Old 05-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #15
Something Shiny

2017 27' International
Mosinee , Wisconsin
I'd recommend investigating the reputation of Camping World's ownership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cru-in View Post
Hi Team,

So considering the price between these two options is basically the same. Where would you chose to buy at:

Airstream of VA (80 miles away). As local as it gets for us.
They are now owned by Camping World and are building a huge new Airstream Only Dealer/Showroom. They will occupy it in about 4 weeks. A plus here is:
1) Closest
2) Country wide network of Camping World Dealers.

OR

Colonial of NJ
As i quickly found from reading this forum. They have an excellent reputation. Chatting with Patrick was amazing. He is as knowledgeable and friendly as he seems in the videos. A Plus here is
1) Reputation
2) Patrick . His youtube vids played a big role in our selection.

So which would you chose? Any other Pros/Cons I should consider?

ProPride hitch, 1400#
2018 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel
Pongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #16

2014 20' Flying Cloud
STONY POINT , New York
Colonial AS is worth the trip

Purchased my FC20C from Nick at Colonial. This is a great family owned business staffed by friendly professional knowledgeable people. They are presently building a new larger facility which to me confirms their commitment to the Airstream product..

Steve Landco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:15 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Oak Ridge , North Carolina
We had a dealer 10 miles away and Colonial 4 states away. We went to Colonial and have never regretted.
Ms.Damascus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:18 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
I'd recommend investigating the reputation of Camping World's ownership.
^^^ x2

https://www.google.com/search?q=Airs...com&gws_rd=ssl
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...ia-190535.html
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f348...ce-179731.html
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...ml#post2063038

Personally, I would travel much further to go to Colonial.

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:39 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Spring , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cru-in View Post
Hi Team,

So considering the price between these two options is basically the same. Where would you chose to buy at:

Airstream of VA (80 miles away). As local as it gets for us.
They are now owned by Camping World and are building a huge new Airstream Only Dealer/Showroom. They will occupy it in about 4 weeks. A plus here is:
1) Closest
2) Country wide network of Camping World Dealers.

OR

Colonial of NJ
As i quickly found from reading this forum. They have an excellent reputation. Chatting with Patrick was amazing. He is as knowledgeable and friendly as he seems in the videos. A Plus here is
1) Reputation
2) Patrick . His youtube vids played a big role in our selection.

So which would you chose? Any other Pros/Cons I should consider?
We live in Houston and bought in the Austin area. If we had it to do all over again, we would have made the trip to Colonial (yes, that far) due to just the info we have received from Patrick and we didn't even purchase from him. The dealers here in TX are not that great. Vogt opened an AS only facility and we will see how it goes. Make the trip to NJ. I already refer colleagues there. Most knowledgeable and they love the AS market and beholden to no one else.
MandDinSpgTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Mountain View , California
I believe that weíre the record holder for distance traveled to buy from Colonial, California to New Jersey. Our local dealer required a four month wait for the Classic we wanted and Colonial had it in stock. Met the quoted local price (24% off sticker) and our local dealer has been excellent for warranty service.
JFRINALDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Morristown , Tennessee
Another vote for Colonial. The drive from Tennessee was worth every mile and New Jersey toll.
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #22

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Virginia
Look around

We bought from Airstream of Va last year, which is also "local" for us. If we were to buy another unit from a dealer again, we would certainly check out Colonial. While we tend to shop local as much as possible, shopping local would not be a priority for us again. Rather, we'd focus on customer service, reliability, responsiveness, and honesty.
SEWandSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:51 PM   #23

Currently Looking...
Roslyn , New York
We just picked up our new 2019 Globetrotter this weekend from Colonial and returned home 20 minutes ago when I saw this post. I live on Long Island. We have a seasonal spot at Jersey Shore Haven for this first year. We spent a year watching Patrick's videos. Started out buying a 27 Flying Cloud. Changed our mind to a 25 Flying Cloud. Changed our minds again to a 25 Globetrotter and while at Colonial 2 weeks ago changed our minds again to a 27 Globetrotter and after 2 nights in the RV we are extremely happy. We never even considered going to another dealer. All I can say is that they are terrific. From beginning to end the experience was amazing. Every single person that I met their is very nice, patient, kind and helpful. I highly recommend them.

Charlie
Flyingchiodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2019 16' Sport
Alexandria , Virginia
I live in Alexandria VA and made my 2019 Sport 16 purchase,Nov 18, at Colonial AS.Price checked at two other dealers and all were in the same ball park.Patrick's U Tube walkthrough was my only introduction to the AS enterprise and all that was needed to convince me to buy an AS.His total command of everything you want/need to know about a Sport 16 AS was the tie breaker to buy at Colonial.Both Kevin and Patrick have answered every after sale questions, to include those not well thought out, without delay.
Ron1934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:38 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Wayland , Massachusetts
We have purchased two Airstreams from Patrick and do not regret going to him. He is thoroughly knowledgeable about Airstreams and a really nice human.
As to service, we have different views of Colonial. The service department at Colonial has disappointed us repeatedly. We have found expert, conscientious and appropriate service at Airstream of Nashua, Nashua, New Hampshire. I understand that Nashua, New Hampshire may be too far away for you in Virginia but service department confidence is very important to us. We have found that Dan and Matt at Airstream of Nashua are top flight and they have given us great confidence.
I hope that this is helpful.
I find that pointing out dealer reps that give the level of service that we expect from the Airstream brand is an important function of this forum. I was disappointed by Airstream service at Colonial and loved the sales team. Service at Airstream of Nashua is absolutely the best.
jsfranchek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:40 PM   #26
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

We made the drive over to Colonial and are glad we did. Yes, it's a drive. Go over, spend a day and *look* at what you are considering buying. Look at the other options. That's the only way to figure out what makes sense. At Colonial, we could just sit in this one or that one. No hassle, no pressure, just spend time working out what made sense. The dealer needs to have inventory on the lot for that to work. In our case it saved us a *lot* of time.

Since buying this trailer, I've been to visit a number of AS dealers while shopping for parts out on the road. They very much are *not* all created equal. There are a couple I'd put up there with Colonial. There are quite a few that simply do not measure up. That's not to say that *any* of them are perfect, just that some are a lot less perfect.

Go give Patrick a visit .....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:47 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

California , MD
Thanks All. Wow I hope Colonial reads this. They have a very happy following.

CW's final offer was to order a 2020, for 21.5% off current 2019 MSRP.

Effectively locking the price at 21.5% off 2019 pricing for a 2020.
cru-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
I think you know the answer...your intuition says Patrick; go with your gut. It's not everyday you buy an AS...if the price suites you, you already know Colonial has a great reputation. Now stop procrastinating, get that deal done, and get out there and enjoy your new AS!

By the way; what "team" are you referring to anyway?? Not sure any of us belong to a "team"...just being neighborly!

Summer in Lincoln, MT- Winter in Austin, TX
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote