Old 09-15-2016, 08:37 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by featherbedder View Post
I agree never to old to learn, as I learn some thing new every day and apply if fits my use or needs. But when I only have Verizon mi-fi jet pak at $49.95 for 5 gigs then $10.00 per gig after and getting 100 plus face book a day and numerous pics. or I'm at such and such place plus all other garbage with this social media, it would run into hundreds and hundreds of $ per mo. plus I don't believe in texting also can run hundreds of $ per mo. plus fatal and accidents injuries caused by goof balls texting while driving and illegal to do so. My neighbor sets on one end of dav. daughter other end texts each other daughters text bill run over $600.00 per mo. plus fathers bill. I'm not missing a thing when Email, telephone or other media will not take my money needlessly, money that I need for essentials. I'm not living in 19th century as I'm very up on technology, and do not deny technology, just stooped use of things not needed, so I would not qualify as a luddite. I would like to clear up I do not have any other source for internet in my area, no dsl no micro wave only satlite that is exp. and doesn't work most of time or slows down to crawl when mo. allowance is reached. Bill
I'm not a FB user either. I was, but canceled my account. To many people knowing my business.

One does not have to use FB to be able to find courtesy overnight parking. It easy as:
1. Click on the "Community" tab at the top of the page. On the drop down list select "Member List"
2. When the Member List page opens click on the "Search Members" tab. On the drop down select "Advance Search".
3. When the Advance Search page opens fill in the "State" location. Then click on the "Courtesy Parking" tab and select "yes". This will give a list all forum members in that state that offer courtesy parking.

It took me about 15 seconds to do this search. I found in NC where I am right now there are about 25 forum members that offer overnight courtesy parking.

4. After finding an appropriate location, click that forum member's "user name" from the list. That member's Profile page will open. Select "About Me" tab. Near the bottom of the page there is a place that a member can describe the parking place that is offered (length, water, sewer, electric, etc)
5. If you find a place that is suitable, click on "Contact Info" tab. From there select "Send a message via e-mail to ______" to ask if their space is available.

It easy and takes less than a minute.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Adairsville , Georgia
Seems complicated lol. I like having my Facebook group.... you click on a nap and click on where you want to stay and you see what's available. I can navigate facebook a lot easier than I can air forums. Plus think of all the users on Facebook that aren't on air forums. And vice versa. You have access to more sites who aren't listed on here. It's very beneficial to have both. And with Facebook you don't HAVE TO post . No one is holding a knife to your throat saying do it or die.... you choose what you see and you see and you choose what you put out there. My father in law and grandmother have Facebook strictly for following family members and seeing photos of babies. They post ZERO. I don't even know they've been on there till "I love that photo of the girls...."

1 Happy Life
tin.can.twinkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:18 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Adairsville , Georgia
By "nap" I mean map
1 Happy Life
Old 09-15-2016, 09:38 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
I'm Jeff Holaday.
Thanks

We have a small farm near Mark Twain Lake in NE Missouri. Also not too far from Hannibal Missouri.
Parking there, or at our place near St Louis. I'm not a big Facebook person, but I have an account. My daughter (journalism degree, and new mother of twins) keeps our whole family updated, plus her millions of friends, though FB. So I check it daily.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:27 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
Gettingaway,

Just spent several days in MO on various highway and byways. It was beautiful, friendly and humid.

Drove:
36 west to east
100 and 94 east to Hermann
63 and 19 south to Rolla
44 to Springfield
65 south to Conway Arkansas

What a great trip.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 04:43 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
Gettingaway,

Just spent several days in MO on various highway and byways. It was beautiful, friendly and humid.

Drove:
36 west to east
100 and 94 east to Hermann
63 and 19 south to Rolla
44 to Springfield
65 south to Conway Arkansas

What a great trip.
You hit some of our better roads. I always try to use 36 to cross Mo instead of I-70, with the 10,000 18 wheelers. We've had some exceptionally humid days this summer. Weird. After 36 to Hannibal, did you take 79 (river road) down to St Louis? Glad you had a great trip!
I'll be flying into Mesa in Feb. (my Dad's 90th. celebrating my Mom's 91st this weekend..)
Old 09-16-2016, 08:08 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
GettinAway,

Good eye. We actually took 61 south from your Hannibal to Lake St Louis. We wanted to stop and meet the inspector who had facilitated our buying the 61 Globetrotter.

We looked at River Rd and all its offerings and realized we would be stopping every couple of
minutes to take in another vista and decided to save it for the next trip.

Have a safe trip out here and enjoy your family celebration. Our weather has finally turned a bit and is not SO hot.

It's a wonderfully small world sometimes. We were just in your town, your coming to ours, we don't know each other and struck up s side comment on s unrelated thread. 😊

Sorry for the hijack.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:00 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Adairsville , Georgia
Hijack away! It keeps the thread bumped to the top! Haha. Funny side note.... my husbands family is from St Louis! What's that about a small world????
1 Happy Life
Old 09-19-2016, 05:06 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri

Hey, I'm just glad someone has a few positive things to say about St Louis. It's now become our home town after getting transferred here many years ago. We haven't had a lot of positive press in recent years.
Looking forward to getting back to AZ in Feb! Maybe even get to play a round of golf.