Old 11-03-2003, 08:52 PM   #1
Rivet Master
Ever happen to you?

Ever have one of those planned trips go out the window. Cleaned the tow vehicle, cleaned the Airstrean inside and out wash & Walberized, two days of work. Fill propane bottles, check all systems, load up the your stuff in the AS & hookup the tow vehicle, check air pressure in tires. Secure all compartments inside and out, check and recheck. Ready to go the next morning, except you get the FLU overnight ! Tinsel Loaf sat there for five days ready to go. Never got out of the drive. Bummer.

Tinsel Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Tinsel Loaf,

Yes, know how you feel. February 2000, the first trip with our new '99 Airstream Cutter diesel.
All loaded and ready to go, while putting the finishing touches on the rig when....
Carrying a bucket of hot water to wash the front of the Jeep Cherokee, so I could put the bra on it for protection behind the coach when, slip,slide and away! I fell on the bucket with my backside only after my right foot went under me....SNAP. Went the ankle.
We were heading to Brackenridge to go snow shoeing. Spent the rest of the day at hospital.
Caveat is, the ankle was diagnosed as a sprain, and 6 weeks later things were still swollen and colorful. New doc took pictures...ah a broken ankle emerged. Total down time, 3 months.

Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 11:20 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member
1986 32' Excella
vledder , drenthe
where ready for a weekend trip
just had to go to the store for some last second shopping
car all packed
one %$&^ smashed my car
I got away with only three ribs broken was verry lucky that there was no one in the pasenger seat
remcolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 01:24 AM   #4
Rivet Master
1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
....SNAP. Went the ankle.

Similar experience while attending the Forum Ralley in New Mexico this summer. The Alpha Bitch (AB) Geed when she should have Hawed, after two clinic visits in the mountains (originally X-Rayed and declared a sprain), and multiple hospital visits here in Houston, she finally received a bright purple cast!!

References to Barney (as in the Purple Dinosaur), were rampant.

Glad to report that all is now healed, and life is back to normal (make that AB normal).

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 01:31 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Yeah but Mary was such a good sport about it! Glad to hear all is well again...

InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 08:38 PM   #6
Commercial Member
1967 30' Sovereign
Los Lunas , New Mexico
Similar feeling, I guess, to our maiden voyage in our 67: All packed into the rig, left home around midnight, drove a hundred miles or so, and decided to sack out for a while. Stop the truck in a safe area, go back to the AS, and discover that the cabin door will not budge for anything. Groan.

WBCCI 21043
eubank is offline   Reply With Quote