Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Foley RV - Gulfport MS - Review

So I told the folks I dealt with at Foley that they could expect me to give an honest review of their service....and I am here to do so.

I am happy to do this at this point because there are so few online really....

Regarding discussing price and terms, they were very agreeable and had a good attitude...this is not always the case.

First they responded to my initial email requests promptly and quickly giving me a breakdown in price as I required and that price was held all the way to the end of the deal. A couple other dealers did provide me with a quick and decent price breakdown/best offer...a number drug their feet and/or required mucho phone conversation....blah blah blah...car salesman haggling type stuff....turn off....

After the deposit we made several tweaks to our order for which they made changes....we wanted the EB tires...we haggled a tad on price there, but they came through in talking with airstream to get that done...

Emails with them were always prompt and they (Ron and Claude Ann) were always quick to answer various questions I had along the way.

At pickup, the unit was clean, we did the walkthrough with Claude Ann, and she was very informative and gave us several tips about the unit and about camping that were useful...only thing she was surprised to find out about was the macerator toilet....this is critical for them to know about as these folks are used to talking about putting ice down the head to clean the black tank......probably a very bad idea with the macerator toilet....she advised me on getting spare fuses (particularly the jack), spare key blanks for spares, and various other nuances....it was a helpful walkthrough, although I doubt any walkthrough would be sufficient for a newbie to using these things.

Claude Ann even gave us her cell phone to call 8am-10pm 7 days a week with any questions...now that is some good service right there!!

The hitch looked to be intalled fine...I texted shots of install to sean who said it looked fine...oh, except for that initial mess up...when the folks initially hooked up the chains they routed around the WD bars...I noticed it, and was like "now wait a minute"...service guy was like "no, I think that is right"...but he asked me to double check..I did, and confirmed the correct way...bullet dodged there I think...that could cause some serious damage perhaps...after fixing that he drove and set the brakes...he had never set brakes with the PP hitch...it had the bump at low speed hard stop...im still trying to figure that out...my wife was kinda car sick during this trip and screamed at me when I wanted to fiddle with the brakes...I decided not to burdon the service folks about "the bump" and just adjust it myself....not sure if that was the best call...I think I can fiddle with the controller and get better results before my next trip...it would only bump at very low speed hard stop...hard application of break at moderate or higher speed it stayed straight back there and no bump...i need to fiddle with it.

They let us stay at dealer, gave us access so we can go out and eat that night (ate at "blowfly inn" - I highly recommend). and next day we got everything ready, they gave me some essentials that I lacked, I wanted a regular slinky sewer hose, a fresh water hose, and a 30-15 amp plug, these were provided at no cost to me...and Claude Ann gave us both a complimentary airstream gift..ill photograph them later tonight and post...mine was an insulated clear cup, my wife got a white AS hat - it had a bottle opener under the lid, pretty neat

They helped us take photos before we left and we also met rick foley who was very pleasant.

I have not yet had to deal with their service folks, so could not speak to their competency in that department....although they need to be sure to put on chains correctly and inform new owners of PP hitches about the proper way to route chains (although new owners should read the manual themselves as well!)

Overall, we were very satisfied with the service at Foley from the buying process, the walkthrough, closing, personalities, responsive to calls, messages, and emails...good folks I think....no one is perfect...I think anyone going to make this kind of purchase needs to consider themselves ULTIMATELY responsible for understanding the systems as best they can...read the manuals, etc...

We are Happy Campers! Thanks to the good folks at Foley...and I am sure they will constructively respond to any issues that came up that I pointed out.

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
That's funny that you recommend the Blowfly Inn-
After seeing a spot about it on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives several years ago we tried it-
I guess I really don't care for seafood- but we did have a good shrimp po-boy this time at a restaurant called Snapper's right down on the beach-
I'm sure that was their first Pro-Pride-
You will see them all again at Canopener-
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I am glad your experience was a positive one. Very straight up folks starting at the top with Rick.
I can remember when the Blow Fly was a true dive, one of the best on the coast. It was a hang out for back bay fisherman and bikers. They were famous for their good food with the plastic Blow Fly on the plate, cold beer and the poker room in the back. They have become respectable as the years moved on. They still have excellent food and people now bring their families to eat.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Good to hear all went well at Foley RV, but not surprised.

They are nice people and genuinely interested in developing and maintaining good customer relationships.

Maggie
Old 11-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
There goes the neighborhood. Nothing better than a good "DIVE". I haven't yet found one with low enough class for me to go back. But I enjoy the lookin.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
...it had the bump at low speed hard stop...im still trying to figure that out...my wife was kinda car sick during this trip and screamed at me when I wanted to fiddle with the brakes...i need to fiddle with it.
Wife's don't like bumps. The most often 3 words my wife says, "What was that". I answer with the most often 3 words I use, "What was what". "that noise, bump scraping sound" etc. "Oh it was nothing, look at that mountain over there", Keep your eyes on the road, I heard it again." Once I stop answering her she finally stops asking. Have fun with the new digs.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Wonderful news and review. I hope you can come and join in some of the activities with the Southeastern Camping Unit. We have something going on pretty much at least once a month.
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #8

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We just picked up our 23FB that we bought at Foley. I agree that they are good and competent folks.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Southeastern camping unit?
Is that your local WBCCI unit?
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 11-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Fairhope , Alabama
Foley RV

First class dealership all the way. Super nice folks to deal with who will go out of their way for their customers.
Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
Wonderful news and review. I hope you can come and join in some of the activities with the Southeastern Camping Unit. We have something going on pretty much at least once a month.
Info? Website ? Schedule?

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Southeastern Camping Unit sounds real official...like military or something...
Hello, I'm Colonel Campsalot of the Southeastern Camping Unit...
Or like a penal farm...I'm doing time at the Southeastern Camping Unit...
LOL...
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 11-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Fairhope , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
Southeastern Camping Unit sounds real official...like military or something...
Hello, I'm Colonel Campsalot of the Southeastern Camping Unit...
Or like a penal farm...I'm doing time at the Southeastern Camping Unit...
LOL...
You will probably be meeting quite a few members of the newly formed Southeastern Camping Unit at Canopener. Might want to reserve opinions.
Basically for Airstreamers who love to CAMP; but who may not have time to do long caravans.

Look forward to meeting you!
Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, great report on your dealer. As for the Propride install, I don't know of any hitch where you would put the safety chains on the outside of the spring bars.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:07 AM   #15
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumitater View Post
Basically for Airstreamers who love to CAMP; but who may not have time to do long caravans.
If only they weren't in the Carolinas! Kind of far for me to travel from New Orleans, at least while I'm still working for a living. I'll have to keep them in mind for after I retire, though. What are the dues for an auxiliary member?
Old 11-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumitater View Post

You will probably be meeting quite a few members of the newly formed Southeastern Camping Unit at Canopener. Might want to reserve opinions.

Look forward to meeting you!
Is the Southeastern Camping Unit affiliated with WBCCI?
Or is it a separate entity?
I meant no harm by my comments- it was funny to me if it wasn't to anyone else- anything that makes me laugh out loud- I still think it's funny-
I am in the category of loves to camp but doesn't have time to caravan- weekend warrior and about 3 rallies a year is what we do-
Or is the Southeastern Camping Unit an Airstream only club?
We attend other rallies of all makes and models (read- the ONLY Airstream...)
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 11-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #17
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Is this them? Southeastern Camping Unit (012) | Moving WBCCI Forward!
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Southeastern Camping Unit

PharmGeek -

In response to your request for additional information about the new Southeastern Camping Unit I've provided some links below. The new unit is part of the WBCCI. It draws its membership from across the southeast. Rallies are also held across the southeast as you will see when clicking on the event link. The members enjoy camping in state parks, national parks, and natural areas. Members also participate in independent rallies in the region like Canopener, Alumaflamingo, and Alumalina. The focus is enjoying camping, not organization and process. Communication is via internet, not formal meetings.

Here is a link to the Southeastern Camping Unit website: Southeastern Camping Unit (012) | Moving WBCCI Forward!

Here is a link to the unit's first newsletter: http://secamping.wbcci.net/files/200...Times_Vol1.pdf

Here is a link to the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/356410487826457/

Here is a link to upcoming events: Unit Event Information | Southeastern Camping Unit (012)

As Alumitater indicated, many unit members will be at Canopener. Chat with us at Canopener and then join us at one of our 2014 events.
WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote