Old 10-05-2005, 10:12 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
North Central , USA
Finally, a solution!!!

I'm resurecting this thread to highlight a wonderful new Airstream dealer in Texas. It's been over 1 1/2 years but we now have our bi-fold cover as originally paid for. The only twist is it took another dealer to make it good - (remember, the dealer that sold us the trailer said 'typo', no cover, get lost... ). David Tidmore at Roger Williams Airstream in Weatherford, Texas has had our trailer in for a number of warranty issues. We talked about the cover and showed him the original sales invoice when we dropped off the trailer. When we picked it up today there it was!!!!!! That was only the beginning, as we went through the list everything was taken care, and then some. I'll start a new thread to sing their praises.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:48 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Congratulations, Ed. I'm glad you did follow-up in this thread since I was still subscribed to it and got to hear the resolution!

Old 10-06-2005, 09:13 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I am amazed at the repeated positive notes about this dealership in Texas. I think they would win Top Dealer of Airstreams hands down if such a prize were awarded--based on the praises sung about them on this forum!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:08 PM   #60
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1968 17' Caravel
Lakewood , New Jersey
The Bi-Fold Cover was Standard in 2004 but optional in 2005. It could have been stonen, borrowed or never installed by Airstream. The salesman probally was just basing his answer off of the 2005 Model Year.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #61
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeatAirstream
The Bi-Fold Cover was Standard in 2004 but optional in 2005. It could have been stonen, borrowed or never installed by Airstream. The salesman probally was just basing his answer off of the 2005 Model Year.
Though the answer is correct, the issue isn't with the answer as I see it, it's with the conflicting info that is found. Personally, this has been one of my biggest issues with Airstream....not getting everyone on the same page from the sales folks selling the units, the website, down to the brochure and even the window stickers that are out of date with wrong info. Typically I can overlook the sales folks getting it wrong or getting mixed up, things change and sometimes it's hard to keep up....even the brochures state specs subject to change without notice....but when you buy a coach, and the window sticker still has options listed on it that the unit was suppose to come with and the left hand was never told or updated to what the right hand does, that's a problem and I applaud the dealer for taking care of the customer because IMHO, he's right. Could you imagine a car manufac getting away with this practice of selling a truck with items listed on the window sticker and not having the items in the vehicle?

Our 2003 Bambi had the same issue, though it was an issue that was an upgrade...the sticker said 8 gallon black tank and the coach had an 18 gallon black tank.

Here is another example:

http://www.airstream.com/product_lin...fari_spec.html

Website says the 25' SS SE has a 39 gallon black tank......unless they modified the coach, the SS had a 18 gallon black tank with the rear bath units, yet they have the 25' SE black tank listed as 18 gallons. Also the gray tank for the SS was 39 gallons unless that too was changed. I sent them a PM months ago with this and either they did make a change to the coaches or just blew off the error.

Though the issues discussed are small things, my feeling is that if one takes the time to implement new changes, part of that process is to update the website and the window stickers at the very least (besides updating dealers with specification changes), but that's just my opinion FWIW.

BTW if we are updating our stove status, I purchased the cover for $30 some odd bucks when I was at the factory and planned on taking it with me if I upgraded to the 25' SS SE (though it now appears we might not be able to come to a deal with that and keep our 2004).
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:42 PM   #62
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1968 17' Caravel
Lakewood , New Jersey
I agree. Getting everyone on the same page would help correct the inconsistent information.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:29 PM   #63
3 Rivet Member

Stove Cover

Ed,

Why not call the factory and just order one or have the dealer do it for you.

Lee Pace
69 Overlander
72 Tradewind
WBCCI 7287
Old 10-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #64
3 Rivet Member

Our 2004 28 slide LS does not have a cover -- stainless appliances.
2004 Ford Excursion 6.0 PSD PWRSTRK,
and Brittany, the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
PWRSTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #65
2 Rivet Member

1990 25' Excella
Foley , Alabama
Send a message via Yahoo to voxmaestro Send a message via Skype™ to voxmaestro
I would like to get a stainless cover for my 4 burner Magic Chef range. From where are these covers available?