Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Campers Book

I wanted to share this and many of you may already do this. When we started tent camping 4 years ago I started a camp book pictures, camping pay stubs etc my son was 3 then. I have kept it up through the years today I was putting some stuff in there from last weekend and had to look over it. From our tent days, pop-up days and now the Airstream kinda made me start feeling a little sentimental when I looked back my son with his sand bucket, tiki umbrellas from our drinks at Disney, camping sites we have visited etc.
Just an idea sure did bring back all the past camping trips we have had.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:17 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
good idea

Becky,
Our friends gave us this journal to record our trips. It is a really cool journal with old Wally photos and plenty of pages to record memories from trips. You can order one online. Best of all.. the cover is made of Aluminum.

Airstream - Travel Journal

Keep a hold of your memories in this wonderful travel journal. Ring bound with a metal cover and illustrated throughout.
$16.95

AZstreamin
AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Need one of those.

Those are cool but back to the sentimental thing my son made me this cool album like thing for me in scouts last year at camp I just adore it.
Air# 9552
Old 05-18-2006, 10:30 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Ladson , South Carolina
Campers book

When we bought our current rig in '99 my husband bought me a register to keep track of our trips. As the pages are numbered and I only use a page/trip it is easy to count journeys. We just returned from trip #130! I list where, when, who, time traveled to arrive, cost and a brief note of what we did every day. Always good to bring back memories but also to refer to when going on a similar trip. Wondering if I will be needing a "2nd edition" by 2007!
SC Coastal Unit
TAC-SC5
Safari Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Cool

How ironic I see this post today as I was looking over all the pictures from our past 2.5 years of camping. We started off one weekend in a tent, bought a pop up the following weekend, and just this past January bought "Margo". With a group of people we met pop up camping, we've taken almost monthly trips with them and although my "journal" is just digital pictures, I can still recall all the wonderful memories we have made.

One of our friends has several 3-ring binders they use and write down a lot of information-like what's posted above. It sure is something to look back on!

2005 22' Safari-
...lost her in the divorce-
Would like another (Airstream), please!

FiveGreers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Wow AZstreamin! Not only will we have the same trailer/tow rig, we will have the same journal. I told my wife I wanted the very same notebook to use as a journal months ago. I plan to put a representative photo along with each journal entry and include everything from miles covered to activities we do with the kids and people we meet. Can't wait 'till we pick our unit up and start by recording our shake down "voyage" and the cristening of the "Changes in Lattitude" in a couple of weeks.
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:19 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
Wow AZstreamin! Not only will we have the same trailer/tow rig, we will have the same journal. I told my wife I wanted the very same notebook to use as a journal months ago. I plan to put a representative photo along with each journal entry and include everything from miles covered to activities we do with the kids and people we meet. Can't wait 'till we pick our unit up and start by recording our shake down "voyage" and the cristening of the "Changes in Lattitude" in a couple of weeks.
MM,
Wow, that is really funny. I'm excited for you and the maiden voyage.
I can hear Jimmy Buffet now.....
It's these changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes
Nothing remains quite the same
With all of our running and all of our cunning
if we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

AZstreamin
AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #8
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I'm a huge Buffet fan and my wife felt that that was a natural name for our Airstream. In my last truck I had a 12 CD changer with 1 Disney CD for the kids and the rest were Buffet CD's. This one only has a 6-CD changer and still the one requisit Disney CD, but the rest are Buffet. I'm sure the same will be true in the "Changes".
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:06 PM   #9
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile If we couldn't laugh we all would go insane! great motto!

We are Airstreaming Parrot heads too!!

Minnie's Mate---Love the new trailer's name, we have a Margaritaville flag for our trailer and its name is "Margaritaville." My hubby has the JB bug a bit worse than me the cds he brings for long trips are all Buffett, I like Buffett but sometimes I wanna hear Motown too (you can take the girl out of Detroit but..).
Becky--loved reading about the camping memory books. So far we've got a binder with pockets. Seems like everytime I print out the digital photos a relative snags them-- but I keep them on the computer/backed up on a dvd. One of these days I'll get them all into a scrap book! Can't wait til Sam goes into scouts and makes mom some cool memorabilia!! I'm waiting for the macaroni frames...
Old 05-18-2006, 07:02 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
It's nice to read that you guys do this. We have fun putting together an new three ring notebook for each trip with details for each leg of the journey in it's own section. We put in the AAA Trip Tix showing our route along with construction areas, rest stops, mileage, fuel projections etc. Sometimes we print and use the Good Sam trip maps instead. From each place we visit and camp we'll include brochures and of course digital camera shots printed up and included as well. It's fun to go back for a look, even with our limited Airstreaming experience. It's nice to hear how others do this.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:31 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Steph,
Scouts is wonderful my son loves it. Dad and son leave next Sunday for camp until Wednesday.
Air# 9552
Old 05-18-2006, 08:46 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
We are not nearly so organized as many of you seem to be, but starting back in 1986 when we took our first family trip to the North Woods of Minnesota (loaded in our station wagon, looking like the Beverly Hillbillies en route), I bought a writing journal in the little town of Grand Marais, started recording our trip, and I've kept it up for nearly all our trips since. I'm on a third journal now, and reading back, it's fun to see how we provisioned differently year to year (the mantra was always: pack lighter!), reflections, family changes and additions, so many words written so often about the same places and people, yet always different year to year. Since, we've added our trips West and South. I am no artist, but I would often sketch a place or plant or animal--tuck in a snapshot or keepsake--hardly like a Lewis and Clark, but uniquely our own! I recommend this for all of you to begin in some form or another. You'll treasure your memories recorded this way. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #13
Van
4 Rivet Member

1977 23' Safari
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZstreamin
Becky,
Our friends gave us this journal to record our trips. It is a really cool journal with old Wally photos and plenty of pages to record memories from trips. You can order one online. Best of all.. the cover is made of Aluminum.

Airstream - Travel Journal

Keep a hold of your memories in this wonderful travel journal. Ring bound with a metal cover and illustrated throughout.
$16.95

AZstreamin

My wife's folks gave her one of those when we got our Argosy. Its a cool little book but the back keeps falling off.
former '77 23' Safari owner
former 25' Fun Finder X-250BHS SOB owner
current 26' Komfort Trailblazer 262BSLE SOB owner
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:00 AM   #14
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
West of Boston , Massachusetts
My best camping memories are tent camping with my three sons. They are all grown now but my wife put together a collage of camping pictures for me one Christmas. Best gift I ever received.
DEO is offline   Reply With Quote