The karma system of our community is system that allows users to give each other (or take away) karma points based on user's posts. The amount of points added (or subtracted) varies based on the "influence or reputation" of the person giving feedback. A members "influence or reputation power" is based on a formula that is detailed below.
More detail will be added over time as questions and answers are discussed in this thread.
A member's "influence or reputation power" is based on the following formula:
- 1 point for each year of membership
- 1 point for each 250 posts
- 1 point for every 50 karma points you earn
The amount of karma you earn (or loose) is based on the "influence or reputation power" of the person giving you feedback. So if a member has an "influence or reputation power" of 8 and they give you good karma then your karma increases by 8 points.
Here are other rules
- You can only give 10 people karma per day
- You have to give 10 different people karma before you can give the same member karma again
- All members have 10 karma points by default
- If a member has less then 5 karma points their "karma hits" do not count towards any other members until they get their karma back above 5.
- A member must post at least once before their "karma hits" count toward other. So if a member has never posted, they can still leave karma but it wont have any effect on the user.
As I stated above, more details will be added to this post over time to create a well worded explanation of how the system works. Mods/Admins, feel free to edit this post if you have a better way of explaining things..