Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2004, 03:39 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Buyer Check List

I have noticed recently that there are many people asking about what to look for in purchasing a used trailer.
On that note I have started putting together a list of things that need to be looked at when purchasing a used Airstream or any trailer for that matter.

What I am looking for is input from all of our members to be included in this list. Once it is compiled, I will put it into a down-loadable file. You can then print it and take it with you to check out a prospective purchase. It could also help you to make shopping comparisons when back at home.

I would request that in your responses you segregate your comments between "General things to look for" and things "specific to a particular model" I will try to include all suggested check points, but we will have to see how that works.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , ^
Good idea. I started one some time ago after checking out a trailer for someone on the forum. I put most of it together in an Excel spreadsheet and published it to my website.

Feel free to take and modify it. At the end I had drawings of the various views of the trailer to mark off dents, dings, tears, rust, etc. Much like an insurance company uses, but I never uploaded the graphics.

Hope this helps.

Checklist

Sneakinup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:12 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Nice checklist. I'll use it to organize my thinking about a new restoration.....and the budget. Thanks
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:57 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
Talking

This checklist will be very beneficial in buying a vintage AS because if you are like I am, I always get in total awe when looking at an AS and forget to check ALL of the in's and out's before buying. Eventually I would like to purchase an older and smaller AS and refurbish it. This will assist me in keeping everything in focus and not to 'impulse buy' when considering my next purchase...