Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2003, 06:44 PM   #61
2 Rivet Member

Welcome Happy82301......

We in the States just thought you had happy thoughts about Rawlins, Wyoming with Zip Code 82301. Congratulations to you "newlyweds".

54FlyingCloud: Self-explanatory.
54FlyingCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 06:14 AM   #62
2 Rivet Member

srgntpepper I like the Beatles and user name was restricted to a certain # of Char. so there it is. Great Thread Keep up the good work. Happy Restoring Repairing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
srgntpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 11:13 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Canoe'stream? We have enjoyed Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, river running, flyfishing, and live on the Sauk River (enters the Mississippi at St. Cloud). Susie's folks exposed us to SOB's but an Airstream is our choice for comfortable digs on streams away from home. We've been looking at used between the Rockies and Chicago. I don't have time to renovate what I have seen so far (I have learned a lot thanks to these pages and Andy!). I've gotten mighty interested in Kimili's & Silvertwinkie's purchases, so will nail down a tow vehicle here in the next couple months....

srgntpepper -- College radio stations break the mold in my opinion. I am listening to my favorite Sunday noon to 2:00PM Hillbilly Hit Parade program from San Antonio -- KSYM 90.1 FM . If you have broadband I know that this is preceded by 3 hours of original Beatles and covers -- Sundays, 9:00 to noon, central time zone. My home town comes through again!

54FlyingCloud -- Love the Scottie. We had a series of them before we got the Airedale.

Poor Royal -- Some day somebody will come up with a piratical user name. Your old name, Silver, seems like a place to start... Port Royal used to be the British navy's base on the tip of the spit protecting the harbor at Kingston, Jamaica. It was the center of anti-pirate activities and seedy at the same time. It faded after an earthquake in 1692 slid half of the town into the sea. (Source: Under the Black Flag , by David Cordingly) Map to follow:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	portroyal.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	3293  

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 12:58 AM   #64
3 Rivet Member

Ah canoe'stream -

I spent many months in Quetico, Sioux Lookout and Savant lake - gotta have that canoe atop our tow vehicle

darkStar is a Grateful Dead song, there are several of us deadheads on this forum...

I want our license plate to be 'DEAD AIR', (I used to be in broadcasting), but I haven't quite talked my wife into it yet.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:34 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Why I am a "flyfisher" is embodied in Robert Traver's "Testament of a Fisherman":

"I fish because I love to: because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful, and hate the environs where crowds of people are found, which are invariably ugly; because of all the television commercials, cocktail parties, and assorted social posturing I thus escape; because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quitude and humility and endless patience; because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time and I for one don't want to waste the trip; because mercifully there are no telephones on trout waters; because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness; because burbon out of an old tin cup tastes better out there; because maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and, finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant - and not nearly so much fun."

Come to think of it, much of this is also what I like about camping.

John
Old 09-29-2003, 07:21 PM   #66
BDBLUEGRASS

1975 31' Sovereign
HEBER SPRINGS , Arkansas
MY WIFE AND I BOTH PLAY BLUEGRASS MUSIC, MANDOLIN AND GUITARS. B .AND D IS THE FIRST LETTER OF OUR FIRST NAME.

BDBLUEGRASS

BILLY AND DIANE
bdbluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:27 PM   #67
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Flyfisher - that is by far my favorite Traver passage. It applies and covers many things, both important and unimportant. Once last year while I was out in the middle of a remote lake in Arizona's White Mountains, 50 or so miles from any type of town, someone's cell phone rang. I couldn't believe it. What was so important? Traver's line: "because mercifully there are no telephones on trout waters" haunted me. He would have been appauled. Come to think of it, that ringing phone put the fish off for the rest of the day

flyfshr

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 04:22 PM   #68
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
My wife, family, and I are avid Disney fans. We travel from our metro-Atlanta home to Walt Disney World from three to five times a year combining five or six days at "the World" with a three to four day visit with my parents who live about an hour and half north of Orlando. I post on a Disney forum (the Dis) under the name Minnie's Mate; I figured Mickey Mouse had already been taken. My wife post on the same forum under the name Mickey's Mate for obvious reasons. Occasionally, I have been mistaken for a Minnie on that board, but usually people get it right the second time they read it.

I thought it would be easier to keep things straight if I used the same moniker on all forums on the net.

Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #69
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Curious about forum user names

Several years ago when I first "chose" the screen name overlander64, it seemed natural to go with the model and year of my coach - - especially since it was the coach that sparked my interest in RVing back in 1964. Back in 1996, I hadn't even thought about the possibility of owning a second Airstream product but the Overlander will likely be with me as long as I travel (it is five years younger than I am). Recently, my father told an acquaintance that the Overlander would likely be around at least as long as my first car that resides in our garage - - a 1965 Dodge Coronet 500 convertible that I have owned for more than 30 years (purchased while I was in high school).

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 05:56 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Flyfisher and Flyfshr, thanks, both of you. Quoted well and well reflected upon. Our "maxandgeorgia" declares our unity more than our philosophy, but your statements could be ours
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 08:00 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
RivetEd from Ed & Debbie

Actually this will be my 1st post as 'RivetED'...I hope ! When Debbie & I were thinking about selling our Casita & buying an Airstream I logged on to this site to obtain as much user input as quickly as I could. This was to help us determine 'if' we would buy & then which model & size. We learned a lot about our Casita this way but in almost 2 yrs. I posted <50 times.

When I opened our 'account' here I used the same screen name we had used there, Ed & Debbie, but I had no idea what a 'counter/sub-culture' we had gotten into with our Airstream. As the time has gone by our involvement has grown exponentially and along with it my use of this site, 350+ posts in 9 months. Well, with that much use, Debbie didn't many of them at all & asked me to remove her name from what were basically my posts & opinions. Go figure, Debbie has her own opinions !

So began my search for a new identity. I came up with a few but wasn't really comfortable with any and asked this forum to help me, see: 'Opinions for New ID' thread. The rest is 'History'. BTW: here are some of the ones I came up with that didn't make it; 'Tin Tent', 'Tin Top', & 'Tin Top Tent'!

That's the story..."RivetED"
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 09:56 PM   #72
4 Rivet Member

Talking

Soon I hope to change my name to GrannyShep!
Old 09-05-2004, 02:16 AM   #73
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up Vintage era

53flyingcloud:
The name of our first A/S.. (aka 53FC)

SilverTurtle:
The name of our 84 Sovereign.

64GT:
Our third A/S is still un-named..
(any suggestions would be welcome'd)

ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:35 PM   #74
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
garden feng-shui

Mine was given to me by my friends, because I used to prattle on that I believed that in every garden everyone should have the following things:
  • two pink flamingoes
  • a buddha statue
  • a st. francis statue or "bird girl" statue
  • a garden gnome, red hat is a necessity.
I still believe it, and I'm working on it, But I never got around to getting anything else but the pink flamingoes because they're cheap...gave some to friends for housewarmings, etc. and it just seemed appropriate for this site. At first I was "airstreamhopeful" thinking I would never get one but then we DID, yeah-HOO! So I changed my name to pinkflamingos, then pinkflamin"goes" as in, there she goes! On the advice of another member.

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 03:25 PM   #75
2 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Bend , Oregon
This is my first post! I have E-mailed a few members for direct help and have been reading forums for a long time, gleening a wealth of information. Have owned our 64 GT for a few years, but due to selling our family home, remodeling a new one,and life getting in the way, we have just gotten back on track. Took the trailer in this spring to get the new water tank in and ended up replacing or fixing all the systems while we had the cabinets out, finally just getting it back.....now its are turn!
64-Lawncondo was stolen from my husbands Uncle Richie. Years ago when we were throwing a 40th wedding anniv. party for my in-laws.Richie and Casey volunteered to make breakfast for everyone from our lawn....."Ho-cakes from their Lawn Condo" (a tent trailer they parked in our yard) and the 64 is just the year of our Globetrotter.
By the way...where do you get nice light sconces that work on 12 volts? Can regular fixtures be re-wired to work?...........noticed alot of electrician talk so thought I'd ask!
64 Lawncondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 04:16 PM   #76
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Red face Ooops!

I just realized that I had not posted to this thread...My "handle" comes from my living in North Carolina and the "wahoo" part is two fold. One; I am a die hard UVA fan "hey, hey, UVA all the way" Which goes over reeall good in in NC and two; in my younger days there wasn't anything I wouldn't try, and if it didn't hurt too bad or kill me I probably would do it again, so the fellow I was working for at the time said I was "one crazy wahoo" so it kind of stuck.
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 05:20 PM   #77
Craftsman

Smile What's in a name?

When I got out of art school ( Maryland Institute College of Art-MICA) My wife and I moved to California. In the 70's jobs in the Bay area were hard to find, especially anything related to my degree. There were people with advanced degrees working waiting tables. I got a job through a friend next door, working in a custom furniture shop.
I just viewed it as a job at first but it changed my life. Now after 35 years and doing everything from building vacation houses in Lake Placid, rehab in Baltimore,and supervising construction of Land Rover dealerships up and down the east coast. I've come full circle and am back to doing what I love the most and what it all started with, building furniture. Hence - Craftsman.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:01 PM   #78
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Porky Pig has always been a hero to me. Perhaps it is his mild mannered nature and shy demeanor ... or his willingness to play the straight man to the wackier Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny.

Or maybe it was his jittery nervousness ... his naiveté ... his trademark stutter ... or his ability to think things through with steadfast perseverance while other cartoon characters resorted to slapstick violence.

Whatever the case may be ... everytime I see him in one of those great old WB cartoons ... I still have a good laugh.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 — Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 06:06 PM   #79
2 Rivet Member

Kill Devil Hills , North Carolina
"outer banks Deb" was given to me by my teacher and some other opera singers in New York when I went to sing an auditon. Ruben who worked with the German house auditions started referring to be as Outer Banks Deb. So now when ever I go to New York they always call me obxdeb. Because I live on the outer banks in NC and my name is Ralph. (no....Deb)
Old 09-05-2004, 09:28 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaShep
Soon I hope to change my name to GrannyShep!
Congrats MA!! My 1st grand'kid', a girl, is due in Early November ! Does that make me Ole' RivetEd?
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote