Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Camper Clinic II And The Importance of a Dealer Near You

Hi there! First time poster here.
My husband and I have been planning on getting an Airstream for years and after much consideration of all our options, we are finally ready to take the plunge. Despite originally wanting to buy a vintage AS (either already restored or pay someone to restore it for us), we have a growing family and there are too many uncertainties with going that route.
And so, we have decided to purchase new or lightly used.
We are located in Austin, TX. My first question is, how important is it to buy from a dealer near you? There is a dealer 20 minutes from our house, Camper Clinic II, which offers a "lifetime warranty" on Airstreams through a program called RV Warranty Forever. Does anyone have experience with this service? Is it truly a value-add, or just a sales gimmick?
Secondly, has anyone purchased an AS from Camper Clinic II, and how has your experience been?
I should add that this dealer has mostly brand-new Airstreams so if we purchase from them, it will likely be new.
Thank you in advance for your answers on this inquiry and many future more!
OutOfOffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
Here is a thread on the RV Forever Warranty.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...er-141452.html

It looks more like a sales gimmick as you have to have the annual service done by an authorized service center (dealer) or it will void the warranty.

As for Camper Clinic, we live in the area and were never able to find what we wanted in stock. We decided on an out of state dealership and Camp Clinic treats us the same as if we bought the trailer from them. They have a guy in the service center that has all of the part number memorized across the years. It is funny to listen to them when you check out. We have never had any service done by them but they seem to be knowledgeable. I also prefer to do the work myself.

We didn't want a full restore project so we waited until we could find a lightly used one. It was a long three year wait.
AirTime23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:31 PM   #3
maa
2 Rivet Member

Katy , Texas
We just bought from them and the sale went really smooth. Just dropped off the AS for warranty work on Sunday; they said they are super busy right now but will get as much done as possible before Labor Day so we can take it out again. So far it's been good but we've had our AS for less than a month.
maa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:41 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Eddie Bauer
TX , Texas
I purchased from Camper Clinic 2 a little over 2 years ago. I had a smooth selling process and a very accommodating service experience. I would purchase from them again without question.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:10 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
We have purchased from Camper Clinic II as well as utilized their Service in the past. I will simply state we WILL NOT RETURN again for purchase nor service. We traveled to Gulfport, MS to Foley RV for our most recently purchased Airstream.
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Spring , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
We have purchased from Camper Clinic II as well as utilized their Service in the past. I will simply state we WILL NOT RETURN again for purchase nor service. We traveled to Gulfport, MS to Foley RV for our most recently purchased Airstream.

We bought here as well (CC2) and while the sales process was great, the service was amazingly lacking and after getting tired of hearing how Matthew McConnoghey does his service there, I am sure that only he gets that service. We will never go here again and Airstream referred us to another facility for repairs and final PDI. By the way, they did NOT do the PDI prior to delivery and on our first trip we would have given it back had we been able to.
MandDinSpgTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Spring , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfOffice View Post
Hi there! First time poster here.
My husband and I have been planning on getting an Airstream for years and after much consideration of all our options, we are finally ready to take the plunge. Despite originally wanting to buy a vintage AS (either already restored or pay someone to restore it for us), we have a growing family and there are too many uncertainties with going that route.
And so, we have decided to purchase new or lightly used.
We are located in Austin, TX. My first question is, how important is it to buy from a dealer near you? There is a dealer 20 minutes from our house, Camper Clinic II, which offers a "lifetime warranty" on Airstreams through a program called RV Warranty Forever. Does anyone have experience with this service? Is it truly a value-add, or just a sales gimmick?
Secondly, has anyone purchased an AS from Camper Clinic II, and how has your experience been?
I should add that this dealer has mostly brand-new Airstreams so if we purchase from them, it will likely be new.
Thank you in advance for your answers on this inquiry and many future more!

Houston area couple here. Bought at CC2. Never again. We take it North Dallas RV (Randy) for service. They been in business for 35 years and don’t sell them, but are the second longest running Airstream repair shop in the US. Airstream referred us to them.
MandDinSpgTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Fredericksburg , Texas
I had some body panel work done there last year and they did a good job. Unfortunately, I am having to take it in again for some more body work, not because of them, but because of a problem on a road in Arkansas.