Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-21-2003, 09:20 AM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Flying J Travel Plaza Info

Planning for my trip to the Airstream Homecoming and I went to update my Flying J information and found that they now have a very nice printable PDF file with a full-page map and a 4 page listing of Travel Plazas and theit amenities. It is in a much nicer form than the old Flying J info sheet. Just search of Flying J.

Looks like I can overnight at at least 3 and probably 4 Flying Js on my trip.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:57 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Thanks, John. I need an updated list myself --- we use Flying J while on the road all the time. No hassle, can have a nice meal, and get back on the road.

Truck/engine noise is music to my ears; easy sleeping. Only once did I have a problem - dude next to us had a Refer trailer and no muffler on the chiller engine!! Would re-start every 20 minutes, run for 3-4 minutes and shut off. Not much rest that night. He did leave early in the AM, so got my shut-eye ok!!

don
Old 07-21-2003, 11:04 AM   #3
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Don in E Texas
Truck/engine noise is music to my ears; easy sleeping. Only once did I have a problem - dude next to us had a Refer trailer and no muffler on the chiller engine!! Would re-start every 20 minutes, run for 3-4 minutes and shut off. Not much rest that night. He did leave early in the AM, so got my shut-eye ok!!

don
Sounds like a night I spent once where diesel fumes kept kicking off my propane detector.

In moderate weather, I always stay at Flying J when I can. After a long day of driving, I don't mind truck noise, bright lights, or "Shower number 46 is now ready, Shower number 46 is now ready". I always feel safe at Flying Js and I make a point of eating there and filling up my tank in return for theuir hospitality.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote