Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2019, 03:45 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Missy View Post
This fixed it for me before but it recently came back. I guess an update reset the parm to TRUE. I fixed it again.

Al
Thanks, Al, for the update. I am not comfortable with going into the coding on my laptop, in order to make this work.

Janet, can AirForums do something about this continuing problem? For over a year now, I have had to edit each and every post in Firefox to remove the extra blank lines.

Thanks,

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Every few years one browser or another has an update and we have this issue. This year, it's Firefox.
. . .
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:12 PM   #62
Tom T

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Thanks, Al, for the update. I am not comfortable with going into the coding on my laptop, in order to make this work.

Janet, can AirForums do something about this continuing problem? For over a year now, I have had to edit each and every post in Firefox to remove the extra blank lines.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H
"Every few years one browser or another has an update and we have this issue. This year, it's Firefox.
. . ."

Peter

I agree on both counts, but for Janet - this problem has been going on for 2+/- years now, & it's time to have your Webmaster/IT Dept or outside website provider to fix the problem.

If we go changing stuff on our own browsers to resolve one website's problem, then chances are very high that it will cause problems somewhere else for us.

It's the responsibility of the website providers to promptly stay current & up to date with the browsers & software commonly used for their websites, otherwise they'll lose members/users (even on these "free" forums), which in turn will drop their ad revenues.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
1960 Avion T20, #2 made, Hensley Cub, TV tbd- looking for 08-22 Cayenne S, EH, etc
1988 VW Vanagon Westfalia CamperGL (Orig Owner) + 1970 Eriba Puck
Tom_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:36 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
I think this problem may be more widespread than we think. I know at least one other forum I attend has the same issue.

It is not that hard or, IMO, risky to make this change. The worst case is one has to reload Firefox. This is a Firefox configuration parameter, not some general computer parameter.

I don't intend to disparage anyone who doesn't feel comfortable making this change, just trying to improve the general confidence level in the parameter update.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:14 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
IMHO, ‘white space’ is 1) free, and 2) judiciously used makes it easier to understand printed material. I find myself adding white space to make posts clearer and easier to follow.

It’s not a ‘world ending’ problem in my view...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:28 AM   #65
4 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
WhereIam , Left Coast Proud
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
IMHO, ‘white space’ is 1) free, and 2) judiciously used makes it easier to understand printed material. I find myself adding white space to make posts clearer and easier to follow.

No, it’s not world ending, but I suppose it’s very or maybe even incredibly annoying to those experiencing it. I’m fortunate that I am not dealing with said problem despite my use of Firefox, perhaps my iPhone is running interference for me? I have no clue at all, but I am grateful.

I am one of those persons who edits over and over and over again so I can easily imagine the huge line breaks this fault or Mal/Ad/Spy/ware, Trojan, or other virus would leave me with. While like you I also appreciate an expanse of white space, I also know when enough is enough.

I’ve was a Graphics Artist in the Air Force and a Design/Lay Out & Paste Up Artist for a local magazine now gone, and did a little editing for them as well. Do you remember SNL’s Anal Retentive Chef? That was me at any job, seeking some kind of insane perfection which truly isn’t possible, so if this were happening to me I would very likely need to

see those nice young men in their clean white coats,
AND... they're coming to take me away ha haaa
You thought it was a joke
And so you laughed
You laughed when I said
That losing you would make me flip my lid
Right? You know you laughed
I heard you laugh. You laughed
You laughed and laughed and then you left
But now you know I'm utterly mad
And they're coming to take me away ha haaa
They're coming to take me away ho ho hee hee ha haaa
To the happy home with trees and flowers and chirping birds
And basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes
I cooked your food
I cleaned your house
And this is how you pay me back
For all my kind unselfish, loving deeds
Ha! Well you just wait
They'll find you yet and when they do
They'll put you in the A.S.P.C.A.
You mangy mutt
They're coming to take me away ha haaa ho ho hee heep
To the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see those nice young men
In their clean white coats
And they're coming to take me away
To the happy home with trees and flowers and chirping birds
And basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes
And they're coming to take me away ha haaa!
3wd67rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:45 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
. . .

Of course not . . . . . . but is it too much to ask that things work right?

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

Old 12-29-2019, 03:58 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Every few years one browser or another has an update and we have this issue. This year, it's Firefox.
. . .
Hi Janet . . . sorry to bug you again, given that you seem somewhat inactive here now, but is there anything that AirForums can do about this continuing problem?

See the extra lines in Bob's [CruizinDux] recent post here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...il-194329.html

Thanks,

Peter
Old 01-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
This problem appears to have gone away, with the new change to having CloudFlare DDoS protection kicking in for EVERY page that loads [http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...WwvYmBDa2rZ00] Indeed, one can no longer insert extra line breaks ["Return"] . . . is this correct? Thanks, Peter
Old 01-13-2020, 02:27 PM   #69
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Now things appear to be working better IMO . . . except that the extra lines are back in the Firefox posts!

See here also:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...ge-204473.html
Old 03-22-2020, 06:41 PM   #70
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
FYI there is a new thread on this problem:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f13...em-206680.html

Peter
Old 03-23-2020, 08:50 AM   #71
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:

Peter
It says I don't have access to that page. I can follow other links and access other pages.

richw46, you do not have permission to access this page.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:00 AM   #72
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
It has been deleted.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:00 PM   #73
Tom T

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
I just did a couple of posts in another forum, & it seems to have mysteriously been fixed in a day - after 2+ years with it unresolved on the website's system, which is what was adding an extra line space or more with every "enter" to space between paragraphs.

I have to do a lot of writing in my profession, & it's expected to double space between paragraphs - sometimes more between sections.

I don't know why the system on here adds the extra line spacing, but it does NOT happen on any other online forum of the 20+/- to which I belong - professionally or otherwise.

We should not have to reset our browsers or whatever for just this one website, then change back. However, none of the prior kluge "fixes" worked for me on Firefox. .... & I won't use Microsoft's "Web Exploder"!

Let's hope that it is a permanent fix.

PS - upon edit check, it seems to be fixed. See how easy that was when folks chime in! ;-)

Hopeful,
Tom
///////
1960 Avion T20, #2 made, Hensley Cub, TV tbd- looking for 08-22 Cayenne S, EH, etc
Old 03-23-2020, 06:03 PM   #74
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Tom - I changed your forum settings to use the basic editor earlier today. This solution has been recommended more than once and is a setting you can control in your user CP.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:09 PM   #75
Tom T

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
Quote:

Peter
I think that was my poll & topic on the problem trying to collect data on that &/or other site function problems others have noted to get the website owner to fix it/them. It was deleted/removed.

Thanx for starting this one Peter, because it backfilled for the same issue, & it got some action after 2+ years with extra space adding.

Thanx!
Tom
///////
Old 03-23-2020, 06:21 PM   #76
Tom T

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
Quote:
Tom - I changed your forum settings to use the basic editor earlier today. This solution has been recommended more than once and is a setting you can control in your user CP.
Janet - I thought that was a setting on my Firefox browser when I tried it over the weekend. Sorry for the misunderstanding, & Thanx for the fix!

Maybe clarify the fix in a new stand alone sticky topic at the main general forum area, so that all can understand where exactly it is & how to do it, so it can be found easily. I think that there are also other non-MS browsers that have had these problems, Apple & ??

Still, this site is running on a Beta software "field test" version, which typically have more problems than a fully resolved release, as I know from my days Beta testing Architectural CAD programs back in the late 1970s-80s.

So the site owner Andy R could benefit by updating or backdating to a non-Beta web hosting program, & cure other quirks folks seem to find on here.

Such as, last year I & some other Earthlink & related ISPs were spam/virus blocking every email from AirForums, which was cured by either Earthlink &/or the web host here on the security protocols, from what I was told by E'link support.

Unfortunately they've now taken to virus blocking professional industry eNewsletters which I get - randomly about half of the 10-15 from one publisher, so I have "rescue" them from the virus folder.

Technology is great .... when it works properly!

Thanx Again,
Tom
///////
Old 03-23-2020, 06:44 PM   #77
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
FWIW Janet posted that fix in 2018:

[click on orange arrow to read this post in full]
Quote:
. . .
2. Change your account settings at the forum to use the Standard Editor Toolbar instead of the WYSIWYG full editor.
. . .
I prefer the full editor, and thus have to edit each and every post, in order to remove the extra blank lines.

Peter
Old 03-24-2020, 01:33 PM   #78
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_T View Post

..... Still, this site is running on a Beta software "field test" version, which typically have more problems than a fully resolved release, as I know from my days Beta testing Architectural CAD programs back in the late 1970s-80s.

So the site owner Andy R could benefit by updating or backdating to a non-Beta web hosting program, & cure other quirks folks seem to find on here.

Regarding updating the version of vBulletin we use.. that's a hard no and there are many reasons but the biggest one is that we are going to be moving to a new software platform in the coming months and it's much easier to migrate from our current version of vB. It's patched and stable and so we're staying put for the time being.

Please trust that we all have the sites best interests at heart. We want a stable, secure and vibrant site. Currently we have that and while there are newer platforms out there we want to make sure that when we move to a new platform it's for the right reasons, that it's fully tested and will serve us well for years to come. Air forums wasn't just 'left behind'. It's a conscious choice we made - balancing member needs, site stability and the difficulties of moving a large and complex site to a new platform against the temptation to have the latest shiny software.

We will be moving to Xenforo sometime this year and have been patiently waiting for that platform to mature.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:47 PM   #79
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks for the update.

Peter
Old 05-04-2020, 09:33 AM   #80
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
Hi,

We have 2016FC23D. Just came back from 3 weeks of moochdocking at a relative's house (We had 20 amp shorepower--regular 20 amp outlet-- for the whole time).

When we came home, I connected to the home shorepower (regular 20 amp outlet), like I normally do. Usually the voltage meter that came with the trailer shows 13.something or sometimes 14 volts depending on the state of charge (we have two 6V golf cart batteries in series).

But this time, it says 12.3V as if the batteries are not being charged.

I checked the battery water level, and it looks good.

The voltage directly at the batteries is 12.3, according to my multi-meter. So the trailer's reading is good too.

Now I'm looking at the converter/charger. Shortly after we bought the trailer in 2017, I replaced paralex converter with Power Dynamics 4600 series:

https://www.progressivedyn.com/rv/po...r-4600-series/

I've been happy with it until this episode.

Come to think of it, when we connect to shorepower, I used to hear a short "p" sound coming from somewhere (I assumed it was the converter/charger), but now I don't hear the same sound when I connect shorepower.

The cable is fine because I could run appliances in the trailer. Clearly, the trailer is getting electricity.

Use/Store switch is in set to Use. With the shorepower, I turned Use/Store switch to Store, which turned off everything, except propane detector. Turned the Use/Store switch back to Use, everything comes back on.

Another thing I noticed: the converter/charger fan does not come on at all.

(Maybe unrelated, but another observation: our microwave stopped working. It turned on but its magnetron doesn't turn on. So the food doesn't get heated.)

I removed the two 30amp fuse from the converter (according to converter's troubleshooting instruction) and measured its output voltage. The result was unexpected (to me). I thought that the I would get the output voltage quickly, but I didn't.The voltage SLOWLY rose from 0 volts to 12.05V (that's not a typo). It took about a minute. Not sure if this is normal or not.

But because converter/charger is not outputting 13.something V, I think the batteries are not being charged.

I've turned the breaker off, waited a minute and turned it back on. Measured the output voltage and got the same result.

Another retrospect thought: At the relative's house, I used extension cord to get shorepower from an outlet. Then used the regular 30 amp cable with a dogbone adapter. The adapter and the end of the 30 amp cable were on the ground. A couple of times, it rained heavily. Maybe it created a surge?

Anyway, do you think the converter/charger is the problem?

Is there anything else I could/should check?

If the converter/charger is the problem, should I replace it? Or is there anything I can check inside, like fuse, etc.?

Thanks in advance,

Atsushi
Quote:
. . .
We will be moving to Xenforo sometime this year and have been patiently waiting for that platform to mature.
As you may have noticed, Janet, the Firefox extra lines problem continues.

Any ETA on the transition to Xenforo?

Thanks,

Peter