Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2004, 04:25 AM   #41
4 Rivet Member

I have a used Stainless Steel range top for sale; it measures 19&5/8" wide by 16&3/4" deep; with the 2 nobbies on top, and mounting brackets out the back.
Dick
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 06:49 AM   #42
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally posted by lynn
Stainless steel covers are not available, this is what caused the bi-fold range cover to be deleted in the o4 models .They were apparently going for the stainless look; they may be back in the future as standard.
Are there still attachment points on the newer stainless looking ovens? Also the cover that engineering told you about, is that going to be a stainless looking top or backt to the black? If a stainless top specifically for the oven were to appear, I'd buy one just for the added counter space if I didn't have to mod the heck out of the stove to attach it.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:42 AM   #43
4 Rivet Member

<If a stainless top specifically for the oven were to appear, I'd buy one just for the added counter space>
If an item is shown (therefore advertised) on the web site, and/or listed in the specs... the consumer assumes it's part of the package they are paying for. If changes are made so quickly that the company isn't able to keep up with product information, the error should favor the consumer. In the case of accessories like covers, these are not as expensive to the company as they are relative to customer satisfaction.
What if your unit came without curtains on the windows. You could be told it wasn't available for that model any more (or just today)?
Soap box off......
MaShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 12:05 PM   #44
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Speaking only for my situation, I accept that a production change was made and as such would be willing to pay for the part-- regardless what the website or the sales brochure states. I agree this can be frustrating, perhaps I've just accepted it as the way things are.....which could be wrong as well. In MaShep's case, I can see the point and it's well taken given how the expectation was far from the reality.

If Airstream chose to issue it to those that have an identified VIN that might warrant a "freebie" in the name of customer satisfaction, I'd gladly take it, if it matched the overall interior.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:58 AM   #45
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I noticed a few things sine my last post:

1) The hinges are still there for the cover (I checked my Safari)

2) Took a look at this site:
http://www.colonialairstream.com/newinventory/7318.html

Outside of the new Beach interior, I also noticed that on this particular unit, it has a black glossy oven, and it appears to also not have a stove cover. So comments received seem to indicate that the stainless look might no longer be the reason for the top delete?? Again, this is what is frustrating from the customers perspective. Told one think and finding something else...even in such a short window (Ed and Debbie called the factory on the 27th of Jan and by the 4th of Feb other things were coming off the production line).....don't get me wrong...I think the folks at Airstream are really great folks, but sometimes I wonder if the right hand of Airstream works with the left hand or even knows or is allowed to know or share what the hands do collectively.

Now I am thinking that this is a fairly new model because until this week it was not on that website and the fabrics appear to be totally new as I and a few others haven't seen it before.

This could be another production change back to the old stove and/or this unit does not appear to have the Safari upgrade package. Perhaps that could be the reason for the black stove?? Still has not top though.....

Eric
Old 02-05-2004, 07:46 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
Very Interesting

Eric,
Thanks for finding this. It is very interesting, black finish, no cover. I looked at the list of options also and it does say "bi-fold cover".

I'm not sure if our's has the hinges for the cover. The little black 'plate' on the rear of the burner is there with 2 screws holding it on, but I don't recall seeing the 'rods/hinges' for the cover. I'll have to take a closer look and get back to you on this.

I also think another call to Airstream is in order. I'd like more than a "somewhat satisfactory" answer like I first received. One way or another we would like a burner cover, stainless, black, or fuschia, just really want/need the extra counter space.

I'll get back to you, again Thanks...

-Ed
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:01 AM   #47
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Ed,

When I looked I simply looked from the front under the plate you described. There I could see what appeared to be hinges or connection points for the cover.

One note of caution when you do get the cover, be careful of how it rests against the alum blacksplash. If I recall the cover I had on the Bambi was not the softest touch when it rested against the backsplash wall. The main difference was the my '03 Bambi didn't have the alum backsplash as my '04 Safari does.

One of my concerns about not having the cover is that the heat that the alum backspash could take or be splashed on by cooking. I don't want that backsplash damaged, so I am seriously thinking of getting the cover as well the more I think about it. I'd be interested when you find out what the costs are, if any, for the cover and what Airstream's comments are with the new info found.

PM me if you don't want to post that info publically.

Thanks,

Eric
Old 02-05-2004, 08:08 AM   #48
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Eric,

FYI
On our '04 '25 Safari we have the black stove with the black bi fold cover. On the Aluminum backsplash, AS has put three small (about dime size) round clear bumpers. When the bi fold cover is raised is leans against these small bumpers. They are practically invisible on the aluminum.

Bob
rcaldwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:12 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
bumper pads

To stop the back of the bi-fold range top from hitting the stainless steel backsplash I found some very small (>1/4 " ) circular clear plastic self-stick pads/bumpers (as would keep a picture from hitting a wall,put under lamps etc.) It is hardly noticeable and very close to outlet plates. It also hides the point where it already scratched before I got the trailer.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:29 AM   #50
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Thanks for the info Bob and Carol. My comments were more to the fact of folks that might add the cover as "aftermarket". I am sure the folks at Airstream thought of this, but as it was deleted, not sure if the same tabs would be provided when the cover was purchased or given out after the fact.

Eric
Old 02-05-2004, 10:52 AM   #51
4 Rivet Member

Hi Eric... thanks for the PM and the new info. Here's the sink cover I'm seeing everywhere on 16CCDs...
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2004, 12:31 PM   #52
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
That is almost identical to what came with my Safari. The 25 C has dual sinks so I got two...one for each pan of the sink.

I am sure you could get those. Have you talked to Jim at Airstream Customer Support?

Eric
Old 02-05-2004, 12:37 PM   #53
4 Rivet Member

Not about this item, still putting things in order. I'm sure Airstream will work with me. It takes a lot of time. Contrary to appearances, I don't enjoy complaining.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
Ed,

When I looked I simply looked from the front under the plate you described. There I could see what appeared to be hinges or connection points for the cover.

One note of caution when you do get the cover, be careful of how it rests against the alum blacksplash.

I'd be interested when you find out what the costs are, if any, for the cover...
Thanks,

Eric
I just came in from looking. Our stove has the hinges/connection points for the cover. Just no cover. One way or another we will get one.

Good point re: protecting the alum. backsplash.

There are a couple of links in this thread showing a few different types available. The 'painted' ones most like the 'originals' are around $50.00, did not see the stainless type.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:38 AM   #55
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
bumper pads at Walmart

Thought I would post some specifics about the bumper pads that I used just in case it could be of use to someone, although I would like to see or order the Airstream bumpers for the stove cover. But for the purpose of quick fix tip, I purchased mine at Walmart in the hooks and hanger section. Bulldog PH-90 Picture Hanger Rubber Bumpers (16 peel-off stick-on clear round bumpers the size of a shirt button)

Quote:
Originally posted by wheel interested
To stop the back of the bi-fold range top from hitting the stainless steel backsplash I found some very small (>1/4 " ) circular clear plastic self-stick pads/bumpers (as would keep a picture from hitting a wall,put under lamps etc.) It is hardly noticeable and very close to outlet plates. It also hides the point where it already scratched before I got the trailer.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 03:44 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Just reviving this thread to see if anyone ever got an answer or found a SS folding cover. I'd like to get one for our trailer but haven't had any luck finding one. Even our dealer was unsuccessful with the factory.
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:12 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Finally, a solution!!!

I'm resurecting this thread to highlight a wonderful new Airstream dealer in Texas. It's been over 1 1/2 years but we now have our bi-fold cover as originally paid for. The only twist is it took another dealer to make it good - (remember, the dealer that sold us the trailer said 'typo', no cover, get lost... ). David Tidmore at Roger Williams Airstream in Weatherford, Texas has had our trailer in for a number of warranty issues. We talked about the cover and showed him the original sales invoice when we dropped off the trailer. When we picked it up today there it was!!!!!! That was only the beginning, as we went through the list everything was taken care, and then some. I'll start a new thread to sing their praises.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:48 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Congratulations, Ed. I'm glad you did follow-up in this thread since I was still subscribed to it and got to hear the resolution!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:13 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I am amazed at the repeated positive notes about this dealership in Texas. I think they would win Top Dealer of Airstreams hands down if such a prize were awarded--based on the praises sung about them on this forum!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:08 AM   #60
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1961 16' Bambi
1997 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Millstone Township , New Jersey
The Bi-Fold Cover was Standard in 2004 but optional in 2005. It could have been stonen, borrowed or never installed by Airstream. The salesman probally was just basing his answer off of the 2005 Model Year.