Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2010, 06:22 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
addictive, soup2nuts, one stop surfing for all things Airstream!
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #22
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
So much help is given here no matter what the subject. You have a great site and community!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:38 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1976 25' Tradewind
. , Maine to Arizona
Let Me Count The Ways

Let's see, I lost weight, the sex life is a lot better, my skin, eyes and teeth are all healthy and glowing......

.....No wrong forum......

I am broke, spent all my money on that damn Airstream, my wife left me and the kids for a Harley Critter ...

But other than that, this site is the top of my list. when I feel a little down it is time to think Airstreams and browse the Portal to see what is up. Then, on to subscribed threads to check up on restorations threads of interest and then real fantasy time.....the Classifieds,... got to be a deal there somewhere nearby and really affordable.....

Yup, now all I need is a job....
fastrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Best place I have found on the internet for AS related info and advice.

I started checking it before buying our AS and still check it daily now that we are AS owners. Have learned a great deal from the many helpful folks here.

Many thanks for making it available.

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Owings Mills , MD
The forum is very useful, particularly to someone doing a renovation. I trust you're looking for more than a simple affirmation, however, and want some constructive feedback. I think the search function could be better. The visual appearance is familiar, but a bit cluttered. I'd like the "moderation philosophy" to be more transparent. The blog feature could be a great asset, but it seems underutilized... though I'm not sure why. Menu customization might be a nice option, particularly for those of us who just never hit some buttons.

As they say, Andy, anything worth doing is worth doing better.
hampstead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
I love this forum and don't visiting any other - I started on a yahoo group, but it doesn't compare to this. I have found info here that I never would have found anywhere else and everyone I've met through here has been great. It added a new element to our lives that we didn't even know we were missing and now I can't go more than a day or so without .

As for improvements...
-could the quick links box on the left be customized by each member?
-will the member map work again? I keep hoping. Maybe in relationship to this map is could there be a "rally" map with all the rallies marked on it and one could click on a state or the mark to see what could be going on there?
-is there a way to look up members by state? I thought there was, but that was a long time ago and recently when I wanted to find someone, I tried and couldn't. Anyway, I'd love to see that feature. (Maybe it was tied in with that member map...)

Thanks Andy and Moderators for all you do!!!
oh2bcarefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Could not be doing what I am without it.
SilverHoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #28
_

. , .
hopefully those reply'n realize this thread was last used in 2003...

before post #18 yesterday.

i'm sure feedback is still helpful and there are a lot of thread soliciting input over the years,

check the announcements, community polls, feedback sub forums...

here for example is a poll also going back to 2003 but STILL in regular use/update mode...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f232...ream-5043.html

there have also been specific exchanges on...

rules/content/new sub forums/organizational tweaks, the search, frequency of use, and so on...

often what is available in the current version of vBULLETIN drives feature tweaks,

along with crazy ideas from us !

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
This is an old thread, but I wasn't here when it started, so I will kick in my 2 cents.

This site has been invaluable in learning about our new to us Airstream. It came without a manual, so almost all of our knowledge came via this site and those who participate in it.

Thank you, Andy for sticking with it these past 7 years (since you started this particular thread anyway)
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #30
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
hopefully those reply'n realize this thread was last used in 2003...

before post #18 yesterday.
Sometimes it's just nice to say we like it and thank you!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Portland , Oregon
As a relative newcomer, I have found this site to be incredibly helpful, especially in connecting me with the information and support to make an intelligent purchase.

One thing I have noticed: there is a steady stream of new members who are considering making a purchase, and in their introductory posts, they often solicit specific recommendations (I was one of these folks). So much of the info they are looking for is available if some time is spent working with the search engine, but it would be great to have a specific place to direct them where some basic guidelines around value, common issues, etc would be compiled. Otherwise I feel like the newbies end up relying on the generosity of some of our most committed forum members to repeat themselves over and over!

Thank you so much, Andy and others, for such a great forum!
CarrieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Archer , Florida
Absolutely wonderful- it is partly responsible for why we chose an airstream! I check it daily( well, maybe 3-10 times daily)- does that make me an addict? The community spirit that comes through this forum is Awesome!!
Flying Gypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #33
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieSue View Post
Otherwise I feel like the newbies end up relying on the generosity of some of our most committed forum members to repeat themselves over and over!
All forum sites take some experience in navigating and your comment, while well-intended, does not help someone who needs help NOW! I for one, have no problem responding to a thread or a post, though redundant it may seem.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Penokee , Kansas
Knew from the start I wanted an Airstream 40 years ago. With the help of this site and its wonderful people with hands on wisdom here I was able to find and buy our 72 Overlander at a fair price and knew what I was getting into before hand,, It took me 5 years but got it done. Thanks,, Andy for the search engine that works,, the over all good feeling from all and the future of this group all working together to keep one mans dream alive..

With a heads up about InLandRv sale on Axles just the other day I made a call to them today and have a new pair heading my way with a price savings of over $300.. Don't need them on right away but a long term hedge on supply and inflation,. I will be due for all new hubs/drums/shoes after this season anyway and that alone costs $250.. So feel money ahead down the road.

Later I want to add a gray water tank so got heaver axles from 2800 lbs to 3200 lbs... Now I will have a cushion factor when I add another 600 lbs to the what I named " The Time Machine".. Now how do I pull the belly pans off to get that new holding tank in place.. ???????

By the way,, I don't throw money around,, and for me to make my donation to support this site should say it all..

Sodbust

20mpg empty, 14 mpg with 27' Overlander.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Sodbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #35
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
I, too, greatly enjoy this forum and all of the generous people who share their knowledge with those of us who are full of questions.

One of the "filters" I use in evaluating a brand as a possible full-time coach for us is the owners' forum. I look at how active it is, how polite the members are, and how involved the owners are in caring for their coaches. So far I've found three brand-specific forums that satisfy me. This is one.

Does that mean that an Airstream will be our full-time coach? Too soon to tell, but if this forum wasn't here, an Airstream would not be our full-time coach. 'Nuff said.
1993 Foretravel U300 (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Classic
Smithville , New Jersey
I like it!

I know this is an old thread but I really want the powers that be, or anyone interested enough to read this to know that looking at the Airstream Forums is one of the bright spots in my day, thank you!
monkeypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Forum feedback

Andy, I am a member of a few forums but have neglected them when I bought my AS and discovered this one. It is at times informative, friendly, opinionated, colorful, funny. I could go on and on. I have been at times on a few threads gotten quite off topic in a good (I hope) way bringing some humor. I feel like this is a community I can invest some time in and hopefully make some new friends, gain information, give information and sometimes just horse around.
I plan on being an active member. Good job as administrator, and the moderators do a good job as well and a few times I thought I was going to be stopped.
Kindest regards,
Dan
Old 04-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #38
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Andy - consider a section called 'Airstreams for Dummies' ..people like myself, who are not as inclined to know terms and weights right off the bat, but who can learn gradually about towing and such.
I love the portal which is always whirling away with activity. And the instant email notifier is great because you can get four to five replies within an hour concerning anything.