Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2017, 09:18 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
Buy a used fairly modern trailer or restore/resto?

Been window shopping some and notice some pricing differences, obviously what I would want is more than I want to spend.

I like the airstream because I have a tree farm with a barn I can stick it in and use to sleep in while out there, we won't sell the land anytime soon and I think the airstream will hold some value. I can use it on occasion to do some travelling as well.

I was looking at the classic 30, I like the fold out couch bed in front and queen bed in the rear, i guess the kitchenette foldout out into a bed too. Plenty of room for me.

I was thinking something moderately used, 2000's +, in the 30-50k range. Use it for 10-15 years and remodel it to get some more life out of it.

But when looking through classifieds it occurred to me that since I am a custom higher end home builder I could probably 'manage' a resto on an older trailer... Like have someone redo the floor, seams, R&R frame/undercarriage misc, buff out the exterior, etc. And I could probably put some finishing touches on it (doubt I have time/desire to completely redo one).

Is there any good people out there that do this? What are your experiences?
Joe T is offline   Reply With Quote