say it is a well intentioned gift that just doesn't fit.
Or to put it another way this is an ABOMINATION... Just a joke, tell the Moderators to relax.

My few attemps at search are much more time consuming now. I hope to heaven that the old thread numbers that I have been dutifully copying down into a journal for a year now are still valid. It seems that every computer screen change move on the site takes a longer time than before, i.e. the flow has been greatly slowed and interupted, but maybe there are shortcuts I have overlooked , (however I don't think so). I spend way too much time on-line now, Your changes may drive me to go work on the trailer more.
Hey maybe that was the whole idea!

Let me ask you this just out of curiosity (or maybe wishful thinking)..Could you put it back like it was if you were so inclined??

The last 25 is totally ruined (it is now down to 21). I recall when it was the last 30 and I would have liked the last 50. But as prev mentioned the inability to see who last posted is the main glitch there.This we can all get used to I am sure, but will they??? I am not sure this site is more member friendly or user friendly now.

You have been much praised for what you have done for the Airstream owner and wanters community. Rightfully so. Let me add my appreciation.
I would and will pay between 1-100 yearly dollars for the pleasure of using this forum I have read others offer to pay and in some old thread you declined such wanting to keep it free. You are the boss, but it would have avoided the ads, which I assure you I will seldom or never visit.

Many of the users here are very "make do" types and we will make do with what we have.
But all of this progress begs the question....What was the purpose of the change over? Will it give us greater capacity to do something? Were we running out of room of some sort?

Not knowing you except from the posts you place here, I don't know how this type of candor is recieved, I hope you take it in the spirit it was meant. No malice, no gripes...you built it and many have come...I plan to stay, It was and I hope can remain a 'Forum of Dreams'. Thanks.

Now don't get me wrong there are some ..er.. things... that I wish would just disappear back into the cornrows though.

jaco
jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:32 PM   #52
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
New and highly cool....

You can control which posts in a thread you see first - oldest or newest. To change yours - go to "user CP" select "edit options" amd then "thread display options".

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool! J.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 02:10 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
OK Andy I know how few will dare tell you what they really think, so I will volunteer to be the bearer of bad news. ! --Jaco

Lest you get it any further into your rigid skull that you are the only person who dares speak the dark truth, my dear, let me tell you what I really think: Anything that makes this site more difficult for you to navigate is OK by me. Put down the huge cross of having to speak for all of us (or those of us who are sitting around wringing our hands & fearful of Andy's great wrath) and pick up a small banner that says "This is my opinion."

Here's more of what I really think, and I will volunteer to be the bearer of my own opinion: It WOULD be a great thing if Andy would just put things back the way they were--on a parallel forum for one.

If you EVER again doubt that I can say in plain language what I really think, sweetie, you just ask. I have lots more to say & could start with widespread misuse of the phrase "begs the question." While this expression is a subtle & elusive use of the English language, it is NOT synonymous with "this situation makes me want to ask..."
summerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 02:12 PM   #54
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
chat?

andy,

any chance the chat will be back up by tuesday?

just need to know if i need to stock up on beer or not!

john
Old 03-29-2004, 02:44 PM   #55
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
I'm not sure what the difference between "post quick reply" and "go Advanced". Being type A, I use quick!
silver suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:32 PM   #56
2 Rivet Member

I also liked the option ,that after reading someones post, to quickly hit there photo button to looky what "stream" they are a sportin!!

mark
markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:57 PM   #57
Rivet Master

I see that a lot of people were (are?) using features I know nothing about. I used only one: "Last 24 Hours" or "New Today", which appeared to have been the same thing. It appears that if you are logged in, you can no longer see the "Last 24 hours", just "new posts", which is not the same thing. I would like to be able to see the posts from the last 24 hours, whether logged in or not.

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 04:04 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Kewl Trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahosafari
I have a 1280 pixel wide computer, but the new forum is seems to be designed for 800 pixel wide monitors. So I have two inches of "wasted real estate" on each side of the web page. The old forum was adjustable. Can we make this one adjustable too?

- Charlie
Charlie & etc,
The fix for full screen viewing is so very simple..
Go to "Thread Tools" at the top and, click on Show Printable Version"..
Voila~!~

ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:47 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Okay, I've been roaming-through the posts and through the features on the upgrade. First, thanks, Andy-whatever we all say for pros and cons, ultimately we need to thank you for providing this always informative and ever interesting forum for Airstreamers. (Hey, my DH and I can finally call ourselves that now!!) Like others, I miss those silly rivets and I really miss the "last 24 hours" feature-the one I always used. Wow, 53 FC--I followed your instructions and voila, indeed! The page sprang up to fill the whole screen. I jumped! One creepy feature--I went to Quick Links, down to Who's On Line and found everyone listed on line, including WHERE they currently were in the forum. I don't if I like that or not--it made me feel like crowds of people were peeking in my window. Then again, I guess I can join in on the window peeking and see what everyone else is reading! Anyway, we're all "Forum family" anyway! I am finding lots to explore and learn about in this new context.
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:53 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Okay, again! I REALLY miss the "last 24 hours" feature! How are you all accessing the current list of posted messages? When I click on new posts, all I get are two or three since my own last post. PLEASE, Andy, restore the "last 24 hours" or someone please tell me what I need to do to locate such listing. Is it there or can we find it?
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote