Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Do you give personal contact cards?

Hi all! I just got a message holder at the Bozeman rally and I want to put personal contact cards in the clear view window.

It seems nearly every Airstreamer we meet on the road has a great business card to give out their contact info. There are photos and graphics and inspirations and all just as unique as the people themselves.

Have you printed up cards or had them printed? Any ideas or samples to share? I want to try a few on the inkjet. Any web sites that you used to upload your info and design your card? Or did you use a particular software to get the job done?

I really like my collection of cards each trip. So many creative and interesting people out there. The hard part is remembering who's who though!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
1961 26' Overlander
1949 24' Limited
Springs , Pennsylvania
We have cards that we hand out- they have our names, mailing (not physical) address, phone, e-mail, website, and WBCCI unit /# affiliations

I think it is helpful to write the trailer you met the couple in (some have more than one) and where you met them on the back of the card they gave you- so on the back of cards I collected at Bozeman it might read: '54 Cruiser- Intl. Rally '08

Vistaprint.com is cheap and lets you upload photos and customize the fields or you can use an avery template on your microsoft word and just make up your own cards and print them at home (lets you do smaller quantities)
Old 08-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
I made up cards using Adobe Illustrator with the same graphic that is my avatar but with a gradient blue background. I print them up on my Epson Stylus Photo R200 printer. In fact, I need to print some more up for the upcoming 4CU rally at the end of the month. Thanks for the reminder.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
I have cards with my blogs on them. Now granted I blog using a pen name, but if the person seems trustworthy enough, they get my real name and email addy.

I justy keep mine simple. Use an Avery template in MS word and print them on my ink jet.

/Lois
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:22 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Alexandria , Virginia
Hello my caravanning sista! You have my card- I ordered it from vistaprint.com. You can order free cards and just pay for shipping, or pay a bit more for a premium design. Mine cost about $20 for 250 cards. FYI- if you do buy from them, order the smallest quantity b/c when you go to checkout they will generate a special add-on price that may double your ordered amount for something like $1 more. Miss ya!
fullairtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey K. how's it going? We sure had good times. So glad I met you. Looks like Madison will be our next rendevous...too long away to content me though. Your card is what I had in mind when I mentioned inspirations. May I share? "Dream it. Believe it. Live it." Along with the color and cool graphic it's like carrying a greeting card, guess it is a "greeting card." Thanks for the info, once I have the card right I think the convenience and volume of vistaprint would be ideal.

Louis good tips about printing and screening your recipients and info given out. I think my cards are Avery too. Thanks.

Brad using the avatar graphic is a great idea. Odd how when I ask people who they are on the forums I see their avatars etched in my mind and then I make the connection...

3streams that is a stellar idea to help jog my memory. I will start to do just that.

Thanks for your ideas and sharing your knowlege and experience!! This has been very helpful to me.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:52 PM   #7
_

. , .
i'm a re-carder....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
..Do you give personal contact cards?...
sure do!

i keep the cards other folks give me in a cardholder, just inside the 'stream door.

then hand them out to others as mine...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
I made my cards with Adobe Photoshop CS for the graphics and Adobe Illustrator CS for the design setup and lettering. I then copied and pasted the artwork into Microsoft Word for printing. Avery supplied the MS Word template for this that you can download from their site. I then printed the cards on Avery's Matte White Clean Edge Business Cards 10 to a sheet. They snap off with a clean edge and no perforations.

Info needed.

Web site: Office Supplies - Office Products | Avery

Card Stock: #28877 (bought it at Target)

Template: #8371

I print them on an inkjet color printer.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:40 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
No, but yes to personal contact

I usually don't give out personal contact cards, but rather personal contact ... hanshakes, hugs, etc.
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:46 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Yes, I've got cards. Problem is, they are buried in the bottom of one of the Airstream drawers most of the time when I need one.

I do my own graphics, design my layout, and print them on glossy white business card stock. Clean and simple.