Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community

Old 02-21-2003, 09:21 AM   #15
Aluminum Condo III
2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan

I am finding this site most useful. We are in the final throws of deciding on buying a 25C. I have received very useful feedback from many members of this group.

I belong to the Yahoo group run by "Hunter" and am finding that the discussion threads are more around Internet access and Phones on the road with little to do about Airstreams.

I find I spend more time on this forum now.

Thanks for the good work

kamadeca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 09:59 AM   #16
Rivet Master
Yorkshire , England
The tops...

Hi all...
...Well, as I do NOT own a AIRSTREAM...I don't think I should realy have a say...but I'm going to...
...it's ACE.... simply because it's the BEST...Chris.....

It's NICE 2B Important...but it's more Important 2B NICE...Chris.....
canny_banjo_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 10:31 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member
1962 16' Bambi
1966 26' Overlander
sioux falls , so. dak.
forums in the...

...morning, evening, and dinner-time!

I haven't had much time lately to write-in, however both Pete and I reference this site frequently for anything Airstream, it is the premier site in my lil' ole opinion. Hey Andy--thanks, a million Airstream miles over.

carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
1970 23' Safari
Columbia Falls , Montana
This site is an addiction. Love, love, love it. (Which is why it is my home page) My only suggestion for improvement would be to make it moble friendly ... perhaps a mobile version for us avid smart phone users so our old eyes don't have to work so hard.

MTsafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #19
Rivet Master
1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
It is a great place to learn important input about just about everything!!!!
AIR-Quarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:33 AM   #20

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Thumbs up

When I first started looking for an Aistream I was a bit lost to say the least. In Kansas City the closest dealers were St Louis, Chicago and Denver. I went to Chicago and St Louis and they only had new units (way out of my price range) and the salesmen were nice but couldn't answer my questions I had about filform, insulation, towing etc. It was "they are the best trailer, easy to tow, and hold their value etc. I had one dealer swear I could toe a 23 ft international with my Acura! It was all about the sale. Then I found Air! What a learning experiance and tons of great people! Not only did I find a very lightly used 2006 19ft CCD on the classifieds but also my inspector, hitch set up, maintaince, where to camp, and new slip covers (had pea green yuk) and some great people. Without this site I was totally lost and now each day I learn something new, laugh and have been able to help where I can.

I had a VW TDI and I thought it was the best forum but now it's a close second! Keep up the good work and I will be on here several times a day! Were all a bit addicted!

Thanks again.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:22 AM   #21
Rivet Master
2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
addictive, soup2nuts, one stop surfing for all things Airstream!
2012 F150 Super Crew 5-1/2' bed Ecoboost 4x4 3.73 elec. lock diff. Propride hitch
give life. kidney & pancreas transplant 9/9/06
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #22
Certainly Blessed
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
So much help is given here no matter what the subject. You have a great site and community!

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:38 AM   #23
Rivet Master
1976 25' Tradewind
. , AZ to Maine
Let Me Count The Ways

Let's see, I lost weight, the sex life is a lot better, my skin, eyes and teeth are all healthy and glowing......

.....No wrong forum......

I am broke, spent all my money on that damn Airstream, my wife left me and the kids for a Harley Critter ...

But other than that, this site is the top of my list. when I feel a little down it is time to think Airstreams and browse the Portal to see what is up. Then, on to subscribed threads to check up on restorations threads of interest and then real fantasy time.....the Classifieds,... got to be a deal there somewhere nearby and really affordable.....

Yup, now all I need is a job....
"Talk is cheap, Airstreams are expensive," Wally Byam.
fastrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #24
Rivet Master
2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Best place I have found on the internet for AS related info and advice.

I started checking it before buying our AS and still check it daily now that we are AS owners. Have learned a great deal from the many helpful folks here.

Many thanks for making it available.

Brian & Connie Mitchell

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #25
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
Upperco , Maryland
The forum is very useful, particularly to someone doing a renovation. I trust you're looking for more than a simple affirmation, however, and want some constructive feedback. I think the search function could be better. The visual appearance is familiar, but a bit cluttered. I'd like the "moderation philosophy" to be more transparent. The blog feature could be a great asset, but it seems underutilized... though I'm not sure why. Menu customization might be a nice option, particularly for those of us who just never hit some buttons.

As they say, Andy, anything worth doing is worth doing better.
hampstead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
House Springs , Missouri
I love this forum and don't visiting any other - I started on a yahoo group, but it doesn't compare to this. I have found info here that I never would have found anywhere else and everyone I've met through here has been great. It added a new element to our lives that we didn't even know we were missing and now I can't go more than a day or so without .

As for improvements...
-could the quick links box on the left be customized by each member?
-will the member map work again? I keep hoping. Maybe in relationship to this map is could there be a "rally" map with all the rallies marked on it and one could click on a state or the mark to see what could be going on there?
-is there a way to look up members by state? I thought there was, but that was a long time ago and recently when I wanted to find someone, I tried and couldn't. Anyway, I'd love to see that feature. (Maybe it was tied in with that member map...)

Thanks Andy and Moderators for all you do!!!
oh2bcarefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Could not be doing what I am without it.
SilverHoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #28
. , .
hopefully those reply'n realize this thread was last used in 2003...

before post #18 yesterday.

i'm sure feedback is still helpful and there are a lot of thread soliciting input over the years,

check the announcements, community polls, feedback sub forums...

here for example is a poll also going back to 2003 but STILL in regular use/update mode...

there have also been specific exchanges on...

rules/content/new sub forums/organizational tweaks, the search, frequency of use, and so on...

often what is available in the current version of vBULLETIN drives feature tweaks,

along with crazy ideas from us !

all of the true things that i am about to tell you are shameless lies. l.b.j.

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote