Old 09-04-2004, 08:00 PM   #71
Rivet Master
2005 25' Safari
North Central , Texas
RivetEd from Ed & Debbie

Actually this will be my 1st post as 'RivetED'...I hope ! When Debbie & I were thinking about selling our Casita & buying an Airstream I logged on to this site to obtain as much user input as quickly as I could. This was to help us determine 'if' we would buy & then which model & size. We learned a lot about our Casita this way but in almost 2 yrs. I posted <50 times.

When I opened our 'account' here I used the same screen name we had used there, Ed & Debbie, but I had no idea what a 'counter/sub-culture' we had gotten into with our Airstream. As the time has gone by our involvement has grown exponentially and along with it my use of this site, 350+ posts in 9 months. Well, with that much use, Debbie didn't many of them at all & asked me to remove her name from what were basically my posts & opinions. Go figure, Debbie has her own opinions !

So began my search for a new identity. I came up with a few but wasn't really comfortable with any and asked this forum to help me, see: 'Opinions for New ID' thread. The rest is 'History'. BTW: here are some of the ones I came up with that didn't make it; 'Tin Tent', 'Tin Top', & 'Tin Top Tent'!

That's the story..."RivetED"

RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 09:56 PM   #72
4 Rivet Member

Soon I hope to change my name to GrannyShep!

Cheers, Linda
MaShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 02:16 AM   #73
Rivet Master
1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Send a message via ICQ to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Yahoo to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Skype™ to 53flyingcloud
Thumbs up Vintage era

The name of our first A/S.. (aka 53FC)

The name of our 84 Sovereign.

Our third A/S is still un-named..
(any suggestions would be welcome'd)

WBCCI 5292 AIR 807
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:35 PM   #74
Rivet Master
1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
garden feng-shui

Mine was given to me by my friends, because I used to prattle on that I believed that in every garden everyone should have the following things:
  • two pink flamingoes
  • a buddha statue
  • a st. francis statue or "bird girl" statue
  • a garden gnome, red hat is a necessity.
I still believe it, and I'm working on it, But I never got around to getting anything else but the pink flamingoes because they're cheap...gave some to friends for housewarmings, etc. and it just seemed appropriate for this site. At first I was "airstreamhopeful" thinking I would never get one but then we DID, yeah-HOO! So I changed my name to pinkflamingos, then pinkflamin"goes" as in, there she goes! On the advice of another member.
"Let's look Death in the face and say, 'Whatever man.'"
~ Hurley

1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 03:25 PM   #75
2 Rivet Member
1964 19' Globetrotter
Bend , Oregon
This is my first post! I have E-mailed a few members for direct help and have been reading forums for a long time, gleening a wealth of information. Have owned our 64 GT for a few years, but due to selling our family home, remodeling a new one,and life getting in the way, we have just gotten back on track. Took the trailer in this spring to get the new water tank in and ended up replacing or fixing all the systems while we had the cabinets out, finally just getting it its are turn!
64-Lawncondo was stolen from my husbands Uncle Richie. Years ago when we were throwing a 40th wedding anniv. party for my in-laws.Richie and Casey volunteered to make breakfast for everyone from our lawn....."Ho-cakes from their Lawn Condo" (a tent trailer they parked in our yard) and the 64 is just the year of our Globetrotter.
By the way...where do you get nice light sconces that work on 12 volts? Can regular fixtures be re-wired to work?...........noticed alot of electrician talk so thought I'd ask!
64 Lawncondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 04:16 PM   #76
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Red face Ooops!

I just realized that I had not posted to this thread...My "handle" comes from my living in North Carolina and the "wahoo" part is two fold. One; I am a die hard UVA fan "hey, hey, UVA all the way" Which goes over reeall good in in NC and two; in my younger days there wasn't anything I wouldn't try, and if it didn't hurt too bad or kill me I probably would do it again, so the fellow I was working for at the time said I was "one crazy wahoo" so it kind of stuck.
__________________ many little time...
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 05:20 PM   #77
Smile What's in a name?

When I got out of art school ( Maryland Institute College of Art-MICA) My wife and I moved to California. In the 70's jobs in the Bay area were hard to find, especially anything related to my degree. There were people with advanced degrees working waiting tables. I got a job through a friend next door, working in a custom furniture shop.
I just viewed it as a job at first but it changed my life. Now after 35 years and doing everything from building vacation houses in Lake Placid, rehab in Baltimore,and supervising construction of Land Rover dealerships up and down the east coast. I've come full circle and am back to doing what I love the most and what it all started with, building furniture. Hence - Craftsman.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:01 PM   #78
Cartoon Character
2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Porky Pig has always been a hero to me. Perhaps it is his mild mannered nature and shy demeanor ... or his willingness to play the straight man to the wackier Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny.

Or maybe it was his jittery nervousness ... his naiveté ... his trademark stutter ... or his ability to think things through with steadfast perseverance while other cartoon characters resorted to slapstick violence.

Whatever the case may be ... everytime I see him in one of those great old WB cartoons ... I still have a good laugh.
WBCCI #3405 — Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 06:06 PM   #79
2 Rivet Member
Kill Devil Hills , North Carolina
"outer banks Deb" was given to me by my teacher and some other opera singers in New York when I went to sing an auditon. Ruben who worked with the German house auditions started referring to be as Outer Banks Deb. So now when ever I go to New York they always call me obxdeb. Because I live on the outer banks in NC and my name is Ralph. (no....Deb)
THANKS a bunch! OBX Deb
outerbanksdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:28 PM   #80
Rivet Master
2005 25' Safari
North Central , Texas
Originally Posted by MaShep
Soon I hope to change my name to GrannyShep!
Congrats MA!! My 1st grand'kid', a girl, is due in Early November ! Does that make me Ole' RivetEd?
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:01 PM   #81
1 Rivet Member
1983 31' Excella
Bemidji , Minnesota
Send a message via Yahoo to nightowlhooter1

nightowlhooter1- I had the name nightowl as a cd handle name for years. When I went to register with aol, that name was taken. I thought a nightowl hoots and I give a hoot about a lot of subjects and people. But that name was taken also. I kept adding to the name with a er. That was taken also. So I added a 1 after the name and that went through. I have went by that name for years now.
nightowlhooter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:24 PM   #82
4 Rivet Member

Hey Ed- end of nov. for ours. Congats to you, how about Ol'GrandRivet?
Cheers, Linda
MaShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:07 PM   #83
roving artists
1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Hannibal , Missouri
Great thread.

Matthew&Gigi -- pretty obvious. But you've got me to thinking, RivetED (congrats!!) - it's usually me posting, and we both try to only speak for ourselves....

everywhere else I've always gone by WorksofMan - I'm a metalsmith/jeweler/maker of some sort , inspired by architecture, old machinery, bridges, the highways, and the imperfections of mankind... Works of Man is the business name - although "business" still seems like a weird word when I make things I like and sell them for a living!

Any thoughts out there in the Airstream world?

Matthew, of Matthew&Gigi
'77 Argosy Minuet 6 metre, two travelin' cats - life is good.

shameless promotion: (this is what I do on the road...)
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:34 AM   #84
3 Rivet Member
El Paso , Texas
Send a message via AIM to aztlanco
I got my user name from my company "Aztlan Construction Co.". Aztlan was the ancient land of the Aztec indians which is believed to have existed in our South West before they migrated down to Mexico. The South West is where we conduct our construction business.

aztlanco is offline   Reply With Quote