Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
'06 75th Winick Prototype

2006 19' International CCD
1968 22' Safari
The Swamps of Hell , Lousy-Anna
Question Familiar With 'The Trailer Company' in Melbourne, FL?

Hi everyone...

I am looking for a good shop in the Florida/Georgia/Alabama/Mississippi/Louisiana area that can do factory quality work.

I'm wanting to install 3 amber teardrop clearance lights on the front of my trailer in the center over the Airstream logo as in the older trailers.

I'm looking for a shop that can do it properly; perfectly centered, measured, installed, and sealed.

Is anyone familiar with the work done by "The Trailer Company" in Melbourne, Florida? Here is their website:

The Trailer Company

Does anyone know of any other shops in the areas I listed above that can do factory quality work?

Thanks!
Jeff
ggoat!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #2

1968 22' Safari
Nevermind...they called back today and said they couldn't do it. I guess it was too difficult for them.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
At first thought I said "wow, to hard?", but then kinda thought about what it could potentially take. Yes, this could be hard to do right! Would this require dropping the endcap to do the wiring correctly?
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #4

1968 22' Safari
Hmmm...doesn't seem too hard. I spoke with Andy at Inland RV who stated it isn't difficult...just a matter of centering and drilling your holes perfectly centered, and fishing for the "green" wire through one of the holes. I verified the "green wire" part with a disassembled trailer at Bates. No endcaps internally or externally need to be removed.

Since the "Trailer Company" in Melbourne does custom trailers for movies and props that seem SUPER elaborate, I figured this would have been a no-brainer.

I'm still looking for a reputable shop in the Louisiana/Mississippi/Florida area that could do this. It's much more difficult to find one than I thought it would be...
Old 04-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
there might be a shop further North... if you know where to look
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoat!!! View Post
Hmmm...doesn't seem too hard. I spoke with Andy at Inland RV who stated it isn't difficult...just a matter of centering and drilling your holes perfectly centered, and fishing for the "green" wire through one of the holes. I verified the "green wire" part with a disassembled trailer at Bates. No endcaps internally or externally need to be removed.

Since the "Trailer Company" in Melbourne does custom trailers for movies and props that seem SUPER elaborate, I figured this would have been a no-brainer.

I'm still looking for a reputable shop in the Louisiana/Mississippi/Florida area that could do this. It's much more difficult to find one than I thought it would be...
Inland Andy is correct. This really is not hard to do, and even someone with no experience in RV work can do this. You CAN do this, and there is no need to have a shop do it. I had no experience in anything RV, but I used the forums to rebuild my 1953 flying cloud. I am not done yet, but the hard part is.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:34 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Where the heck are they? I was going to run by there but can't find a street address on their site.
Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote