Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 08:30 AM   #61
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Pleasant Garden , North Carolina
We bought our 2019 30' Classic at Out of Doors Mart in Greensboro, NC. Jason Roberts was our sales rep and was great to work with. The service department has been more than helpful to work with and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
jlandreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:29 AM   #62
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by cru-in View Post
OP Here.

Thanks team, this has been an exceptional discussion about the pros/cons of local vice remote purchasing of an AS. You have given us much to think about.

Dan
Soon to be proud owned of a 25RB
Oh and Dan...you might want to take a hard look at the Twin model...more space to store stuff inside and outside- 3 outside compartments with the Twins only, more room to dress and make the bed, more sleeping area...a queen is 60"; the twins are 34" each! Might consider a front bed also...then your viewing area out the back is from the dinette...I know, the RB model has an oven and a microwave, but you can get the convection/microwave which works great also...now, go see Patrick and get on the road!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:54 AM   #63
1 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Annapolis , Maryland
Buy from Colonial, I made a mistake with Camping World

I was just told by neighbors last night that Camping World in VA is no longer selling Airstreams... that they were being represented by another company down there? But, if they are, I would definitely NOT go to Camping World for your Airstream. I am in Maryland and we bought our Airstream literally on a whim... no camper experience and not much research. I never even looked on Google or Yelp to compare dealers... mostly because the Airstream website directed us to VA due to proximity. Clearly, we did a few things wrong here... Thankfully, I did my research for repairs and I had my warranty service done at Colonial. After my poor experience with Camping World, I was ready to drive to OH for service, but thankfully learned about Colonial. They are excellent, and it makes sense to have a dealer you trust for future repairs. Not to mention, I am a woman and the people in VA wouldn't even look at me when giving us the tour on delivery. I was told the "inside is for me and the outside is for my husband," which is anything but true in my family!!!

Lastly, they did the hitch on our vehicle at Camping World and when I brought it to Colonial for servicing after driving 8000 miles over the summer, they said they were surprised we didn't have a massive wreck because it was all wrong. Frightening.

In case it's not clear... I feel strongly about this... so much so that it's my first response on the forum

Good luck!
Kirsten
ChappysGoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:05 PM   #64
1 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Miami , Florida
We live in Miami, Fla. our closest dealer was 200+ miles away, lousy service. We get professional service from JD Saunders in Alachua, Fla. 350 miles away. Your trusted service should not be more than one days travel including pick-up and going to a nearby campground to check everything out for a night.
nduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #65
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Edisto Island , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandreth View Post
We bought our 2019 30' Classic at Out of Doors Mart in Greensboro, NC. Jason Roberts was our sales rep and was great to work with. The service department has been more than helpful to work with and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Ditto for us. Our experience there has always been fine. A good city campground is pretty close if you need to stay overnight.
Edistobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:18 PM   #66
1 Rivet Member

1999 19' Bambi
Morrison , Colorado
Colonial

I bought a 23' flying cloud from them in January this year. Top notch outfit, I would recommend them highly. No surprises, class business!!
Rich P
Pruckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:26 PM   #67
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
New Hyde Park , New York
Colonial

When my 2018 water heater broke loose and tore the exterior alum skin, Colonial’s Service Dept went immediately into action. Anthony quickly secured the green light from the mothership and we got the call to pick it up all within 4 weeks. No muss, no fuss.

2021 Ram 1500 Laramie - 5.7L Hemi eTORQUE

Airstream Club International #2600

I’d rather be camping is an understatement!
eagletoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 06:10 AM   #68
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandreth View Post
Hi

I've been in to there as well. They are a first class operation and a great bunch of folks to do business with. If they were closer to me than Colonial (and I'd knew about them ...), I'd go there to shop rather than Colonial. I have gone there for parts and service when out on the road.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote