Old 09-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

Tehachapi , California
Earthbound Dillon photos

I have been asked to post a few photos of our new Earthbound Dillon. Here goes nothing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8270239.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	464.4 KB
ID:	110050   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8270240.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	110051  

Name:	P8270244.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	110052  

Old 09-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #30
Full Timers/Diesel power.

1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
That trailer is a Airstream product?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0200.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	110053  

Old 09-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #31
1 Rivet Member

Tehachapi , California
No sir, I was requested to post a few photos of my new Earthbound Dillon because a few folks have shown interest in this particular SOB.
Regards,
Kirk
Old 09-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkBoy View Post
No sir, I was requested to post a few photos of my new Earthbound Dillon because a few folks have shown interest in this particular SOB.
Regards,
Kirk
Hi, thank you for posting the pictures, and I hope you get many years of camping enjoyment out of it.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
Frederick , Maryland
Robert, I know you and I were going back and forth a bit about these on RV.net, I must say I kind of like the interior design, but I still need to cruise up to Hanover and check one out. I also kind of like the exterior too, sort of a "euro" look. Of course I prefer the classic Airstream look myself. I thank the purchaser for posting the picks. I hope you update this thread from time to time so we can see how you make out. With the problems folks have with newer Airstreams, I don't blame you for making this choice. I guess time will tell if it was a good one!
AM Solar Panels 150W - 2 Trojan T 105 6V Batteries
TAC MD-6
AIR 4534

On internet forums, please research and separate the wheat from the chaff (including mine!)
Soyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
I felt like I was cheating on my Airstream

We saw our first Earthbound yesterday. It was spectacular! Our local Airstream dealer is also selling Earthbounds. It seemed as though the company cruises all the RV forums and heard people's biggest complaints. It exceeded our expectations by far.

The window are thermopane, which are welcome in cold climates. They are European: awning style with a built in blind. All interior walls, including the bathroom walls are aluminum. The ceiling is vinyl. The fit and finish are excellent. We especially liked the cabinetry, which has already been described in this thread. I wasn't as impressed by the 3 decors. With such funky cabinetry, I would expect more hip fabrics. (If they are following this thread: no brocade nor valances, please.)

The exterior was a dream come true for those of us who regularly get hit by hail. Also, the seams are joined differently than other SOBs so that it is far less likely for water to get in (but if it does, hey, there's not wood to rot!)

Sure, it didn't look as cool as our Airstream, but it was packed full of features and quality in a way lighter trailer. I wish Airstream and Earthbound could join to make the world's most awesome trailer. We viewed the 29' Copper Mountain, which weighed closed to our 23' CCD, yet they didn't seem to cheap out on anything. You can even order one with cork floors! My favourite!

Anyway, Paul was ready to trade in our CCD. I am still too loyal to my shiny little silver egg. I collected Airstream memorabilia for many years before we actually owned an Airstream. Nevertheless, we've spent many hours discussing the pros and cons of this sweet newcomer on the market.

Two thumbs up for the Earthbound! (And to my CCD: Don't worry, we still love you.)

Lisa

2008 23' Int. CCD "The Atomic Pod" https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2002 Chinook Destiny | 1973 13' Boler (fiberglass egg) "The Boiler"
WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #35
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
I think that this statement will catch the notice of a lot of AS owners:

Because of the structural integrity and quality of materials utilized in each Earthbound RV, our RV's will feature a 3 year, limited** warranty. A warranty never before attained by other manufacturers. Most other manufacturers would not think of offering a warranty like this in fear of rot or mildew issues from water intrusion into the wood in their units. There is virtually no wood in an Earthbound RV structure, and our Composite roof, floor, and sidewalls are rot-proof!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #36
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
WOW interesting. Never knew they made those. Looks like great quality.

Hard to leave Airstream, though.

Shane

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Tow Vehicle" 2011 Superduty Diesel!!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
walnut , California
When the first time I went to see my 2008 27 fb at airstream dealer, I saw the Earthbound right next to Airstream. The exterior attracted my wife right away. There were only one model displayed at the dealership and we liked the design (both inside and outside) a lot. We were almost going to buy it . After went home we did some research. I found out it's a brand new company. We didn't find any reviews of this company. Then we went back to the dealership and check out the Earthbound again. This time we spent some extra time to check out the details inside. We noticed that the doors of the cabinets are very weak, some of the screws even came out already. The lights in the bathroom are wobbling when we just touch it a little bit. The materials seems not sturdy at all. Also there are very little storage rooms. Overall there is no comparison between these two brands on quality. I do like the design but that is about the only thing I like of Earthbound. Even they provide three years warranty, I don't want to go through too much hassle, which i believe there will be a lot of problems. I think the company target the airstream buyer who like contemporary designs so they chose airstream dealer to display their trailer. If you are really like those, you probably should wait awhile until they make some major improvements on their quality.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:27 AM   #38
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
walnut , California
Another thing forget to mention the second time back to the dealership was really hot day . Both trailer's ac was off only turned on the fan . Airstream was way much cooler .
Old 01-10-2011, 07:17 AM   #39
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Let us know in 50 yrs. how its holding up. Sal.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #40

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
I think it's just a personal choice. When I was looking at campers nothing looked good to me except Airstream. I looked at EB but the interiors looked to cheap to me. I like the simplicity of AS and the CCD, for a 19' trailer it seems big inside and when I need a bigger unit the 25 looks huge! I also like the aluminum better than fiber glass or molded plastic. A little wax and she looks new, no fading graphics etc.

It's kinda like the Chevy Ford debate, people like what they like!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #41
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
I think it's just a personal choice. When I was looking at campers nothing looked good to me except Airstream. I looked at EB but the interiors looked to cheap to me. I like the simplicity of AS and the CCD, for a 19' trailer it seems big inside and when I need a bigger unit the 25 looks huge! I also like the aluminum better than fiber glass or molded plastic. A little wax and she looks new, no fading graphics etc.

It's kinda like the Chevy Ford debate, people like what they like!

I agree, the Ford being the Airstream.

Shane

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Tow Vehicle" 2011 Superduty Diesel!!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #42

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
You should do a Ford commercial! I like giving you a hard time. My father in law just bought an F350 quad cab diesel loaded! I don't think he paid full price, he said new was cheaper than a used one.

blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote