Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2010, 02:01 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1977 25' Tradewind
kamloops , British Columbia
First Airstream

I have always loved airstreams but have never owned one until a few days ago. I have wanted a larger trailer for a couple of years now as we have way to much gear for our 19 foot shasta trailer. We came to the decision with our vacations coming up to buy a new trailer. My wife and I started looking around at trailers ,she at 30,000 dollar trailers , myself at older ones around 10,000. I found an ad for a 1977 25 foot airstream a couple of hours away from our house. My wife do to work was unable to came with me to view it, so I went on my own. Well I fell in love with the trailer phoned my wife told her it needed a little work but the price was right and I would be buying it. When i pulled up to the house Sandi was standing at the front door shaking her head. In the last 4 days I have replaced the fridge ,converter, water heater , removed stinky carpet , had propane tanks re-valved, silicone on the exterior trim, traced electrical problems and cleaned . I still have to repair rotten floor section , lay new floor , find and repair water leak in bathroom, get new curtains, reinstall a front couch and have trailer packed and ready to go in 3 days or my wife says she's spending her vacation at her parents. The next few days will be long but ya know what, I can' believe I finally own an airstream I damned near giggle every time I look at it in the driveway
lance3787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:36 AM   #2

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Isn't it fun to look out and see your AS in the driveway. It still makes me giddy to see ours out there! Congrats!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Goose Creek , South Carolina
Congrats and welcome.
Holzarbeiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:59 AM   #4
Iwannagocamping

1979 31' Sovereign
Rineyville , Kentucky
Welcome to the forums.

Don't expect to hear from you again until after you get back from vacation, if you only have 3 days to get that list knocked out... Most of it is straight forward, we got our drapes right from Airstream, fair price and, man do they look original..

Just the photos.. (sometimes you don't need the blog, just a picture worth a thousand words..)

1979 Sovereign International
2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2 Golden Retrievers

Air #36788
TAC#3179
WBCCI #1265
Dakota's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:47 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Enjoy it and join these ranks!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Congrats from another new owner! After 11 days, I still want to giggle when I see our A/S the in driveway. Your to do list is almost as long as ours. I'm just glad we have more than 3 days to do it in! Enjoy!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #7

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance3787 View Post
... When i pulled up to the house Sandi was standing at the front door shaking her head. ...and ready to go in 3 days or my wife says she's spending her vacation at her parents.
Congrats on the trailer and I hope your wife shares your enthusiasm when the work is complete..

Regards,

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote