Old 07-14-2016, 11:23 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
Hand in there it will eventually work.

The adds all get approved at the same time so that's how come they are clumped together like that.

I suggested a mod contacting the SELLER (by the required forum method) FIRST to see if they respond to that then they can post the add.

Most just forget to log back in and check and many forget to cancel their add.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:23 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
Sorry...hang in there....not hand.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:27 AM   #17

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
A lot of times the trailers are sold and the poster has not indicated or cancelled the ad. That is a big reason why you don't get responses.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:38 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Monmouth , Oregon
Craigslist is a good place to shop. Just be careful, Airstreams seem to be one of he preferred big shiny lures for scammers who are only after your email for spam.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:44 AM   #19

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Sparks , Nevada
I bought mine on Ebay!

2015 F350 CC 4X4 6.7 Diesel
2010 27FB Silver Cloud "The Silver Spoon"
Old 07-14-2016, 11:52 AM   #20
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera View Post
A lot of times the trailers are sold and the poster has not indicated or cancelled the ad. That is a big reason why you don't get responses.

Jack
Jack,

That brings up another question:

Why can't I delete an add I placed. (If I can I can't figure out how).

I marked it sold, However all my contact information still shows up. I edited it all out piece by piece, but I prefer the add would be gone completely.

Ken
Old 07-14-2016, 12:06 PM   #21

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Can't buy an Airstream

Ken, in actuality the ads are self deleting based on time. What sellers should do is indicate that the trailer is sold. That unfortunately isn't always done, leading to the stale listings. You will notice that the ads indicate a listed date and the time left for the listing.

I'm sure the reasoning for the lack of an instant deletion feature is the limitations imposed by the software that is used for this section of the forum. Your solution is probably the best that can be done at this time.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:23 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Seattle , Washington
The response rate for the listing on this forum is very low; no idea why.
Perhaps the lister isn't really interested in selling the rig, or they're challenged by the technology, simple as it is; many of the posted photos are sideways or upside down.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:27 PM   #23
59' Globester

1959 18' "Footer"
san francisco , California
Yes, it's not like much anything else I've ever bought.
You certainly would be hard pressed to want to go camping this week and buy one.

I was looking for a mid to late 50's model less than 20' and after a year or so bought one for too much and am still working on it 1 1/2 years later.

As soon as I bought it I saw two other way better deals...
twolanehwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Nebo , North Carolina
Smile Classifieds

I found several in the classifieds. Called and wanted to look at one with full intention of purchasing it but the seller could not work out a time for me to see it. I got impatient as it was just what I wanted. Price was right, pictures looked great, size 23 ft was what I wanted. Just needed to see it.
The second was a 2015 Flying Cloud 25 FB, 50 miles away. The price was more than I wanted to spend but I wanted to see it if just for my knowledge of the Airstream. The seller was easy and accommodating to work with. I purchased it and now am very happy the first classified did not work out.
Clean, quiet, I love it.
I wish you the good luck I had.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:42 PM   #25

1975 Argosy 24
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
There are several issues that contribute to the Classifieds experience. Clearly it's not a perfect system, but there are drawbacks to nearly any system, and significantly more drawbacks to most FREE systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Jack,

That brings up another question:

Why can't I delete an add I placed. (If I can I can't figure out how).

I marked it sold, However all my contact information still shows up. I edited it all out piece by piece, but I prefer the add would be gone completely.

Ken
When you mark an ad Sold, the "Contact Seller" dialog goes away but it seems that the phone # field does not get hidden, and I think that should be hidden. I'll bring that up with the site owner and the programmer. We don't recommend including more contact information in the text of the ad rather than in the dedicated fields for it (Phone #, city, etc.)

One reason that ads don't get deleted when you click "Sold" is that it's useful for sold ads to remain visible for buyers to get a feel for the market. Obviously one can't be sure the unit sold for the asking price, but having an idea of what moves to Sold and what stays on the market may be helpful to a buyer. It would be more helpful if sellers more consistently marked the ad Sold when it does sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Were the three Airforums ads from actual active members or from people who signed up just to place an ad? Getting no response is all to common here from non active members. This site has no requirements to post. Because of this we get all kinds of scammers.
We review ads pretty heavily based on a set of criteria that we do not publicize, because knowing the criteria would be useful to scammers. Because we review many of the ads, we're volunteers and we're not a 24x7 shift-oriented moderating team, ads very often get reviewed and approved in batches. The publication time is NOT necessarily the submission time of the ads, and we do watch for things like who the submitters of various ads are. If you feel like you see a scam ad, by all means report it using the "Report this ad" button present on each ad. Please note that it's not really possible for someone to scam you if they're not responding to you, a seller not answering his or her email does not mean they're a scammer, it means they're not a very good seller.

As to requirements that sellers be longer-term participating members of AIRForums, I can tell you that we have many members who've been members for a long time but don't have many posts, and they login fairly regularly and read what others have posted. An arbitrary minimum post limit would be bad for them, just as an example. Also, when I'm in the market to buy something I like to see lots of choices (in vendor, product or both.) I'd prefer to see the units offered by someone who doesn't happen to be an active AIRForums member in addition to units sold by long-time members, and all other things being equal I'd probably be more interested in a trailer owned and maintained by an active AIRForums member but more selection is generally better than less.

Il Carriaggio 1975 Argosy 24 | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:14 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

1992 21' Sovereign
Austin , Texas
93 21ft Sovereign

I placed an ad in classified here. My phone started ringing immediately and I sold it in 6hrs,sight unseen! Should of upped the price I guess
Old 07-14-2016, 01:21 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
2007 28' International CCD
1999 34' Limited
2009 22' Interstate
Woodbury , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal15 View Post
Ditto on this. I scoured Forums Classifieds for a good six months before our "right" AS came along and it ended up only being 40 minutes from home. So if you really want an AS, hang in there.

Dana
Thanks for all the good replies
Old 07-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
belen , New Mexico
use allofcraigs and do a search in each part of the county