Old 04-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #15
The Real Chief Ding Dong

1966 28' Ambassador
Patterson , Louisiana
SUNSCREEN - I have a house full of freckled faced, blue eyed, red heads.... Sun is never kind to them....
BUG SPRAY - It's Louisiana, enough said.
CRAYONS, COLOR BOOKS,CARDS - try entertaining a five year old when its raining without them. We call it the rainy day drawer and she can only play in it if it is raining out, that way it stays fun...
BUNGEES - work great when those darn little plastic clips give out on the overhead cabinets.
EXTRA LIGHTER - we are known to use them to light the fire and then loose them in the dark, though it usually reappears the next morning, I also always forget to check fuel level so i have a back up...
ZIPLOCKS/ALUMINUM FOIL- foil makes great lids, and pans, in fact our last trip had a small drip in the corner of the window over the bed, solution was a foil funnel and a slightly cracked window. As for ziplocks, I use them for everything. They become ice packs, and color boxes, snack bowls, fly repellant, and we love ziplock omelets in the morning....
CHEAP FLIP FLOPS - for that muddy trip to the bath house, or on the beach.
EXTRA CURTAIN CLIPS - since i made my own curtains I have a few unused plastic clips in the rail on each window. With extra curtain clips hanging from them the become the perfect place to hang poofs in the bathroom, pot holders in the kitchen and even my glasses near my bed.

BEST TIME SAVER FOR ME....

DRY ERASE BOARD NEAR THE DOOR while I run out on a trip I add to my list. and there it is staring me in the face as a load for the next trip. no need to go search through cabinets to see what I am missing.

missyloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #16
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyloopy View Post
DRY ERASE BOARD NEAR THE DOOR while I run out on a trip I add to my list. and there it is staring me in the face as a load for the next trip. no need to go search through cabinets to see what I am missing.
Oh, yeah. I just added one of those to my Interstate. It's the 3M Command Adhesive dry erase board, which lets you insert an 8½×11 picture behind a clear front, so when it doesn't have notes scribbled all over it serves as decoration.

By the way, ziplock omelets? As a single guy who doesn't cook much, the idea sounds fascinating. Are they easy to make?

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Bug spray nice general rule but depending where you're at will determine what you need.
Inland = off = misquitos
coast = skin so soft = no see um flies
Canada = hat with neck guard = black fly
Florida = screen = yellow fly
Old 04-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #18
The Real Chief Ding Dong

1966 28' Ambassador
Patterson , Louisiana
And Extra Water Hose gaskets..... we seem to loose those every trip....
Old 04-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #19
The Real Chief Ding Dong

1966 28' Ambassador
Patterson , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Oh, yeah. I just added one of those to my Interstate. It's the 3M Command Adhesive dry erase board, which lets you insert an 8½×11 picture behind a clear front, so when it doesn't have notes scribbled all over it serves as decoration.
Now that is interesting, and far cutier than the plan jane one in our Ambassador, I HAVE TO HAVE THAT! don't tell the hubby!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #20
The Real Chief Ding Dong

1966 28' Ambassador
Patterson , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL View Post
Bug spray nice general rule but depending where you're at will determine what you need.
Inland = off = misquitos
coast = skin so soft = no see um flies
Canada = hat with neck guard = black fly
Florida = screen = yellow fly

With a wiggly little one we like "SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus IR3535® SPF 30 Cool 'n Fabulous Disappearing Color Lotion" handles the sun screen, mosquitos, and no see ums.....well that and she thinks she looks like a smurf for a little while! hate to say it but i sometimes sneak a little for myself, and looking like a smurf is added fun...
Old 04-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Don't forget the chargers for all the electronic devices that we seem to not be able to do without these days.
Broom, to keep the inside and outside area clean.
Last weekend I spotted a fellow camper using a battery powered leaf blower to clean off his pad. Looked like a great idea.
A complete as possible tool kit. It seems that something will always break when you don't have the proper tool to fix it.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Truckee , California
A smart phone...eliminate all the other stuff (GPS, camera, calculator, laptop, weather, MP3 players, CD/DVD players, drink guides, RV check lists, recipe books, address books, alarm clocks, etc etc etc) and the chargers that go with them. You can supplement with a small solar charger...you can use in the woods when you're trying to avoid bears and snakes.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
Extra TOILET PAPER. More than you think you will need. I get mine at Costco (Kirkland brand) where it is cheap, plentiful AND septic tank approved.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
All of the above, plus.........

Never run out of anything used regularly. When you are running low, get some more. I hate reaching for paper towels, etc., and find there are no more. Grrrrr. (I am using the IPad, no emoticons)

And, we found a self-stick dry-erase board that is brushed metal, and will hold a few pretty magnets----which I love to collect. Put it on the bathroom door.

Maggie
Old 04-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #25
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by bganso View Post
…alarm clocks, etc etc etc)
Sacrilege! When I go camping, I'm on Airstream Savings Time. I only need to know when it's mealtime, and when it's checkout time. Other than that, just knowing the day of the week is usually good enough. There will NEVER be an alarm clock in MY Airstream!
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Canby , Oregon
Dutch Ovens! The more the better. You literally cook anything in a DO or on the inverted lid. And of coarse bags of Charcoal.
Ted
Old 04-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I grew up cooking in dutch ovens (Boy Scouts), I have got to find mine. It is burried somewhere in the storage room.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist

Sacrilege! When I go camping, I'm on Airstream Savings Time. I only need to know when it's mealtime, and when it's checkout time. Other than that, just knowing the day of the week is usually good enough. There will NEVER be an alarm clock in MY Airstream!
On the very rare occasions while traveling that we have to be up at a certain time, we "set" the coffee pot. Soft perking and lovely coffee aromas wafting from just a few feet from our bed wake us gently.

Maggie