Old 05-24-2005, 09:12 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
may the amrak be with you......
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:11 AM   #30
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R
then figure out a way to reward those with good karma...
I smell a Scooby Snack coming!

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 12:52 PM   #31
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Post The reward of good karma is...good karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R
It seems like the karma system is working pretty smoothly. In a few months we should be stablized and then figure out a way to reward those with good karma...
Its a reward in itself learning from all the kind and helpful folks in this forum community!

Be happy and safe, may your hearts be filled with joy!
Old 05-24-2005, 06:58 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
happy happy joy joy........

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 07:26 AM   #33
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcharles2
I'm headed for Border's to buy a new dictionary, Walgreen's for Zyprexa refill, and then purgatory.
Dr. C.
Dr. C, your tongue-in-cheek approach brings a smile to my day.

Zyprexa

ZYPREXA is the brand name for a medication approved for the treatment of schizophrenia, for maintenance of treatment response in schizophrenia, for treatment of acute mania associated with bipolar I disorder in patients displaying a manic or mixed episode as monotherapy and in combination therapy with both divalproex and lithium, as well as maintenance treatment in bipolar disorder. The scientific name for ZYPREXA is olanzapine. Full prescribing information for ZYPREXA is available on this Web site or from your doctor.

ZYPREXA belongs to a large category of medications that affect the mind, called psychotropics. Antipsychotic medicines are psychotropic medications that treat the symptoms of psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia. ZYPREXA is a newer kind of antipsychotic medication known as an atypical antipsychotic.

ZYPREXA is believed to work by balancing the chemicals naturally found in the brain. ZYPREXA may help relieve your symptoms so you feel better. As your symptoms improve, you will be better able to start getting your life back on track.

P.S.
I just gave you positive karma for your post!

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:08 AM   #34
Air # 3974

1986 34' Excella
south bend , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to drcharles2 Send a message via Yahoo to drcharles2
Old threads never die

Dear Yukionna,
Thanks for being nice (like positive feedback on e-bay, I'm the Rhinestone Poster, gettin' cards and letters from people I don't even know). I'm admiring the rear end photo of your 54. We are currently on a caravan, perhaps even near you, and I'm parked adjacent to the 1955 A/S "Bubble" of John and Esther Dona.
Are you in New England Unit, Canadian division ?

Our current location is Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia. If you would like to join along, you may bookmark my web blog at the following address.
< HTTP://GOLDENCARAVAN.BLOGSPOT.COM >

Pictures of the Donas' bubble appear there. Blogging in Canada has not been easy as I don't have mobile internet and have to find wi-fi, usually in the parking lots of places like Holiday Inn Express, or the Comfort Inn. It's seems like I'm stealing a signal which is not at all comforting, but most of the places are very accomodating when asked politely. Some even offer coffee, bagels and fruit. I feel like such a whore, but it beats spending $5 Canadian at Tim Horton's.

I have made some comments about the Canucks that were not received so kindly in Quebec, I think, by a newspaper, Le Soleil. Not certain because the response was all in French. What does merde' mean ?

Are you the Lilly representative ? And what if I had threatened to take Zoloft instead ?

Cheers,
Dr. C.
drcharles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:20 AM   #35
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Angry

Quote:
What does merde' mean ?
Cheers,
Dr. C.
It means the French-Canadiens think you are a great guy, for an American.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:27 AM   #36
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Dr. Charles

Stay with the Zyprexa, It's more fun than Zoloft.

Marie
Old 08-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #37
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Are you in New England Unit, Canadian division ?
Yes, I'm in the New England Unit which is one of the six units within Region One. The Canadian Atlantic and Quebec Canada are the two Region One units from Canada.

Will your caravan put you in Quebec this week (8/24 - 8/28)? I'm asking because I will be in Quebec attending the annual Region One rally in Trois Rivieres Quebec that week. From reading your blog, it looks like you have already visited Quebec and are on your way to Gaspe that week.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:10 AM   #38
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
charlotte , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomW
Ya know, I wouldn't mind just a little more guidance on negative karma.

To me, everyone has a right to post their opinion whether or not I think it agrees with the way I view the topic. There is one Rivet Master in particular though who, I feel, seldom adds anything useful to the subject at hand. Although seldom out of line, even though his posts generally annoy me, it is his right to post what is on his mind.

Then there is another five-riveter who appears to take offense if a dissenting viewpoint is presented. He also dances on the edge of posting a personal attack on some people. I don't much appreciate his footwork, and have seen threads closed due to his perception of what is important. I would have sanctioned him earlier.
Tom
Tom, you're my hero for today for making this post. Welcome to the real world of ORGANIZED ANYTHING. Politics, Power, Control, and jockeying for position.
I personally have a fundamental deep-seated belief in "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Unfortunately, not all folks share this view.
Some folks have an inner need to be "king of the hill" in everything. Usually due to poor self esteem. In reality (and ideally), this place should function exactly at face value...as a FORUM...a casual place where people can meet, make friends, share knowledge, and have fun with others with like interests. period.
You get karm from me just for speaking up.
I'll probably get dinged just for speaking truthfully.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:14 PM   #39
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
Quote:
To me, everyone has a right to post their opinion whether or not I think it agrees with the way I view the topic. Tom
I agree. In fact I would be in favor of eliminating the ability of one member to subtract karma from another. It usually results in hurt feelings, anger or a pi--ing contest, you know, the contest where everyone involved gets wet. If you leave negative karma for someone, they are naturally going to feel insulted and be tempted to retaliate, justified or not.
Karma points are reputation points and we all want, or should want, a good reputation.
The risk of personal feuds on these forums should be avoided, IMHO.
It's nice to have the ability to reward good posts with positive karma, but do we really need the ability to privately impugn another member's reputation if we disagree with their comments? We have the ability and the right to respond publicly to comments we don't like (politely), ignore them or report posts to moderators if we find them especially offensive.
How will we feel if we have tarnished someone's reputation on these forums, then later meet them in person?
Remember when your momma said "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all"? Mommas are very smart people. C'mon kids, let's turn those frowns upside down.
As the karma awarding system stands now, anyone could leave bad karma for me as payback for any perceived wrong they feel I have commited here or elsewhere. Heck, someone could join up here just to leave bad karma for any member they have a grudge with.
I say we should accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative.
Wtite a good post....get a reward, write a bad post....get no reward and run the risk of being sent to the corner by a moderator.

May you camp where wind wonít hit you, where snakes wonít bite and bears wonít git you.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:32 PM   #40
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikagurl
Id absolutely sworn off message boards and chats LONG ago for the simple reason that writing/emailing can be extremely misleading at times. When you cannot hear a person's voice pattern, tone, inflection...very easy to misconstrue(sp?) the meaning.
Response:
I absolutly agree. I think the majority of problems on the forum stem from that issue. I appreciate your understanding
Agreed. Before tempers flare and innocent people get flamed there's another thing to consider thats very important in this type of environment and in the context of this thread.
The above quote is an excerpt from a conversation I recently had
with another member/MOD who I won't name out of courtesy to them.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:10 PM   #41
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Maybe there should be a poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog0525
I agree. In fact I would be in favor of eliminating the ability of one member to subtract karma from another. It usually results in hurt feelings, anger or a pi--ing contest, you know, the contest where everyone involved gets wet. If you leave negative karma for someone, they are naturally going to feel insulted and be tempted to retaliate, justified or not.
Karma points are reputation points and we all want, or should want, a good reputation.
The risk of personal feuds on these forums should be avoided, IMHO.
It's nice to have the ability to reward good posts with positive karma, but do we really need the ability to privately impugn another member's reputation if we disagree with their comments? We have the ability and the right to respond publicly to comments we don't like (politely), ignore them or report posts to moderators if we find them especially offensive.
How will we feel if we have tarnished someone's reputation on these forums, then later meet them in person?
Remember when your momma said "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all"? Mommas are very smart people. C'mon kids, let's turn those frowns upside down.
As the karma awarding system stands now, anyone could leave bad karma for me as payback for any perceived wrong they feel I have commited here or elsewhere. Heck, someone could join up here just to leave bad karma for any member they have a grudge with.
I say we should accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative.
Wtite a good post....get a reward, write a bad post....get no reward and run the risk of being sent to the corner by a moderator.

Totally agree with your comments
Old 08-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
sigmund the sea monster

Quote:
So, what is the Moderators' preference? Report bad posts, or ping the poster with bad karma?
Tom
BTW...I checked out your photos. You've done a terrific job with the AS.
The last photo made me laugh...that's what made me think of the above title.
Boy, it really got slimed huh?
But, it looks amazing now that you've got a little sweat equity invested.
Nice job.