Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Everything has to GO!

We are selling our house and all the parts we have accumulated have to go.

We don't have time to list them in the classifieds, so we are looking for any one who may restore or fix RV's - Airstreams that would like a supply of miscellaneous parts.

We have vintage parts left from a 61 Overlander, and 63 Globetrotter (not many). As well many parts from a stripped out 1999 27' Excella to include windows, doors, cabinets, bathroom and kitchen Dinette credenza etc. We pretty much took it down to the frame and sold the frame and took the aluminum to the recyclers.

Ideally we would like to have a set price ($2K-3K obo) for the lot and someone come and pick it all up. So preferably someone from Ontario CAN.

We are putting our house up for sale Mid June and need the outbuildings to look uncluttered.

So if anyone knows of anyone who is into fixing RV's or if you have a project on the go and looking for some interior key pieces - PM me ASAP

Working on a parts listing and have photos available - if you are serious - no tire kickers or nosey parkers please - just a waste of time which we do not have.

We can deliver if need be - but only in Ontario (Ottawa to London) We are located just north east of Peterborough.

Thanks

Hope everyone has been well and have had a chance to get out and travel.

On a side note - Peter has had two Islet Cell Transplants and is now Diabetes FREE!!! I have gone back to College taking photojournalism and just completed my first year of two.

We have to downsize and move out of the country side to make things a little easier for both of us.

PS - NO our CCD International is not for sale and neither is the 63 Globetrotter.

Any leads would be very much appreciated. My e-mail is still the same spkallaste@sympatico.ca if someone wishes to reach me direct.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
Thrilled to hear everybody's healthy, and that you're keeping your 'streams. Best of luck from down here in Chicago.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Hi, Ladybug! Glad to hear that things are looking up for you two!
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
1966 20' Globetrotter
johnsoncity , Tennessee
Wonderful news about your sucessful transplants,I know you are very thankful. I would like to know where you had this done. We have two son that have Type One diabieties.
donh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by donh1 View Post
Wonderful news about your sucessful transplants,I know you are very thankful. I would like to know where you had this done. We have two son that have Type One diabieties.
You can obtain all the information you need from this web site.

University of Alberta Clinical Islet Transplant Program

It is called the Edmonton Protocol

Peter received 520,000 cells his first surgery Feb 14 - going from about 58 units of insulin to 30 a day. It is not unusual to have what they call a "top up" surgery if you do really well in the first. They kept him out their and put him back on the list. He had his second surgery with another 470,000 islet cells infused on March 28. By the time he returned home April 19th he is completely insulin independent - no needles and no insulin type of pills.

Although he is treated just like a heart or lung transplant patient the surgery is non-invasive. A small incision between the rib the infusion goes through the portal vein into the liver. He was only in the hospital for 2-3 days each time. However you have to remain in Edmonton for 4-6 weeks to undergo a strict medication regime

He is on anti rejection and immuno-suppressant drugs for the rest of his life. But already - compared to the problems he faced on a daily basis with sever diabetes he has absolutely no regrets.

He has met several of the early patients from 1999-2005 and they are still insulin independent and have no other complications from the procedure.

Although in Canada I do believe they take a number of international patients. But they will be able to refer you to US facilities that have been trained in their procedure.

Good luck.

Note this procedure is only targeted at Type 1 Diabetics - with hypoglycaemia unawareness. A fatal progression where the body can not feel the low blood sugars coming on. Peter's diabetes had progressed to that stage about two years ago and it was only a matter of time before he may have experienced a coma that could have been life threatening.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Can I get some photos? I am very interested.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post

On a side note - Peter has had two Islet Cell Transplants and is now Diabetes FREE!!! I have gone back to College taking photojournalism and just completed my first year of two.

We have to downsize and move out of the country side to make things a little easier for both of us.
Wow.... some side note Sharon! I'm so happy for BOTH of you. It's got to be great not worrying about diabetes. I hope you'll both enjoy traveling and kayaking and everything else that comes with downsizing.
Congrats!

Paula
Old 05-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Can I get some photos? I am very interested.
You will have to give me a few days...we are right in the middle of a clean out project over the next few days. I know I have photos of all the items - I just have to hunt them down in my billions of gigs of photos ha.

I will most likely post some in the classifieds....I just wanted to feel out the forum to see if there was anyone that might want the whole lot at once...
Old 05-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #9
x

XXXX , XXXX
Sharon I sent you an e-mail and was wondering if you got it. Ithought it might have been spamed.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
Sharon I sent you an e-mail and was wondering if you got it. Ithought it might have been spamed.

Hi no - have not received an e-mail this end??? All known e-mails thus far... sure you got it typed right - spkallaste@sympatico.ca
Old 05-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #11
x

XXXX , XXXX
Sharon I used the link you provided in your first post.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #12
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I emailed you also....
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
1966 20' Globetrotter
johnsoncity , Tennessee
Thank you soo very much for the information about the Edmonton Protocol. I am indebted to you.
donh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Still purging...

Have not forgot about this thread....

Almost there to a point where we can haul out the airstream parts and photograph them and post - most likely will post on the classifieds.

I have a list of those who have contacted me and will get back to you on your questions in a few more days.

Thanks for your patience....
Old 05-25-2011, 10:41 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Okay really really close now can almost taste the airstream parts coming out of hiding for the photo shoot....

Finished all the dump runs now. Moving onto the items that are now piled in the middle of the RV Bay part of the garage that will be going to auction (no worries not the airstream parts)

Once they are gone - we can then pull out the parts from our big shed and join them with all the other parts that are packed at the front of the RV that we can't pull out just yet. Hopefully tomorrow I can start taking some shots. It is like playing with a big rubix cube OMG!!!

For those who have asked for specific parts I will look for you and send you PM's if I have them.