Old 10-27-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
Factory Service Center - Two Thumbs Up

All,

Last week I had some signifigant repairs (three days worth) done on my trailer at the Airstream Factory Service Center in Jackson Center, OH. Thank god it was all covered under warranty. I don't know what it would of cost had I been out of warranty but I'm sure it would of required taking out a second mortgage! But I digress........

The main reason for this post is to give a big round of applause to the Airstream Factory Service center and all of their employees. I've got to say I was thoroughly impressed with both the work and customer service they provided. Every employee (and I talked to quite a few of them), from the front office to the service center, was curteous and helpful. They didn't flinch (at least in front of me) at any of the repairs I had listed (and there were a lot of them) ranging from replacing the front panel above the front window (clear coat problem) to reattaching some of the carpet on the wall behind the back bed. For the front panel replacement they even went as far as completely removing the front interior of the trailer (couch, cabinet above couch, headliner, inner skin, etc.) so that they could buck rivet the new panel in place.

Thanks Airstream!

Joe Zabreznik (AKA Barkingspider)

Old 10-27-2005, 06:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Accomodations while in JC?

Joe -

Am thinking I will take a trip to JC while on another trip back east. Can you recommend someplace to stay while in JC or surrounds?

Thanks

Axel

Old 10-27-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I have to second and third Joe's observations about the service center at Jackson Center.......as for places to stay, you can stay at the Airstream Terra Port Campground for $10/night, full hookups.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:07 PM   #4
_

. , .
hi folks

i too had a great service experience at jc. virtually every employee goes out of their way to create a pleasant experience. and the service center does fine work....many of their folks used to be on the factory build line so they understand how they are made and where the issues are.....it's interesting that the factory crew and service crew are so distinct...

i am planning to go to the homecoming next year just because of the service.....also you'll meet other great airstreamers.

axel, i think you're traveling without the trailer? this is a rural part of ohio (sort of) so close by lodging is thin. if your traveling west on i70 there is of course the full assortment of motels in dayton.

30 minutes west, there is however a b&b in new breman....i've forgotten the name; the new breman website/chamber of commerce may have a link. also a call/email to jc and they can tell you about every local lodging option.

as eric suggests if you have the trailer in tow, the terraport is available for 10$ to all. folks having service can stay for free. full hook ups and wifi.

BUT now i wonder eric/others....is the water on during the winter? snow, ice, bitter cold.....now sure it's be fun camping there in jan/feb.

i don't recall seeing 4 season water hook ups....again a call to the mothership will provide an answer.

they do have the historic offering of discounts on service, repairs, parts and restorations during winter....but i think most folks leave the trailers there during winter service.

cheers
2air'
Old 10-27-2005, 10:08 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
Axel - I agree with Silvertwinkie that the Terra Port at Airstream is definitely the place to stay while in Jackson Center. Free wireless internet access and plenty of other Airstreamers.

If you are traveling without a trailer Wapakoneta (Neil Armstrong's hometown) is only about 15-20 minutes away. They have a Holiday Inn Express with all the amenities including a heated pool & continental breakfast.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverToy
Joe -

Can you recommend someplace to stay while in JC or surrounds?

Thanks

Axel
Old 10-28-2005, 01:36 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Jackson Center - we have miscommunication!

2air and Barking et al -

Sorry that I wasn't clear in my note. No, SilverToy will not be making the trip with me ( but I DID think about it REALLY a lot!!!!) as I have business to attend to that precludes towing the rig. Gotta bring a buncha' stuff back that simply won't fit in the silver trailer but WILL fir in my utility trialer. So....

Back to the question about accomodations. Thanks Barking for that HI idea. Also, thanks 2 air for the bicycle museum idea. Any other ideas out there. Have a bit of time and flexability on the trip back from DC/NC area and would really like to get off the great ribbons of asphalt that are the interstates. Great to get from A to B - but I think we miss SO much of what make America great!!! Can I get an "Amen" !?

I am open to all ideas great and small for places of interest to visit/ tour/ stay within the return trip parameters. A to Z.

Let 'er rip and let me sort 'em out !!!!!!!!!

REALLY looking forward to the responses!

Ciao

Axel

PS - Just so nobody gets too crazy - I do have to be able to get me/TV and a 14' trailer in and out! Thanks again!