Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2012, 05:15 AM   #221
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Indian Harbor Beach , Florida
Got our Airstream when the kids flew the nest...but our "kidsgone" should be changed to "kids came back, moved in with us, but have jobs and pay rent, saving $ to move out", but thats to long .......oh well, we're still spending their inheritance
kidsgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #222
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
I figured mine would be obvious from my signature pic, but maybe not to those not into bikes.

My current motorcycle is an 1800cc Honda GoldWING.

The last part of my nickname relates to the fact that my good lady wife often reminds me that I am no longer a "Spring chicken!" some might say a Geezer. Concocted this name when I got the latest bike in 2006.

Brian.

Brian

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #223
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
"Cloudsplitter".....Native American translation referencing the Adirondack area of NYS, our favorite camping area.

Just seemed appropriate.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	piseco_20lake_20julyaug_202009_20129.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	149583  
Old 01-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #224
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Weeki Wachee , Florida
my name is frank polise and a friend decided frankie for frank and polise sounds like police and a nickname for police is five o. Hence the frankiefiveo.
Frankiefiveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #225
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Moto Guzzi motorcycles and how I drove a sidecar rig down the road [zigzag.] Friends thought the zigzag came from them calling me zz for zz top. jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #226
2 Rivet Member

1984 31' Sovereign
1978 Argosy 24
Zavalla , Texas
Orlop is the deck below the waterline on a British Ship man-o war in the glory days of sail. It was usually used as the surgery deck in time of battle.
Orlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #227
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
SuperTrouper

I ve never seen this thread since we joined so I’m glad someone dredged it out of the mothballs.
I was thinking about a name for our new addition which is our first (we went directly from tents to the AS.) I didn’t want to pick a woman’s name as my wife would always have question.
<Late night in camp, just about to fall asleep listening to the crickets >
Wife:“honey, why did you name the trailer Sally?”,
Me:<yawning> “ I dunno honey, I don’t remember any Sally who lived on East 76th st APT 3D …DOH!”

So, I thought about it a while and came up with a name that ties in with my past work as well as our current situation.

No, not the silly film or law enforcement (that’s “trooper”)
Not the ABBA song or album, although they borrowed the name from the same place I did.

Definitions
troupe [truːp]n
(Performing Arts / Theatre) a company of actors or other performers, esp one that travels
(Performing Arts / Theatre) (intr) (esp of actors) to move or travel in a group
troup•er noun \ˈtrü-pər\
1. a member of a troupe; especially : actor
2 a person who deals with and persists through difficulty or hardship without complaint <you're a real trouper to wait so long>

First, we travel as a family of five or six when we travel and as we have two teens, there is usually a lot of drama associated with our travels in the AS.

Second, I’ve been in the entertainment business all my life starting in live production and ending up (so far) in motion picture and broadcast exhibition. My earliest and most gratifying work was working live shows that came through town as a local union member (I still have my card). I usually worked the load in, show and load out as an electrician. During the show I was usually placed on the follow spotlight. My favorite follow spotlight is a Carbon Arc Strong Super Trouper. Beautifully balanced, you could follow an actor 120 (or 400 for that matter) feet away smoothly and accurately which is impressive considering the lamp's size. When I moved to New York I had the occasion to work with the granddaddy spotlight of them all, the Hall and Connoly FR-10 at Radio City but the lamp isn’t as pretty and the name leaves something to be desired.

So: SuperTrouper is her name, shining and towing light and easy is her game. She’s part of our troupe!

Brad
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ST1.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	149588   Click image for larger version

Name:	ST2.PNG
Views:	115
Size:	901.1 KB
ID:	149589  

SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #228
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Protagonist was originally going to be the name of my future "pocket yacht" suitable for living aboard part-time after I retire. Among live-aboard boaters, you become known by your boat name more so than your own name, and I was strongly advised to select a boat name that would not embarrass me if shouted out loud on the docks when someone was trying to get my attention. After checking a list of thousands of boat names on file at BoatUS, Protagonist was the only name I liked that no one was already using. Plus, the boat's dinghy could have been called "Sidekick" in the same vein, in order to scrape a bit of unnecessary dignity off the boat's name.

After foot surgery involving the implatation of numberous metal pins, plates, and other assorted hardware that would give me problems trying to stand and walk on a moving deck, I switched to my fall-back plan of buying an RV instead of a boat. The boat name was too good to give up entirely, though, so I kept it as my forum username. Now that I'm calling myself "Protagonist" on the forums, maybe my Airstream Interstate should be named "Sidekick"?
Old 01-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #229
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Visalia , California
ThreeFingers--I have only three fingers on my right hand, ThreeFingers started years ago, my salt water fishing boat got the name via friends calling me (call name) on my marine radio, so the boat was named by my friends, I thought it would be a good name on the forum.
ThreeFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #230
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Mr Toad 'cos the missus always calls me a toad and the UK because, well, I'm from the UK. Not very exciting, unlike me, of course.

"You can't tow that with that!"

https://sites.google.com/view/towedhaul/home
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #231
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Saline , Michigan
My site name goshawks00 comes from two things... First I'm a raptor breeder( propagator ) with my favorite raptor being goshawks. The 00 is the first year I became 'puter literate ( at least a little ) BTW the second photo is my avatar..

Barry
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1233 (Medium).JPG
Views:	102
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	149609  
Attached Images

goshawks00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #232
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Oak Creek , Colorado
Dingo Girl comes from my love of my dog, an Austrailian Blue Heeler which are said to be part Dingo. You cant deny the Dingo!!
Dingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #233
flygrrl

1962 19' Globetrotter
Winchester , Ontario
Fly, well, I am a part of a study on fireflies with the Museum of Science Boston, even though I live in Ontario. We have millions and millions of fireflies in the fields around my house. In June, at dusk, you can stand in the yard or side field and the WHOLE WORLD is twinkling, it is; drop dead, open mouth, I can't believe this is happening, awsome. I had a visitor from Ireland here this last June who said the experience made his whole trip worthwhile and that he would be dining out for months on this story.
Grrl, sounds a little growlier and has more street cred than 'girl' and I am now a grandmother, girl seemed a little far-fetched.
Leonie
flygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #234
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
When I was first researching Airstreams, I had a question, so I had to join the Forum. I had no idea of a name, but when I had to come up with a name for Trip Advisor years before, I remembered a friend who used Crawfordel.... as part of her e-mail address (full name not disclosed). Crawford is the nearest town. I was devoid of originality and so I used the same name I used on Trip Advisor where I have ravaged many a bad restaurant. Some people think Crawford is my last name, but it isn't.

I could change it if I could come up with a better name, but it doesn't feel very important. I'm sure some have some suggestions for me, but they may be unacceptable on a family forum. It took me years to put up an avatar. I kind of wonder if people think that is my photo or my wife's. I have to get around to changing that some day too.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #235

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
When I joined the forums, I lived in San Antonio, TX and had no plans to relocate... so I made a junior-data-geek error and chose an intrinsic value that wasn't permanent as part of my ID. My initials are DKB, and I lived at the time in SATX....

Most of the other things I come up with are equally obscure, so I've just left well-enough alone.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #236
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
Hmmm this is really hard to figure out so I will explain. Rich is my first name. I live in Southern California. I had to shorten to SCal to get all the letters in.

I wish it was more meaningful, but everytime I join a new forum I rush to come up with a name. This one I have used before in different variations.

If I move, I guess I will have to change it. (unless I move to South CAroLina, maybe?)
Rich of SCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #237
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
I have always wondered when I see the names....how cool to have so many explained.
Mine stands for Chuck And Skye Anderson (CASA). (or chuck anderson, skye anderson). 3805 is our house number, it is also our WBCCI number so it seemed to work. But now that Skye has her own login name on the forums, she saw me spending hours on here and the old "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" thing kicked in, maybe I should rethink it. ca3805, 3805ca...nah
I'll stick with casa3805. But I am quite willing to change a signature or an avatar now and then..

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #238
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Yakima , Washington
In my warped vision of the world around me, (I don't use warped in a pejorative sense here, I like my world view), I look at some of the vintage AS's and they remind me of a dirigible, and my '97 safari is a 25 footer, hence dirigible25
dirigible25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #239
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
(Me) "Hi, my name is Ken and I have an Airstream problem."
(Support Group) "Hi Ken"
Four Corners Unit WBCCI #5783
Alumaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #240
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
texas longhorn bull

one of the texas longhorn bulls i bred and raised....kingfisher, his private brand was 24/8...a number...and the year of birth, in this case 1988...he is long gone, but not forgotten
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote