Originally Posted by featherbedder
I agree never to old to learn, as I learn some thing new every day and apply if fits my use or needs. But when I only have Verizon mi-fi jet pak at $49.95 for 5 gigs then $10.00 per gig after and getting 100 plus face book a day and numerous pics. or I'm at such and such place plus all other garbage with this social media, it would run into hundreds and hundreds of $ per mo. plus I don't believe in texting also can run hundreds of $ per mo. plus fatal and accidents injuries caused by goof balls texting while driving and illegal to do so. My neighbor sets on one end of dav. daughter other end texts each other daughters text bill run over $600.00 per mo. plus fathers bill. I'm not missing a thing when Email, telephone or other media will not take my money needlessly, money that I need for essentials. I'm not living in 19th century as I'm very up on technology, and do not deny technology, just stooped use of things not needed, so I would not qualify as a luddite. I would like to clear up I do not have any other source for internet in my area, no dsl no micro wave only satlite that is exp. and doesn't work most of time or slows down to crawl when mo. allowance is reached. Bill
I'm not a FB user either. I was, but canceled my account. To many people knowing my business.
One does not have to use FB to be able to find courtesy overnight parking. It easy as:
1. Click on the "Community" tab at the top of the page. On the drop down list select "Member List"
2. When the Member List page opens click on the "Search Members" tab. On the drop down select "Advance Search".
3. When the Advance Search page opens fill in the "State" location. Then click on the "Courtesy Parking" tab and select "yes". This will give a list all forum members in that state that offer courtesy parking.
It took me about 15 seconds to do this search. I found in NC where I am right now there are about 25 forum members that offer overnight courtesy parking.
4. After finding an appropriate location, click that forum member's "user name" from the list. That member's Profile page will open. Select "About Me" tab. Near the bottom of the page there is a place that a member can describe the parking place that is offered (length, water, sewer, electric, etc)
5. If you find a place that is suitable, click on "Contact Info" tab. From there select "Send a message via e-mail to ______" to ask if their space is available.
It easy and takes less than a minute.