Old 06-09-2004, 03:11 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
That is more than I want to pay, that converts to 81264.00 Canadian. Have to look at something else if I go to a diesel.

WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 03:33 PM   #16
Arr, we captain our ship!

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Yep, they are expensive... I recall the gas Touareg's in Canada were in the 7x,xxx range CDN.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:27 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
X ray that is one fine set up!! All our best.

Just out of curiosity where did the 3 pups sleep...?

Our husky took possession of the den space under the dinette and is incredibly happy there but our shepard has yet to settle. No matter where I place her bed she'll pull it to a different area each time!
Old 06-09-2004, 06:27 PM   #18
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
X, I am glad to see I was wrong about the towing cap. of the Toureg. Please keep us up-to-date of future trips, and any towing-related issues you experience (good exp.'s too).
Terry
Old 06-09-2004, 07:43 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy82301
Nice setup x-ray, I am waiting for the diesel to come out, hope it isn't too high priced.
Norbert, the car you are thinking of was the Packard, had a bud vase on the door pillers.
i think you are correcto mundo... my father was a packard man...
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:53 PM   #20

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Kimili, we made the dinette into one bed for the German Shepherd (put a sheet and two sheepskins on it to protect it and to "soften" it up. Underneath, the Pekingese slept on her dog bed (muffled her snoring). Of course, the Jack Russell slept with my wife and me... Where else?

Took some getting used to, tho, gotta admit.

We replaced the factory mattress with one made to our specs (organic wool and cotton and natural latex). Most comfortable sleep we've had in quite awhile. The company that made it needed a template that Airstream sent me before the trailer was done. Really nice craftsmanship (Lifekind Products)!

The twin Fantastic Fans were a big help. The Front Range of Colorado was breakin' temp records... We did not have to boondock but did not run the A/C either. We were cool and collected.

One thing that was a big improvement was the reliability of the new Dometic fridge versus what we had on our vintage. Kept the temp constant throughout the whole trip. Nice! Used propane exclusively.

Also, we did not mind the wet bath on the '22 at all - worked for us just fine. Actually pretty efficient when you start to use one. Wet yourself down, lather yourself up with a natural sponge and your favorite body wash and shampoo, shave in the mirror, and rinse the whole thing down. Dry the shower out with your towel before getting out.

Adios!
Old 06-09-2004, 07:56 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
, Texas
X,

We ventured out recently for our 1st towing experience with the Touareg and our 28' International CCD. Like you, we had a very good experience. I am not the resident expert on towing, but the ride was very smooth and stable.
I must say that our scenery was not quite up to the caliber of what is in your photos... very nice!!

In short, the Touareg and the CCD seem like they were made for each other.

Towhead
Old 06-09-2004, 10:55 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xray
Kimili, we made the dinette into one bed for the German Shepherd (put a sheet and two sheepskins on it to protect it and to "soften" it up. Underneath, the Pekingese slept on her dog bed (muffled her snoring). Of course, the Jack Russell slept with my wife and me... Where else?!
LOL!! I'd love to see pics of all of them in bed!

That mattress sounds great!
Old 06-10-2004, 08:23 AM   #23
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
How I could have missed this post is beyond me...X, that looks very nice. We do the same for our Shep mix... after all, the queen's needs must be taken care up!

Towhead, I am happy that the VW works well with your 28'. Still, it would make me very uneasy as I have a car with a longer wheelbase, body on frame, robust upgraded everything and I'm only towing a 25' coach and can already see the limitations. I think in X's case, he is pretty well mated, but I gotta say, my gut tells me that the 28' is just too big. Sure, like my setup it can do it, the question still remains, should it be done. I'm no expert and as I said, I'm mostly going from what my gut tells me here, but if you're happy with it.....
Old 08-03-2004, 04:01 PM   #24

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMILI
LOL!! I'd love to see pics of all of them in bed!

That mattress sounds great!
KIMILI,

Here you go!!!

The three skallywags in bed:

Old 08-03-2004, 05:24 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xray
KIMILI,

Here you go!!!

The three skallywags in bed:

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love them!!

...Better not show that pic to our pups or they'll be jealous...they sleep under the dinette on a banal, regular dog bed...
Old 08-03-2004, 06:49 PM   #26
Dan&Barb 25'Safari FB/SE

2006 25' Safari FB SE
La Mesa , California
That's a pretty set up Xray, nice to know it all works well. Been looking at the same tow vehicle for the 19'Bambi CCD coming soon and wondered how it handled the hills. Also following your posts on the ipod so hope to figure that out when the unit arrives, can't wait to get it.

BTW your dogs are darling, we have a 7 month old JR named Ernie who will rule the Bambi!

Congratulations
Old 08-28-2004, 02:02 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Touareg Folks

We have a 16CCD and are thinking about a Touareg for a tow vehicle. Sounds like you guys have been having great success with the VW. Are you still happy? Is the V8 enough power? (like X-Ray - we also live at 7500' feet in Santa Fe - so altitude is an issue.) Any options you would vote for or vote against?

thanks for any thoughts

PP
Old 08-28-2004, 06:06 PM   #28

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by pod people
Touareg Folks

We have a 16CCD and are thinking about a Touareg for a tow vehicle. Sounds like you guys have been having great success with the VW. Are you still happy? Is the V8 enough power? (like X-Ray - we also live at 7500' feet in Santa Fe - so altitude is an issue.) Any options you would vote for or vote against?

thanks for any thoughts

PP
Don't even give it a second thought. You will be thrilled. Be sure you have the air suspension and the V8... 'nuff said. You won't even know the 16' is back there. PM me if you want to discuss over the phone.

Great news having another Santa Fe Airstreamer on the forums!