Old 04-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #57
2 Rivet Member
2014 27' FB International
salem , Oregon
We debated 27 vs. 28. I think for storage, the 28 twin is best; but if you want a queen then we went with the 27 and also gained a pantry, microwave and big closet. I like the end tables by the bed rather than closets of the 28 as end tables make the bed area seem more spacious but that is just personal taste. We were upgrading from a 25FC and so decided to go to the 27 International just for a change of looks.

I am surprised at how much more I can fit in the International kitchen slider uppers than in the FC which are about 2" shallower. There are compromises either way since the sliders cabinet bottoms are low I have to stand on a little stool sometimes to see items placed on the base of the uppers whereas the FC cabinets open up bigger for better viewing. I keep a little stool at the base of the pantry for those times I need to see the bottom of the uppers. The wider upper bases allow me to put my dishes flat in those round plastic plate holders from Camping World.

We LOVE the 2014 zip dee auto awning since the frequent blustery spring winds in the Palm Desert area cause us to open and close them often. The ceramic toilet is taller and nicer than the standard FC toilet, but you can upgrade to that in any model. I wasn't sure I would like the roller shades but they have won me over. You can secure them half way down or all the way down and they are more private at night. Wish we had the sofa of the 28 but the lounge works OK for us. I bought a small folding stool by Lafuma that we place in front of the door for the person sitting on the short side of the table to put their feet up on. It doubles as a seat at the end of the table too. Hope this helps. Each model has benefits and compromises so it all depends on what is important to you.

cptfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #58
2 Rivet Member
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Vashon , Washington
Originally Posted by kcollins View Post
If you are just comparing the Flying Cloud and International models, I believe they are identical except for the interior decor (take a look at the specifications sheet and you will see they are the same for a given floor plan). I think the International is intended to be a bit more upscale. The Flying Cloud line has a couple of additional floor plans that are not available in the International. The Sport and Classic lines are more differentiated. out for subtle differences. In the 2014
19' Flying Cloud, there is one more cabnet in the rear, over the bed, above the window. And in a small trailer, storage is everything. The International we looked at did not have it which even surprised the salesman.

2016 Flying Cloud 25 FB Twin
2014 Ford F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost w/ max towing pkg
oh, and Cleo the wonderdog
dprvashon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2014 30' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
There is only my wife and myself. Our kids from our first marriages are all chronologically adults with the youngest at 29 and ranging to 44. Only one lives nearby, so we camp alone with no pets to even consider. We started with a 2013 25FB International Serenity with the cross frame modified queen bed. After a couple of trips, we changed our bedroom happiness factor by ordering a Classic 27FB twin bed.

We talked lots more about that back 15 feet being identical between the 25FB and 27FB models in all trim lines in terms of furniture layout, size and comfort. We were not really happy with that back area on the 25FB and decided to change the order to the Classic model 30. The change in base list price ($3,012) was the only penalty for that model on order change.

We are pleased with the final decision for the two of us. We do not plan for any of the adult "kids" to stay in the trailer with us for more than one night. This really is a small space and we like our privacy. All the grandkids are 2,000 miles away, so they do not visit.

WBCCI Life Member 5123, AIR 70341, 4CU, WD9EMC

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote