Old 07-20-2003, 05:00 PM   #29
Cartoon Character
2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Originally posted by takito
Today my wife and I visited a local Airstream dealer again to check out the 16 ft CCD. Sales person told us that they are going to increase price of this little guy by $5,000 next year. Is that true?
He's probably right ... but not that much.

I do know that the Retail Base of the 34 Classic increased by $4,083.00 ... and the 30 Classic increased $3,463.00 ... these numbers are 2004 vs. 2003.

This is the annual biggest jump I have seen in awhile. I guess Airstream is making hay while the sun shines.

Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 05:25 PM   #30
1 Rivet Member
West Hartford
Send a message via AIM to beachmpk Send a message via Yahoo to beachmpk
Just to let you know that a 25' Tradewind would be just fine. As you can see at the left, we have a 72 Tradewind. The floor plan is:
Rear Bath,
Double Bed middle with a closet and bureau (slide out drawers behind a set of doors under the window) on the other side and overhead compartments on both sides)
Front couch that converts to double and a fold out table that we frequently seat six at for games.

We have folding stools for the kids but have also used outdoor folding chairs to get really comfortable for those competitive Scrabble games.

We have four kids, but they have their own tent. The youngest still sleeps in the trailer. We leave the rear bed open to the double position when camping. The kids range from 4 to 14 and we are very comfortable. They have even had friends around on rainy days and we were all in the trailer without feeling like sardines.

As far as the floor plans go - I know that these were made with there being a single bed on either side and even bunks that fold down from above in the middle area. This would eliminate the very convenient closet. There could also be a twin bed bunk over the double. There was one for sale on eBay once whinch leads me to believe that it is possible to find one.

My mother has a 1969 Globetrotter (21 feet?). The kids stayed with her without a tent when we had only two kids. That was starting to get a little crowded but it was "doable".

beachmpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:32 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member
Unhappy Those trailer weights

Everybody says there's a table on the Airstream site but I can't find it!

It's NOT that -- that link doesn't work.

I have searched all over and can't find weights for older trailers. Does anyone know where I can find them?
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:36 PM   #32
Just a member
1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Airstream redesigned their site.

Here is the correct link to the weights:

Or click HERE

Keep looking!
Brett G
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 05:28 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

Thank you Brett! That is just was I was looking for, and I could NOT find it!

I love this forum site. (And we WILL keep looking!)

Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 07:24 AM   #34
Rivet Master
1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Send a message via ICQ to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Yahoo to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Skype™ to 53flyingcloud
Exclamation Not an A/S but...

Two die as camper flips on I-66

Roger Bianchini

Eyewitnesses describe violently tumbling vehicle.

Two of four Canadian family members traveling westbound in a Ford Expedition on Interstate 66 were killed last Thursday afternoon after the driver lost control of an approximately 27-foot Fleetwood Mallard camper being towed.

The father, Jean Coupal, 40, and his daughter, Liliane, 12, were pronounced dead at the scene. The mother, Danielle, 39, and her son, Jeremy, 14, survived the accident with what were reported to be non-life-threatening injuries.

State police at the scene said the adult female was driving with her husband in the front passenger seat with the couple's children in the back seat. Liliane was thrown from the SUV, which eyewitnesses say tumbled violently after being separated from the trailer, during the accident.

It is believed the family was returning to their home in Quebec when the accident occurred. Maps and personal items lay strewn down the highway in the path of the accident.

Danielle Coupal was transported from the scene by helicopter to Fairfax INOVA Hospital. Her son, diagnosed with less severe injuries at the scene, was initially transported to Warren Memorial Hospital by a Front Royal Company One unit. According to Warren County Fire and Rescue Chief Richard Mabie, Jeremy Coupal was later transferred to Fairfax INOVA Hospital to be close to his mother.

Pittsburgh-area resident Chris Mounts, 20, was also with his parents and sister in the family car traveling westbound on I-66 around 4:30 p.m. on July 24. What he and his family saw transpire on the road in front of them left them shaken as they watched rescue efforts develop over the next 90 minutes and learned there were fatalities.

"The trailer began to fishtail," Mounts, whose father was driving at the time, said. "Then it jackknifed and the trailer went over on its side and skidded and the black SUV or pickup started rolling and went over the bank."

"It happened very quick," Mounts father, who declined further comment, said as he sat next to his son on the guard rail on the right shoulder of the highway in a blazing sun as rescue and recovery work continued.

While a state trooper on the scene said it was unlikely a vehicle the size of a Ford Expedition had rolled that many times, Chris Mounts said it seemed as though the SUV had rolled about 10 times down the highway before tumbling down the right bank where it came to rest upside down some 60 to 70 feet off the highway.

Rescue and fire units from the Front Royal, Linden and North Warren Fire Departments, as well a rescue unit from Marshall, responded to the scene along with Virginia State Police and Warren County Sheriff's Office units.

The accident occurred approximately a mile and a half west of the Linden exit off I-66. Traffic was blocked till shortly after 6 p.m. and backed up an estimated three-plus miles during the rescue efforts and the righting and removal of the trailer from the highway.

This is so sad..

WBCCI 5292 AIR 807
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote